[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, Devron said:

I knew I had a bad feeling about this one. Hard not to when we always lose to these guys. Never know though. I’ll stick around I’m not a bitch 

Only time I've turned the game off was that Montreal comeback win last year lol

Definitely thought about it tonight though. Sick of this embarrassing feeling that we still suck.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Defensive ratings so far...  

Hughes 6/10 

Hronek 7/10 

Myers 5/10 

Zadorov 6/10 

Juulsen 7/10 

Cole 6/10 

Demko has been average...  

Offensive ratings....  

Mikheyev 4/10 

Petey 4/10 

Lafferty 3/10 

JT Miller 4/10 

Kuzmenko 4/10 

Boeser 4/10 

Joshua 8/10 

Blueger 5/10 

Garland 6/10 

Karlsson 7/10 

Aman 7/10 

Hoglander 8/10 

JT a 4 when he scored on a PP? 🤨

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Only time I've turned the game off was that Montreal comeback win last year lol

Definitely thought about it tonight though. Sick of this embarrassing feeling that we still suck.

I actually watched that one in full and all my buddys turned it off like you. I told them to check the score in the morning 🤣

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

Looking back on how we played against Dallas and NYR I'm wondering what's happened. 

Soucy and Suter missing can't explain this. 

Just not nearly the aggressive team we were and we no longer are a possession team. Tocchet harps on dumbing down hockey and playing simple but chipping pucks out all the team always leads to losses. We have zero build up and have the most predictable entries. Send to winger a the blue, chip it in, chase with one guy and allow easy exits. Rinse. Repeat. 

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Petey looking to pass every time on the powerplay is tough to watch.  No killer instinct offensively 

He probably has a wrist issue. He took a few slashes a couple times quite a few games ago and since then his play, to me anyway, seems a bit sheltered. Likely an injury not healing effectively and just making do through it, imho

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux need to learn how to play different styles.  Team with size, team with speed etc.

They can't keep up with NJ speed. 

Well the bigger question about the Canucks is, what are they? I am still struggling to understand what they are. They are definitely inconsistent.

i just thought they would be motivated to play well and beat these elite teams and it hasn’t even been close.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82