[PGT] Canucks at Flames - F*** CBC Edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Tell me how it's crap 

was there or was there not defensive mistakes

Is this really the way you want to see the Canucks win against non playoff teams

This guy reminds me of Noah while he was building the ark… Telling everyone the rains coming but everyone was laughing at him…

crossover noah GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Was listening to Drance and Dodd on Sportsnet 650.The problem isn't teams win ugly games. It's that the Canucks haven't played well for awhile now. The only good game Canucks had since the last Edmonton win was the Montreal game.

Compared to who?

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Good teams shouldn't lose to these teams and the Canucks lose to SJS 

1 extra bounce for the Flames and the Canucks could have lost this game. 

The Problem is it isn't just 1 game here and there it is beginning to be every game.

NJ is next and they have a finisher in Jack Hughes who shows up every game how do you feel going into that game

Canucks 5 - 2

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Compared to who?

Just compared to stats. 5 on 5, PK, the bottom 6 driving play, etc. you can listed to the Canucks Talk podcast in Sportsnet if you are curious. 

Generally Drance sees things like how a Vegas odd maker would see things. 

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Heh, remember the 100+ point regular seasons when *SOME* people would complain about such "important" things like "Why doesn't AV call a timeout?" 🤣  Or, why is Bryon Ritchie on the power play?

I loved the over/under bets pregame on how many times Mason Raymond hits the deck untouched by the opponent. His career average has to be over 5.5 at the very least. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

I think the schedule is getting a bit easier in December. I hope they can get over .500 again. It was very tough in November. And getting even harder in January and especially February. February is hard af. We will see. GCG. 

Need a healthy roster.   At least our D and Demko. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

I think the schedule is getting a bit easier in December. I hope they can get over .500 again. It was very tough in November. And getting even harder in January and especially February. February is hard af. We will see. GCG. 

In terms of road to home games ratio sure but this is also games against Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Dallas and NJ 

Anyways I really don't understand discussing schedule always. It's all part of the game and all teams play an 82 game schedule.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

I don’t know if I know how to read these graphs, but it looks to me like they have Hughes in last place in a bunch of categories including offence.  I can not see anything else except that which is ridiculous.  He scored and was flying around all night setting up chances.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

In terms of road to home games ratio sure but this is also games against Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Dallas and NJ 

Anyways I really don't understand discussing schedule always. It's all part of the game and all teams play an 82 game schedule.

True. That is why I am not comparing Canucks schedule to another teams schedule. But you can compare different months to another. And relatively speaking some months are tougher than others. In the end the team may even thrive in the tough months. We will see. 

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Just compared to stats. 5 on 5, PK, the bottom 6 driving play, etc. you can listed to the Canucks Talk podcast in Sportsnet if you are curious. 

Generally Drance sees things like how a Vegas odd maker would see things. 

No disrespect, but I am not a Drance lover. Dance either states the obvious or is wrong half the time. To be honest he kind of annoys me. But each to their own. I always ask the question, well, if everything is so bad, then how did they win? It wasn't Demko, which is usually how they steel games so exactly how? It is a 60 minute game and it is the micro mistakes that kill you.....Calgary is playing above 500 hockey since their slow start, yet we won...I ask how if All is so bad.

Edited by JIAHN
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Good game for several reasons, Petey looked much more like his healthy self; Lafferty is a great fit on that line, like PDG, he brings his lunchbox to the rink but he has far better speed, more finish, and the ability to take faceoffs. If he becomes the long-term right winger on that line, he will threaten 30 goals this year; what a fantastic pickup by PA. They should sign him now because he will only get more expensive playing with Petey. Zadorov looked okay; it was apparent on a few occasions that he was thinking about where he should be or where the puck should go. The thought process will improve in the next few weeks. That pairing did an excellent job five-on-five at keeping everything outside because of their length. There were times Demko looked great, but that Lindholm goal, where he completely lost the net, that was horid. I hope he's okay after getting bowled over on the Lame's first goal. I was afraid in the second that we were going to get goalied by Marky again; the Canucks by far controlled the high chances; it should have been 4 or 5-1 going into the third.

Oh, and take it easy on poor old Harnarayan; yes, he sucks; he has always sucked, but he sucks slightly less when the Coilers aren't playing. I watched the highlights just to enjoy the win a second time, and did not think his call showed favoritism. The goal he seemed most pumped for was Lafferty's. Having broadcast sports in my last life, I know that if you don't have a dog in the fight, you hope for a close, exciting game, so it makes sense that he might get a little excited when the Lames make their comeback. Those last five minutes were edge-of-your-seat exciting. But honestly, Shorty is the PxP guy in hockey, and Rick Ball is a close second. I would far rather listen to one of them do the game. I understand that CBC is reaching out to the Punjabi audience, but are they really that big?

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Vegas lost Theodore and Martinez from their D and had to re-adjust the Canucks lost Soucy and haven't re-adjusted since. what happens if they lose Hughes or Hronek

I think people’s expectations are too high due to our fantastic start.  We are not as good as LA, Vegas, Colorado and a few of the top tier eastern teams.  The fact that we are even close should be reason for optimism.  We don’t have the depth that those teams have and it shows when we lose any players,  it even key players.  To answer the question about what if we lose Hughes or Hronek or Petey or Miller.  We will be losing the majority of those games until we get them back most likely.  We can still beat some tired or lousy teams,  but we have a very nice cushion over the last wild card teams, so hopefully that is enough to get us to the playoffs.  We really shouldn’t expect anything more than that and then we won’t be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

I don’t know if I know how to read these graphs, but it looks to me like they have Hughes in last place in a bunch of categories including offence.  I can not see anything else except that which is ridiculous.  He scored and was flying around all night setting up chances.

Pretty sure it's based on what you expect from each player.   So.  If you made a graph from best to worst - it would look so different.   So much silly analytics these days, some caught on, some have not.   My suggestions is stick to the basic stats, and go from there.   And every single advanced stat, needs to be reflected based on quality of competition.   One of the best baselines is TOI.   That shows you, how much a coach trusts that player.   Separating EV, PK and PP also matters.    If a third line is playing against a top line ... and winning possession and is not a minus then great!    Excellent.   

Coaches used to ask anyone up against Mario and Gretzky just to try and tie him.   IF they could tie him, that was a huge win. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

I think people’s expectations are too high due to our fantastic start.  We are not as good as LA, Vegas, Colorado and a few of the top tier eastern teams.  The fact that we are even close should be reason for optimism.  We don’t have the depth that those teams have and it shows when we lose any players,  it even key players.  To answer the question about what if we lose Hughes or Hronek or Petey or Miller.  We will be losing the majority of those games until we get them back most likely.  We can still beat some tired or lousy teams,  but we have a very nice cushion over the last wild card teams, so hopefully that is enough to get us to the playoffs.  We really shouldn’t expect anything more than that and then we won’t be disappointed.

Yep.  CanucksFanForever sounds a lot like the whiny Green era posters.   Like somehow a more experienced coach was going to do better lol.  NOT.   Scotty Bowman would have quit pretty early on (would have never taken the gig in the first place).    Tochett got the start we so needed.   Allvin improved the roster but come on, Cole and Friedman was never a legit second pairing.   Soucy and Myers is above average for a third pairing.  Our top pairing for sure is the difference maker. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow, Canucks really dominated in spurts

Big guys look slow, Zardov looked slow but was never beat, not his #1 game but that is to be expected.

Hoglander suddenly benched half way through the third period

Myers looked pretty good, he did look fast, quick.

Fit their MO, win one, lose one.

Best game Petey has had for a few weeks.

No apparent injuries 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1