[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

And good morning to you too.  I'm not denying there have been many losses  to NJ.  I'm just trying to remain positive and express my trust in this year's Canucks.

lol I’m just teasing. Hoping we turn the tide tonight. It is low-key a scary stat tho 😅

Edited by John.Tallhouse

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

If there wasn't a Gretzky or Mario, Stastny and Hawerchuk would be considered generational talents instead of just great hockey players (from the 80's).   Bossy of course is.   They had to face the still mighty Habs.   And like the little brother that grows up bigger then his older brothers, creating a pretty great rivalry, one of the best ever.  

Folks talk about Salming (RIP) becoming the first great Euro player, and some of Mogilny's story, the Stastny's defection from the USSR is a level up when it comes to subterfuge, risk of jail and worse, and the risks of harm against their family back home.    So far, they've set the bar pretty high for 3 brothers.     Looks like the Hughes brothers will surpass it. 

GIF by hamlet

Yeah that was some serious subterfuge. Great word! The Nordiques were my second team. Michel Goulet, Normand Rochefort, Wilf Paiement, Alain Cote, good old Randy Moller, Mario Marois, Basil McRae (sure could use him on Canucks 😀), and the legendary Dale Hunter. Also simply awesome goalies, Dan Bouchard, Clint (skate blade) Malarchuk, and the greatest of all time:

image.png.5c1d68141bcfeb484ac578257c012539.png image.png.719bf034722357bed7a6730dfb4fcd52.png image.png.599ddc25f388924a7eaa9a660626c13c.pngimage.png.e67c6ddf1a9a4e8fd892e0d773e6b745.png

What a team. Also, yes Bossy is criminally underrated, same with Hawerchuk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

GIF by hamlet

Yeah that was some serious subterfuge. Great word! The Nordiques were my second team. Michel Goulet, Normand Rochefort, Wilf Paiement, Alain Cote, good old Randy Moller, Mario Marois, Basil McRae (sure could use him on Canucks 😀), and the legendary Dale Hunter. Also simply awesome goalies, Dan Bouchard, Clint (skate blade) Malarchuk, and the greatest of all time:

image.png.5c1d68141bcfeb484ac578257c012539.png image.png.719bf034722357bed7a6730dfb4fcd52.png image.png.599ddc25f388924a7eaa9a660626c13c.pngimage.png.e67c6ddf1a9a4e8fd892e0d773e6b745.png

What a team. Also, yes Bossy is criminally underrated, same with Hawerchuk.

Stastny's legitimized the Nords.   Goulet was awesome.   All those guys bring me back.   Hunter too.  They had a very complete lineup.   The line brawls they'd have are infamous.   Famous really.   The sport hasn't seen anything like it since.   

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I am really looking forward to this. I cannot remember 3 brothers ever playing in the NHL other than the Sutters. The Hughes boys play at such a high level. In the Calgary game Quinn trapped a bouncing puck on the blue line and it honestly looked like he had it on a string. We hear that saying off and on but honestly my mouth dropped open on that play. I have to dig out my old Orr tapes and rewatch because Quinn is pushing the Orr legend. He doesn't have the CUPs yet but he will.  

I'll take the Esposito brothers at their peaks vs any three (or more) brothers.🙂

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s almost like we were a bottom placed team or something…🤔

To be fair, since both Quin and Jack Hughes entered the league, as bad as we were, we finished ahead of the Devils in the standings in 3 out of the past 4 seasons. It really was just McKenzie Blackwood owning us. Obviously, the one year Devils finished ahead of us, they were a bonafide wagon that and was one of the top teams in the league. We will see how this one goes.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'll take the Esposito brothers at their peaks vs any three (or more) brothers.🙂

The Hulls were awfully good too.   That said the best brother duo still might be Wayne and Keith lol. And well of course our very own Twins. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1