[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

He does not have a great shot

perhaps his biggest issue is that he may have the weakest shot in the nhl. he uses a tiny toothpick of a stick (you'd think a short guy would use a longer stick to try to level the playing field somewhat, but his is short even relative to his height) that looks like it was designed for elementary school floor hockey. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

perhaps his biggest issue is that he may have the weakest shot in the nhl. he uses a tiny toothpick of a stick (you'd think a short guy would use a longer stick to try to level the playing field somewhat, but his is short even relative to his height) that looks like it was designed for elementary school floor hockey. 

Garland's strength is his stick handling, not his shot, and for that he requires a shorter stick.

Ever see Myers try to stick handle in a phone booth. It's not pretty.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

Interesting, they weren’t scheduled to wear them tonight. Next game was supposed to be Dec 12 vs the lightning. Becoming a vibe 

Aquilini has gotta realize fans like them way more by now right?

Id imagine the jersey sales tell them that.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

The Hulls were awfully good too.   That said the best brother duo still might be Wayne and Keith lol. And well of course our very own Twins. 

You reminded me of how I overlooked the accomplishments of the HHOFer twins.  I'll do my penance by saying 10 Hail Mary's & curse the soul of Brad Marchand 

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Garland's strength is his stick handling, not his shot, and for that he requires a shorter stick.

Ever see Myers try to stick handle in a phone booth. It's not pretty.  

and yet petey uses a long stick and could most likely out-dangle garland all day. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

His production based on his ice time actually isnt bad, Lafferty's is better though. Garland is likely moved in the offseason with the cap going up. 

I’d love a second for Garland since we don’t have one, but more likely a third coming back.

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I’d love a second for Garland since we don’t have one, but more likely a third coming back.

I doubt any team will want to pick him up for the POs but one can hope. He might be a good second line replacement for a team that has an LTI or a contractual issue (Perry). Getting a second back along with no retention would be dreamland...

57 minutes ago, tas said:

and yet petey uses a long stick and could most likely out-dangle garland all day. 

Elias Pettersson is 4 inches taller with a corresponding larger arm span. At 6’2” he’s obviously going to be comfortable with a longer stick than Conor Garland’s. A difference in height and reach changes everything. 

Anyways, EP could out stick handle  most of the league when he’s on his game, Garland included.
Garland is good in the tight spots, along the boards and able to duck under and/or around many of the taller players. 

He sure worked his stick well on this goal…

• Upvote 1