[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They need another top 6 forward who scores consistently. Mik and Kuz aren’t it.

agree with you.  

I think Mik was originally brought in as more of a third liner.  good speed, good checking ability...not a top player imho

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

I'm sorry, but that core is out of excuses.  It's been a revolving door of support and nothing changes.  It might not be any individual player, but just a bad mix.  I don't see a lot of cohesion or comradery on this team.

lol so blame the guys that are amongst the NHL leaders ...all of them are amongst the leaders not just one. its the supporting cast thats the issue.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

agree with you.  

I think Mik was originally brought in as more of a third liner.  good speed, good checking ability...not a top player imho

Getting a contract for 4.75M he was definitely brought in to play on the 2nd line. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Who is the core?

BB leads the NHL in goals

Miller 2nd in NHL scoring

Hughes...do you really want the stats

EP ... ok ill concede hes quiet right now but still top 10 is he not?

What else do you want from a core? for them to be 1,2,3,4 in NHL scoring? they practically were up till last week.

They need a shutdown 3c, a couple D men need to be upgrade. 

I hear ya Darius. Some folks just want to be miserable and recruit others into it in an attempt to validate themselves or their astute observations. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Darius said:

lol so blame the guys that are amongst the NHL leaders ...all of them are amongst the leaders not just one. its the supporting cast thats the issue.

Well, the core is the consistent factor over the last 3 years, no?  And the same issues are still there 

Two coaches

Two management groups

Revolving door of support players 

Same core

Same result

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Ok but after Hughes, Boes, Miller and at the beginning Petey, the scoring drops off which means we are missing two top 6 forwards right now. That’s a lot of pressure on those three forwards. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82