[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

6 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Thats bullshit

The team is fucking bad and play like losers the whole 40 minutes.

The fuck are you talking about? Despite how bad we've played, we've had our chances. Miller post. Kuzy's and Boeser's chances. NJD buried their chances in the same areas.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

we go as pettey goes and pettey just isn't himself still sigh.

Pretty much that in a nutshell.  We're a one line team these past 2 or 3 weeks... that's why we're playing like a .500 team.  If Petey is playing well, it changes the dynamic of this team completely.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Defensive ratings so far...  

Hughes 6/10 

Hronek 7/10 

Myers 5/10 

Zadorov 6/10 

Juulsen 7/10 

Cole 6/10 

Demko has been average...  

Offensive ratings....  

Mikheyev 4/10 

Petey 4/10 

Lafferty 3/10 

JT Miller 4/10 

Kuzmenko 4/10 

Boeser 4/10 

Joshua 8/10 

Blueger 5/10 

Garland 6/10 

Karlsson 7/10 

Aman 7/10 

Hoglander 8/10 

Basically all crap minus a few.

Our big boys not showing up. 

JT, EP, QH, BB, Demko. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Only time I've turned the game off was that Montreal comeback win last year lol

Definitely thought about it tonight though. Sick of this embarrassing feeling that we still suck.

Do what I'm gonna do. Record it and just fall to sleep watching this garbage. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

He probably has a wrist issue. He took a few slashes a couple times quite a few games ago and since then his play, to me anyway, seems a bit sheltered. Likely an injury not healing effectively and just making do through it, imho

Yeah I noticed his left wrist is taped up

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Even through the worst of the Willie years I never turned it off, last year apathy had really set in for me tbh. Definitely picked the wrong time tho lol

It was wearing on a guy I get it.

Im frustrated with this game tonight and know we’ve been a .500 Hockey club for a little while but I know we are a better team this year. I think it’s gonna come down to the wire to make the playoffs and I’m ok with that. One step at a time. Light years better then previous years 

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Ummm?? Your name checks out... but come on man. This team has not shown any comeback resilience this year whatsoever. If they don't come out swinging 15% of the time then they're on the ropes the other 85%

In my defense, that last goal came as I was hitting send, 🤣 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

So, would Chicago accept Petey in a trade for Bedard?

Our best bet is we start the timer for him to become a UFA...

If only he went the college route. He'd be a UFA is 4 years.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the bigger question about the Canucks is, what are they? I am still struggling to say what they are. They are definitely inconsistent. 

Rising team trying to get into the playoffs. 

Consistency is hard.  Tocchet been saying that since day 1.  Players said it too, be even keel.  Harder to do.  

5 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Looking back on how we played against Dallas and NYR I'm wondering what's happened. 

Soucy and Suter missing can't explain this. 

They just came back to the mean.  Great starts and big fallbacks are pretty common.  I think we should just be happy to watch that good hockey in October, it was a real treat.

Clearly all the same issues are there because the core is the same.  

In the midst of this team playing uninspiring .500 hockey over the past 10 games, #40 is practically doing nothing.

Whether it's physical or mental Petey is not 100% and when he's not the usual dominant self, this team goes nowhere.

We've been able to keep the 3rd spot in the division only because the other Pacific teams like SEA, CGY and EDM are still struggling. If one of them gets really hot down the stretch our playoffs hope may not be so safe as it looks now.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Just not nearly the aggressive team we were and we no longer are a possession team. Tocchet harps on dumbing down hockey and playing simple but chipping pucks out all the team always leads to losses. We have zero build up and have the most predictable entries. Send to winger a the blue, chip it in, chase with one guy and allow easy exits. Rinse. Repeat. 

It's amazing how infrequently the canucks even try to enter the zone with possession. 

I'm having Travis Green flashbacks big time. I guess he just has that kind of control when he's in our building still.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Rising team trying to get into the playoffs. 

Consistency is hard.  Tocchet been saying that since day 1.  Players said it too, be even keel.  Harder to do.  

Tocchet says a lot of things, but he needs to be doing things a little more.  Lots of talk, but the team keeps playing the same way.

8 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Petey looking to pass every time on the powerplay is tough to watch.  No killer instinct offensively 

Hardly.

If Petey could see some net he would shoot. Lanes are blocked. Teams expect him to shoot so they cheat towards him. And unless you want that classic Edler shot into a shinpad and puck flying out the zone you pass the puck.

Edited by Juice

My prediction: Canucks will be hovering around .500 for the next month or so ... then Petey will get his game back like he usually does every season.  The Canucks finish the season playing .650 hockey and coast into a playoff spot.

• Haha 1