[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

35 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

It definitely helps him with his puck handling (especially his very tight turns) but I think he has enough skill to still be able to handle the puck with a slightly longer stick. I suspect the main factor behind his choice of stick length is his regular size disadvantage in battles for the puck. When digging for pucks, a shorter, stiffer stick would help mitigate a strength disadvantage against a larger opponent with a more flexible stick.

I agree that the short stick is a detriment to other parts of his game. For example, he has an absolute muffin of a shot in part because he can’t utilize the flex/whip in his short stick. I imagine he has done his own analysis and determined that he is a more effective player when he can win pucks regularly rather than snipe the occasional goal.

Same reason many players choke up on the stick for face offs. Better to win the puck. 

Garland, with all his years , coach’s and peers has figured out what’s best for him.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You know that's a legendary pedal that can get very, very heavy right?

Yeah I’m a guitar player - it’s a heavy fuzz/distortion pedal from the late 60’s used by millions most notably David Gilmour and apparently Hendrix as well…  

scroll back… Someone described Garlands shot as a ‘’MUFF of a shot” 

so I thought it would be cleaver of me to copy and paste the ‘little big muff’ 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah scroll back… Someone described Garlands shot as a ‘’MUFF of a shot” 

so I thought it would be cleaver of me to copy and past the ‘little big muff’ 

I see the joke and apologize if I ruined it.  Couldn't help but comment though - guitar players are like that when it comes to pedals.

1 hour ago, tas said:

I haven't measured it personally, but if you watch him, say, after the whistle is blown and he relaxes and just sort of holds his stick parallel to the ice (you know, like how a human would passively hold a hockey stick), his bottom (right) hand is almost where the blade meets the shaft. really low on the stick. 

You are saying so much, including the guys specific preferences and skill requirements according to height/stick length,  but don’t actually have any real info or knowledge on Garland. 
And so many posts about it.  
Come on homie. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. But for whatever reason (clearly the Benning effect) we have lost 14/15 against the Devils. Alf’s empties are not predicting the result we want. Alf must make new empties! 

Thats what happen when you drink cheep stuff.Unpredictable result.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

You are saying so much, including the guys specific preferences and skill requirements according to height/stick length,  but don’t actually have any real info or knowledge on Garland. 
And so many posts about it.  
Come on homie. 

did you see the pictures I posted? believe me, believe your eyes, believe what you want, I don't care. 

I feel like I've been waiting for a Canucks games for 7 months... I'm ready for the puck to drop already. Love hughes and his bros but im already sick of hearing about the match up. 

And its about darn time our boy gets the W!! Let's go Canucks 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Imagine being a parent of 3 kids in the NHL Let alone playing in the same game.I have 3 kids who aren’t but I love em with al my heart.

GO CANUCKS!!!!

That Fam already is hockey history and royalty.

Not only are the bros in the big show....they are superstars.

• Cheers 2