11th Annual WJHC Pool

Theo5789

Easton Cowen is my first choice to replace Firkus.......

Second choice is Carson Rehkopf................

Gotta go out.......it's past the 8:00 a.m. time that I thought this was to start.

I am back so will make my selection after Gator.

Edited by Rick Blight

10 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Easton Cowen is my first choice to replace Firkus.......

Second choice is Carson Rehkopf................

Gotta go out.......it's past the 8:00 a.m. time that I thought this was to start.

Sorry was just having breakfast, yes it has begun. The players to replace in order are the following:

@Gator - Joakim Kemell

@Rick Blight - Jagger Firkus

@Master Mind - James Hagens

We will kick things off with @Gator. I won't set timers yet.

KUNGSBACKA, Sweden — Canada added defencemen Jorian Donovan and Ty Nelson to its roster for the world junior hockey championship Saturday after losing a couple of important members of the blue line.

They replace defencemen Tristan Luneau and Tanner Molendyk, who will not participate in the world juniors due to injury.

40 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

KUNGSBACKA, Sweden — Canada added defencemen Jorian Donovan and Ty Nelson to its roster for the world junior hockey championship Saturday after losing a couple of important members of the blue line.

They replace defencemen Tristan Luneau and Tanner Molendyk, who will not participate in the world juniors due to injury.

If this is confirmed, @Rick Blight may select a replacement now.

Thanks to @Optimist Prime for keeping up to date with the rosters!

Looks like the Doctor is IN, with Sapovaliv and Hamara making the cut.

Sale, I think was a later addition but happy to see him there too for Gator.

Kulich on the top line would be nice for Master Mind, and Adam Jiricek looks to be on the blueline too, whew.

https://eprinkside.com/2023/12/23/meet-the-team-czechias-roster-for-the-2024-world-juniors

image.thumb.png.565688bdb6f1e2d39e464e5772fccb73.png

• Cheers 1

Tony Romo's Slovakian top liner, Filip Mesar looks like he will be there!

Top Pairing D, Maxim Strbak too, for Relyt Krets!

Dalibor Dvorsky is sure to get PP time as he pivots the 2nd line for inane2.0

https://eprinkside.com/2023/12/24/meet-the-team-slovakias-roster-for-the-2024-world-juniors

image.thumb.png.502032a34f2df02c26f96e7f85b514bc.png

• Cheers 1

Tony Romo and inane2.0 both opted for Swiss Dmen: and they BOTH will be highlights of team Switzerland!

Three players to watch on Team Switzerland at 2024 WJC

Rodwin Dionicio, 😧 After not being selected in his first year of draft eligibility, Dionicio was selected in the fifth round of the 2023 NHL draft by Anaheim. A trade from Niagara to Windsor last season sparked interest amongst NHL scouts. After landing in Windsor, Dionicio put up 11 goals and 43 assists in the final 33 games of the OHL season. Since then, the 6-foot-2, 210-pound defenceman has been traded to Saginaw, where he will suit up for a Memorial Cup in May. Dionicio is masterful with the puck and is not afraid to make plays all over the ice.  

Daniil Ustinkov, 😧 Another highly rated prospect for the 2024 NHL draft, Ustinkov is a 6-foot, 200-pound left shot defenceman. In November, he received a B rating from NHL Central Scouting, projecting as a second or third round selection in June. He’s a complementary type who won’t dazzle you with his numbers, but he’s more than capable of moving pucks effectively.

• Cheers 1

The club I have the hardest time seeing who will play is Team USA. They are playing their cards very close to their chest. Currently all our USA guys are on the roster, but they will have to make cuts hours before the game on Boxing Day. I will keep a sharp eye on it and will try to be very fast with tagging people to make picks if they need to. 

https://thehockeynews.com/video/2024-world-juniors-preview-team-usa-pre-game-show-seg-2

EDIT: after listening to this USA Preview, I think my pick, Sam Rinzel, will be the only US player we picked that won't be on the ice. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Theo5789 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e5srqbWbwKoJQj2MalATTWjphvWna8HO9gepD5SnNZY/edit?usp=drivesdk

Spreadsheet updated. Let me know of any last minute re-picks before the first game of the tournament.

it doesn't look like my Yankee Dman will play tomorrow, but I will keep him, he is on the team, but likely a game time decision every game if they think they need 6'4" intimidation, lol. Hope so. 

Good luck everyone, cheers and Happy Hollies.

• Cheers 1