[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

lol so blame the guys that are amongst the NHL leaders ...all of them are amongst the leaders not just one. its the supporting cast thats the issue.

Who gives a shit.... Losing 4-2 but our top guys get 2 pts each n the powerplay doesn't mean they are amazing.

And no, the supporting cast is some of the issue, but right now those supporting guys seem to be the only ones busting their asses. Most of them anyways

Just now, Darius said:

So you think our D was good up till this year?  Probably one legit top 4 d man?  Come on.  You think Miller 2nd leading scoring in the NHL not good?  Hughes?  BB with 18 goals...i know you used to like Virtanen more than him lol  

They are the product of a hot start and some blowout games.  Tonight is the first game in 6 that miller has scored.  

I'll repeat what I said, it might not come down to individuals, but just not a good mix of core guys.

Are you actually happy with their play outside of the first 10 or 12 games?  Don't you think this is the same style they've been playing for three years?

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why is being objective being "miserable"?  Isn't this the same on ice product we've seen for three years now?  Why is it bad to talk about what's happening and how they might actually try to fix it?  

Is t that the point of a discussion board?

It’s not the same on ice product. 
Different personnel in mgmt, behind the bench and 60% of roster turned over.  Tell me when we’ve had players performing at this clip in recent memory.

I think you’re just lumping a bunch of insecurities together without realizing or giving credence to the fact that teams have good and bad stretches, all teams, and in that time certain players play like shit or systems just don’t work. 

fact is we’re generating chances and unfortunately not capitalizing when we have to. Shit happens. This club has been quite good for stretches too. 
You’ve been here for those as well in recent memory and celebrated them, which in turn proves your point hypocritical. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Who gives a shit.... Losing 4-2 but our top guys get 2 pts each n the powerplay doesn't mean they are amazing.

And no, the supporting cast is some of the issue, but right now those supporting guys seem to be the only ones busting their asses. Most of them anyways

You watch how you talk about the Western conf Champs!

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He plays the right way - strong on the boards; protects the puck, draws penalties 

He is in the lineup because Tocc is out of ideas. 

He's praying that sitting players and shuffling will somehow snap guys out of whatever funk they're in

Edited by JayDangles

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think people see holes and see that filling those holes is going to be difficult without having a lot of  prospects or assets to do that. That’s what concerns people. We don’t really have a lot to give up in trades to acquire those missing pieces.

We have way more than we’ve had in recent years to do what you are saying needs to be done.