[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, stawns said:

Well, the core is the consistent factor over the last 3 years, no?  And the same issues are still there 

Two coaches

Two management groups

Revolving door of support players 

Same core

Same result

With all due respect, it's a different result so far. 16-9-1 is a marked improvement over last few years. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

I hear ya Darius. Some folks just want to be miserable and recruit others into it in an attempt to validate themselves or their astute observations. 

Why is being objective being "miserable"?  Isn't this the same on ice product we've seen for three years now?  Why is it bad to talk about what's happening and how they might actually try to fix it?  

Is t that the point of a discussion board?

3 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

This.. peteys been invisible.  Call him the zamboni.  He always cleaning the ice with his uniform.

Still say he's injured.   he should sit out and so he gets better - quicker!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Well, the core is the consistent factor over the last 3 years, no?  And the same issues are still there 

Two coaches

Two management groups

Revolving door of support players 

Same core

Same result

So you think our D was good up till this year?  Probably one legit top 4 d man?  Come on.  You think Miller 2nd leading scoring in the NHL not good?  Hughes?  BB with 18 goals...i know you used to like Virtanen more than him lol  

• Cheers 1

Disagree with the line shuffling Tocchet is doing.

Kuzmenko and Pettersson are in a slump... both should be together.  Tocchet has done everything but put them back together.

Also Mikheyev should be on the Pettersson line.

These guys complement each other's style.... they all pass well, they understand the intricate type plays, crisscrossing, etc.

Pettersson is now playing with the Lumberjack corps.... wrong style for him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I hear ya Darius. Some folks just want to be miserable and recruit others into it in an attempt to validate themselves or their astute observations. 

I think people see holes and see that filling those holes is going to be difficult without having a lot of  prospects or assets to do that. That’s what concerns people. We don’t really have a lot to give up in trades to acquire those missing pieces.

• Huggy Bear 1