[PGT] Canucks at Flames - F*** CBC Edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

13 hours ago, Vancan said:

Well I live in Calgary, so ya I seen him play a tad. All I was saying is don't get to hyped up with him, thinking he will take us to the next tier and hang with the big boys. We are better with him, then without I suppose, buuuut not that much better

GO NUCKS!!!! 

The playoffs is where you will see the difference.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s a reaction play, it’s not always gonna be perfect.

You could tell at the end of the game he wasn’t happy with his game. I’m sure he’ll work on it.

He was obviously hurt earlier in the game. Hopefully just a niggling injury, but it seemed to affect him later in the game

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

t's like more that some of us are tired of the FIRE THE COACH panic reactionary stuff cropping up because it's a little ridiculous. Especially considering where we are compared to last year. 

There is an ignore function.

Perhaps,  some other posters are tired of the 'everything is beautiful' sunshine stuff everywhere. Because different people will have different opinions. 

This an opinion board is it not?

Especially considering, as has been pointed out- the penalty kill is weak, and the team is not playing well.

If opinions offend people so much- ignore the poster.

21 pages in this thread and about 10 of them have been people running at one poster.

Put them on ignore, and kindly move on.

Should be so easy.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Perhaps,  some other posters are tired of the 'everything is beautiful' sunshine stuff everywhere. Because different people will have different opinions. 

Especially considering, as has been pointed out- the penalty kill is weak, and the team is not playing well.

21 pages in this thread and about 10 of them have been people running at one poster.

Should be so easy.

So you pointed out two things. Here are two more:

1. We're in a much better spot this year than last year and that's worth considering

2. We've made some good changes/upgrades to the roster and it's early on and they're still learning under the new coach

More of that "blind to" stuff...."beautiful sunshine everywhere".  Ineffective exaggeration rather than engaging in constructive dialogue. Respect given is respect earned.

I'm not offended, I'm responding. Feel free to ignore or kindly move on, yes. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I just can't understand the doomers this season. We're vastly improved in roster, systems and results but the incessant whining does not stop. Some posters even praised and defended that 2021 coach and are now criticizing 2023 coach. 

Must be fun at parties..

Screenshot_20231203-132354.png

Screenshot_20231203-132419.png

Screenshot_20231203-132447.png

Not really a doomer but you cannot deny the team have been playing like ass the last 10 games especially the pp. It is like a different team play wise compared to the start of the season. 

Difference is our improved roaster did translate to wins over this bad stretch compared to previous years where we would be in a downward spiral instead of being just 500. 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Should be so easy.

Definitely the worst kind of people.

"STOP HAVING FUN NEAR ME!" 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Anyone else notice in the game when Petey was talking with Markstrom after the whistle, and it looked like Markstrom basically told him to f*** off out of his crease. I think that pissed Petey off a bit. He celebrated pretty hard in front of Markstrom after they scored.

Markstrom is mentally weak. Get in his face/head and rattle his cage and his whole game will be off.  

Yeah, I used to like Marky's intensity but he's a bit of a dick. I no longer am in his corner and hope he fails (miserably). 

Petey rattled his chain for sure. Unstable. Get in his grill.

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Not really a doomer but you cannot deny the team have been playing like ass the last 10 games especially the pp. It is like a different team play wise compared to the start of the season. 

Difference is our improved roaster did translate to wins over this bad stretch compared to previous years where we would be in a downward spiral instead of being just 500. 

Other teams scouted us. Couple key injuries and players probably playing tired and hurt due to condensed schedule. I'm still pretty hopeful that what we're seeing in the last 10 games isn't going to be their final form. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Also, remember what "playing like ass" looked like 2-3 years ago compared to now. .500 hockey would've been greatly appreciated then in a slump.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

You dumb it down and don't realize....it's tough in the NHL. Good teams lose, bad teams win. Happens. Don't panic.

That's exactly what I mean up there by a "game by game" basis that you decide on and change, drastically, in your opinion. 

Again...maybe wait and see what develops. At the first signs of imperfections don't default to projecting doom and gloom. Based on previous history and
"if" stuff.

You won't always see "the fight" in their game. Like when Miller's blocked a blast of a slapshot but comes back despite it...he may look a little off but that's not due to lack of fight or what some see as laziness. Actually, it proves the opposite....they do fight (through things at times). They're human beings and not robots. There are things factoring in for them each time they hit the ice. Some days they're better than others...all players experience that. Stuff hurts out there at times and can linger. All teams. Don't read it as lack of motivation or fight. Petey's been off...matters. Once he regains his form things look quite different. In the meantime, we're managing ok.

Armchair players have to understand that it is a grind at times. It's ok to have off games and not slay it and have convincing wins every game. If you can manage to regroup and take points when you need to, that counts.

Anyhow....if you don't see that they're motivated and fighting for this season, you're not looking hard enough.

Is it perfect? Nope, not even close. Are they in a pretty good spot right now? Yep. So live in the moment instead of trying to figure out what will happen in January. 

It's ridiculous to think they "choose" not to compete at times. If you know anything about human dynamics and what we've seen in their personalities, that's hardly the case. They want to win as badly as you want them to....it's just not as easy as you think it is.

Excellent post Deb. The mental aspect of the game escapes so many of us. Actually JT has opened up more about this and I think educated some fans in the process. 

It is worth mentioning that so many NHL vets on the down side of their careers will continue to play and in so doing mentor younger players. Giving back is how they put it. They remember when other vets did the same for them. I have no idea what Corey Perry is going thru but will credit him for signing with the Hawks to take on that mentorship role. As you so accurately put it there are many aspects that come into play.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well he better be practicing after that horrendous 2nd goal he allowed. What was he thinking there being that out of position. 

He ain't perfect. But he's close enough.

I wouldn't shed too much shade on him. He is the ultimate competitor and, in that moment, it maybe got the best of him. He's earned the right to be off on occasion. He's mostly been out of this world good.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I just can't understand the doomers this season. We're vastly improved in roster, systems and results but the incessant whining does not stop. Some posters even praised and defended that 2021 coach and are now criticizing 2023 coach. 

Must be fun at parties..

Screenshot_20231203-132354.png

Screenshot_20231203-132419.png

Screenshot_20231203-132447.png

Wow we were that close to beating the rags which would have made a 9 game win streak. Crazy!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yeah, I used to like Marky's intensity but he's a bit of a dick. I no longer am in his corner and hope he fails (miserably). 

Markstrom is easily thrown off his game because of his “combative” nature ..

it’s a constant ,  more western clubs are recognizing it because they play him more often.

Any crease scrums set him off .

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Marky still has a soft spot for me. He had a tough year as he lost his Dad and of course his game turned brutal on him. There was never any doubt in my mind that it was Demko to keep. My upset with Marky was he walked for free. The he took Tanev! Ok maybe my soft spot is misplaced! IMHO Demko is the better mechanical tender. Marky relies on getting fired up to play a great game. Not sure how far that takes him in CUP play. 

• Cheers 1