[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Really starting to think our hot start to the season was just that....a hot start, and not indicative of where we actually stand in relation to the rest of the league. It was fool's gold.

The past two or so weeks represent where this team actually stands. 

Sadly beginning to think that too.

In the start they were playing with alot more jam, and converting more. Breaks going against us & we haven't met the challenge.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

Demko needs some rest. He's been showing a lot of signs of being overplayed the last couple games. The loses aren't his fault, but I think he needs some rest.

He's right in line with other starting goalies in that 17-20 games played range and we are playing a bunch of home games. This team gets a lot of excuses for playing bad.

I’m getting another bowl of ice cream,…this has been a very frustrating period of unsuccessful chances & broken plays. 

It’s hard to imagine where they go from here. 

Rough-up a Hughes kid…to see if this  Devils team becomes undone? What did San Jose do? 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Give me a break you make your

own breaks. I am tired of hearing how it’s not going our own way. You want to win come out and play like a great team. They did the exact opposite. 

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Embarrassing 

This team has fallen back to its old ways

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1..Seems to be trending..Think I've seen that before.

yes to all of this

12 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

A good left d who has played right d is a lot better than what we see

I agree but apparently I'm a dimwit when it comes to hockey.

I think I'm going to go check out the prospects thread. This is too annoying for me today. lol I was all excited for a good game but it's not looking good.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, what a shitty game.  Thought they would be pumped to play New Jersey.  This game is a stinker.  Good night…

I feel this is the same story everytime we play the Devils. Then again we haven't been playing great lately no matter who we play. 

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Really starting to think our hot start to the season was just that....a hot start, and not indicative of where we actually stand in relation to the rest of the league. It was fool's gold.

The past two or so weeks represent where this team actually stands. 

Unfortunately it happens when your top 6 is invisible. Mik/Kuz/Petey have not been good enough, and we don't even have a 6th top 6. Miller/Boeser have been alright.