[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The big question is why do we have trouble with them? Is it because we always overlook them? We've only beaten them once in the last 10 seasons. 

We need to have a great start like we did against the Flames, stay out of the box, get on a winning streak. 

I always think of eastern teams playing with more of an organic edge that's also inherent in the cultures on the east and east coast. Especially in NJ ... you can't be west coast chill in NJ. Lol ... you gotta be amped up, jacked up, loud, etc.

Same with Philly, Boston, etc ... everyone's amped up, bigger attitude, with an edge.

Who knows for sure ... It may be a different state of ready. 

Agree with you, though, we've gotta bring it and be disciplined. Match their edge.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Peter "the Great" Stastny

Anton Stastny

Marion Stastny 

All three played for the Quebec Nordiques way back when. There was a reason they added the moniker "the Great" to Peter ... he was a phenomenal player. Was a while ago, but I remeber them playing on the same line together. 

Phenomenal. All 3 were a treat to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Phenomenal. All 3 were a treat to watch.

Anton and Marion were almost a point-a-game players, sadly Marion played the least. Peter Stastny had the longest career and was well above a point a game. Very fun line to watch when they were clicking. 

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Anton and Marion were almost a point-a-game players, sadly Marion played the least. Peter Stastny had the longest career and was well above a point a game. Very fun line to watch when they were clicking. 

Yeah I remember Peter as one of my favorite players. He was so good but I also thought Anton and Marion were severely under-rated. Whatever happened to Marion that he quit 4 years earlier then the other two... he was 6 years older but still only 33. It's a mystery. Oh no wait I see now. He got traded to the Leafs. I would quit too. 😄 Both Anton and Peter defected from Slovakia in 1980 and Marion joined them in 1981. They were the third set of brothers to play on the same professional sports team after the Bentley's with the Blackhawks, and the Plager's with the Blues. Yan and Paul are both Peter's sons. 

Oh man, was hockey ever great back then. I loved the 80's for hockey. Absolutely loved watching them as a line.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Jeff Paterson is just ridiculous with his love of hyperbole. Recently published an article for CanucksArmy regarding the penalty kill in crisis? Really Jeff? 

I had exactly the same reaction. One thing I liked about Canucks Army was avoiding sensationalist headlines. Losing Faber and adding Paterson is a big negative for Canucks Army.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1