[Proposal] Ovechkin Agrees to go to Vancouver

58 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, now, got you looking so let's have a chat about a VERY unrealistic scenario. This stemmed from (1) addition of Big Zeke and (2) a recent article I read about Kuz dragging down Ovi's numbers ... Source: the ever reliable RMNB (Click here for Article).

So, in the spirit of Christmas, let's look at a scenario:

To: Vancovuer

Alexander Ovechkin (Washington retains 50%)

To: Washington

Podz ... I really like Podz and think he could blossom into a solid power forward, just not on the level of Todd Bertuzzi in his prime (one of my favorite all time Canucks player, still have his jersey in my closet hanging along side of Bieksa, Kesler, Petterson and Naslund)

4th in 2024 (lesser of the two Canucks have)

5th in 2025

Garland

Who says no ... other than just about every single poster that comes here to flame me ... go ahead, it is a slow Sunday and I have my asbestos underwear on.

No, really have no interest in Putin's best buddy....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, now, got you looking so let's have a chat about a VERY unrealistic scenario. This stemmed from (1) addition of Big Zeke and (2) a recent article I read about Kuz dragging down Ovi's numbers ... Source: the ever reliable RMNB (Click here for Article).

So, in the spirit of Christmas, let's look at a scenario:

To: Vancovuer

Alexander Ovechkin (Washington retains 50%)

To: Washington

Podz ... I really like Podz and think he could blossom into a solid power forward, just not on the level of Todd Bertuzzi in his prime (one of my favorite all time Canucks player, still have his jersey in my closet hanging along side of Bieksa, Kesler, Petterson and Naslund)

4th in 2024 (lesser of the two Canucks have)

5th in 2025

Garland

Who says no ... other than just about every single poster that comes here to flame me ... go ahead, it is a slow Sunday and I have my asbestos underwear on.

Use a Proposal Tag you godless heathen!

• Haha 3

Anyone think if Pittsburgh decides to rebuild, that it could be possible to get Letang or Malkin? I’m asking since it looks like they’re a .500 team and maybe they give up on one last kick at the can with Crosby.  

Another question is, would either of them be worth it? I figure Crosby will be a Penguin for life, as much as I’d prefer him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Anyone think if Pittsburgh decides to rebuild, that it could be possible to get Letang or Malkin? I’m asking since it looks like they’re a .500 team and maybe they give up on one last kick at the can with Crosby.  

Another question is, would either of them be worth it? I figure Crosby will be a Penguin for life, as much as I’d prefer him.

Letang would be cool giving his friendship with the late Luc Bourdon.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Letang would be cool giving his friendship with the late Luc Bourdon.

I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder. Another cool aspect. 

Even with his age and history of health issues, he’s still a very good defenceman, but I’m wondering if he’d be worth acquiring. The cost probably wouldn’t be as much as it was when he was in his prime, but it’s still probably significant.

This is assuming Pittsburgh decides to rebuild of course.

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah he will play out 2-3 ? years in Washington. Very likely be the all time goal scoring leader by the end of his career.

But for the purposes of the proposed deal, to be frank it is nowhere near enough to acquire Ovechkin if he was to move. You are not getting that player for an up and coming soon to be NHL middle six a 4th and 5th round pick and Garland haha. You would have to be motivated to move higher end assets. 

Actually at his age that is a great deal.

If Ovi was 5 years younger then yes way more.As is no that would be a good deal for both sides.

Ovi has slowed down as is far from the 50 goal scorer that has maybe two years left in him.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd rather try for Crosby. He's at least still at over a point a game pace.

(23 games, 14G 11A 25 Points)

Ovechkin:

21 Games, 5G, 9A, 14 points

Kuz has 15 Points in 22 games. I haven't seen any games from Ovechkin but is he even the physical force he usually is?

Yup. OV is cooked. Gretzky will keep his goal record. OV is back in Russia next season. 

I'm probably the most disliked poster on the "RMNB" site for quite the timespan, all because I like ideas, and I always relate the truth, out and about Capitals Hockey and especially the GR8 Eight, OVI.

Been saying and of course personally wanting OVI moved to the New York Islanders Hockey Club, or ghastly some other Ice-Land that doesn't include the bruins, flyers, maple leafs and Blackhawks.

Why OVI has rooted himself and family in that cesspool of Demon-Cratic sanctuary sin sickness, I haven't not a clue. And never will, that's if I bother myself to even think about that stye.... To Vancouver?!! I'm more than down for it. Time to enjoy the gorgeous scenery! Amen!