Canucks Announce Allvin Media Scrum At 1 AM For Noon Today

TheGuardian

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

All he would have to do is announce its location.

Im sure he’s been briefed on everything regarding it. You don’t need Rutherford there for such a basic announcement.

And then the media starts asking questions about the facility and Allvin's answers are centred around, "I don't know".  Doesn't come across as particularly professional to answer questions that way if you're tasked with breaking an announcement. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They said Bear would get done after Christmas and Hronek’s agent said there were no talks yet… so I’m really hoping this is Petey. 

A tidy 11x8 would be fabulous but maybe a little lower to get him past the harshest part of the OEL buyout?

10x3?  That would pucker some butts.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm betting Petey signing. Since he's been banged up again, he's probably thinking locking in now is better than risking it.

Yeah If he is hurting and hearing all the Bear talk and what happened to him and seeing the direction of the team and the Canucks offering a good price  (to expire same as Quinn)?

47 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And then the media starts asking questions about the facility and Allvin's answers are centred around, "I don't know".  Doesn't come across as particularly professional to answer questions that way if you're tasked with breaking an announcement. :classic_rolleyes:

Again he would be briefed on it. 😉

What in depth questions are the genius media gonna ask? Structural details?  😂

• Haha 2

My guess is a Petey extension. 

They wouldn’t preemptively call a presser for a trade. They come out the way they always come out. 

A doubt a Bear signing would garner a presser like this. 

Anything sponsorship, jersey, or practice facility related would come from JR as President and not the General Manager. 

8 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

It's obviously Pete's extension..They've been having meetings. If it were a trade it would have leaked already.

I mean the Zadorov and the Beau trade didn’t leak.

It is kind of interesting timing it right before practice.

Almost like they wanna get ahead of the inevitable questions if a player isn’t at practice. That or they could be setting up for post practice interviews if someone was extended.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Again he would be briefed on it. 😉

What in depth questions are the genius media gonna ask? Structural details?  😂

Since you're so convinced that Allvin would be the one to announce such an item, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  :classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Since you're so convinced that Allvin would be the one to announce such an item, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  :classic_laugh:

It was just a guess, probably not even what it is.

You’re the one that seems so convinced the GM couldn’t possibly make an announcement on something that directly relates to the operation of the team…😂

Canucks coffee: Allvin appeals to Pettersson to stay

Elliotte Friedman reported Saturday night that Canucks general manager Patrik Allvin met with Elias Pettersson during the team’s road trip to the western U.S. over American Thanksgiving.

It was a conversation about how Pettersson is feeling about his own play, about the team, and that Allvin is very keen to extend him.

That’s a narrative that is interesting to compare with something Friedman reported on the eve of the season.

“Since Pettersson came out and said ‘I’m not sure yet,’ I think the Canucks have also kind of indicated ‘you know what, we’re not sure either,’” Friedman observed on the Oct. 9 episode of the 32 Thoughts podcast. “Because if there’s any doubt that Pettersson wants to make a commitment, I’m not convinced that they want to make a commitment. So this will be a fascinating development.”

The Canucks certainly don’t seem ambivalent now, no matter what Pettersson’s state of mind might be. They want the player.

Cap value is a commodity itself

The biggest item in the Canucks moving Anthony Beauvillier was gaining cap space. Even before he was traded you knew that was the biggest asset attached to him: the Canucks wanted to use the $4.15 million in cap space he was taking up in a different way.

The Zadorov trade almost certainly is a similar story for Calgary.

The Canucks are no longer in LTIR. They can start to accrue cap space over the course of the season. They’re in sell mode and the longer they wait, the more cap space they’ll have if they want to bring in an expensive player as a favour to someone else.

They are in a position to weaponize their cap space.

The cap crunch

One way the Canucks hope to manage their way through the OEL cap-penalty escalation over the next three seasons: finding roles for Jonathan Lekkerimaki and Tom Willander. Both will be on ELCs and they really need both to be able to make the big jump quickly.

Plays like this will bring hope to the Canucks’ brass that Lekkerimaki, their 2022 first-rounder, is on course to be a contributor in a season or two.

pjohnston@postmedia.com

risingaction.bsky.social

https://apple.news/AR6h9ukVsSPOlCQenCSN4WA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1