[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am really looking forward to this. I cannot remember 3 brothers ever playing in the NHL other than the Sutters. The Hughes boys play at such a high level. In the Calgary game Quinn trapped a bouncing puck on the blue line and it honestly looked like he had it on a string. We hear that saying off and on but honestly my mouth dropped open on that play. I have to dig out my old Orr tapes and rewatch because Quinn is pushing the Orr legend. He doesn't have the CUPs yet but he will.  

Mark, Jordan and Eric Staal

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Well, this is interesting ... the Devils look like a team we should beat ... at least beatable from their place in the standings ... yet we always seem to have a tough time with them ... so I'm expecting a tight game. Also the Hughes factor will make it all the more competitive. 

We'll need to be better. A good opportunity to raise our game to where it needs to be. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Peter "the Great" Stastny

Anton Stastny

Marion Stastny 

All three played for the Quebec Nordiques way back when. There was a reason they added the moniker "the Great" to Peter ... he was a phenomenal player. 

Second that, I remember as  Peter played for Czechoslovakia national team. Great player, and a very smart person, former member of Euro parlament 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Peter "the Great" Stastny

Anton Stastny

Marion Stastny 

All three played for the Quebec Nordiques way back when. There was a reason they added the moniker "the Great" to Peter ... he was a phenomenal player. Was a while ago, but I remeber them playing on the same line together. 

I've got the Stastny's rookie cards. Peter was a great player.

Another neat triple was Gordie Howe and his two sons Mark and Marty playing for the Whalers.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, this is interesting ... the Devils look like a team we should beat ... at least beatable from their place in the standings ... yet we always seem to have a tough time with them ... so I'm expecting a tight game. Also the Hughes factor will make it all the more competitive. 

We'll need to be better. A good opportunity to raise our game to where it needs to be. 

The big question is why do we have trouble with them? Is it because we always overlook them? We've only beaten them once in the last 10 seasons. 

We need to have a great start like we did against the Flames, stay out of the box, get on a winning streak. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

People are really underestimating the damage Green is doing to their team.  Should be able to take care of them fairly easily with that idiot in their room.

"It's a good team over there."