[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

_3 for Miller... Eek.  Time to have an line-up adjustment?  Hoglander to 2nd line and Kuzy back up first line and Laffy to third line?

Yah, I thought Lafferty was fighting the puck that period & a step-behind the play, instead of anticipating where the puck or the play was going.

Edited by viking mama

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well earlier in the year he was stopping amazing chances. That’s the big difference a we aren’t getting those saves. Not his fault but it’s a big reason we won so many games early on. 

He was playing absolutely unreal at the beginning of the year. But to expect that to continue all year long is unrealistic. Demko isn't playing bad, he just isn't playing god-like currently.

The team in front of him cannot be so relaxed in the d-zone, giving up grade A chances. It's not a recipe for success, and it's also not something to blame the goaltender on when he lets in a couple of the 10-15 grade A chances he faces a game.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see and not paying attention to context or other players on the ice.

I'm not even a Myers fan, really, but the blind hatred here is comical

Are you insinuating that he's not averaging over a goal a game against being his fault the last 7 games or so? 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm betting the coaches see it differently.  You never leave based on assumption.  The biggest issue was the two fwds just standing there watching.  That was the biggest issue on that play 

They're standing there because they are waiting for him to make an intelligent pass, not pass directly to the other teams best player. He had all day.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see and not paying attention to context or other players on the ice.

I don’t hate him, it’s just obvious how can he make such blunders to kill our chances 

7 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I've never seen a Dman tie a winger up at the hash marks, there's no reason to leave the front of the net to do that 

Toffoli was on the side of the net...  he drove to the net and Juulsen picked him up.  Hughes came in behind Toffoli. 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I know ... I'm just so frustrated by that play. I've seen it 100 times from him. Looks like a carbon copy every time. I don't understand why he isn't taught to be responsible with the puck.

95% of goals scored are the result of a series of plays, or misplays.  Rareky is it ever on one player.  Myers makes a bad pass, but two Canucks are standing there watching and zadorov is completely out of position.  

There's plenty of blame to go around on that goal 

Myers is actually having a pretty good season, but this board is full of people who need to lash out and he's the target.

Does he earn some of that?  Of course, but so does every player.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, Canucks fans have their favourite whipping boys and blame everything on them.  It's a lot easier then admitting that other players make mistakes.