[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

I'd pay a 1st to dump Myers that loss is all on him. BRUTAL turn overs in key moments THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN there's abouslety no excuse to have 47 and 57 in the line up next game my 3 blind legged dog could play better fucking defense than Myers at least he wouldn't give the other Team the puck

Just now, Billabong said:

A complete defensive disaster 

hughes

hronek 

cole

myers

zadorov 

Juulsen 

all made huge mistakes tonight and it cost us 6 avoidable goals 

Juulsen?  

1st goal: Hughes & Hronek allowed it after giving up multiple 2 on 1s

2nd goal: Myers & Zadorov ...  Myers loses the puck, Zadorov is way out of position 

3rd goal: Cole & Juulsen ... Juulsen takes Toffoli while Jack Hughes is completely open and Cole and Blueger are late coming into the picture 

4th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

5th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

I agree that 5 out of 6 players made mistakes today, but Juulsen wasn't one of them.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dom said:

Hughes-Bear

Zadorov-Hronek

Soucy-Cole

Fire Myers into the sun. 

Bear can't be worse than Myers I guess but the dude is a sub par number 6 defenceman who hasn't even had a proper training camp. 

Not sure how much of an upgrade he would even be for our defence. 

Just now, AatuD2 said:

Juulsen?  

1st goal: Hughes & Hronek allowed it after giving up multiple 2 on 1s

2nd goal: Myers & Zadorov ...  Myers loses the puck, Zadorov is way out of position 

3rd goal: Cole & Juulsen ... Juulsen takes Toffoli while Jack Hughes is completely open and Cole and Blueger are late coming into the picture 

4th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

5th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

I agree that 5 out of 6 players made mistakes today, but Juulsen wasn't one of them.  

6th goal, hronek completely out of position

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

It's really just Myers. He's bottom of the barrel IQ in this league.

Myers and Zadorov are both prone to dumb plays, like that pass by Zadorov right in front of Demko.  

I think you gotta split them up or else play them against the other team's bottom 2 lines. 

4 minutes ago, Billabong said:

A complete defensive disaster 

hughes

hronek 

cole

myers

zadorov 

Juulsen 

all made huge mistakes tonight and it cost us 6 avoidable goals 

Hence it was a team loss.

No need scapegoat a player or goalie.  

Hope the team rebounds and win the next game v Wild

2 minutes ago, Reznor said:

Wow... some of you are damm quick to jump off the bandwagon. Despite Myers trying to gift them a win, I thought it was an average game against a pretty talented NJ squad.

Loved how they battled back. Unfortunately, battling back is against the odds. While they do it better than most, they really need to turn it up a notch through 60.

I think people are just tired of an average team. We've been average since 2012.

Its even more frustrating when the guys showed they can play above average, but now they just aren't. 

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Did he score?  

Nope but that’s what they were referring too. Kept the momentum in favour of New Jersey though. All the defence sucked tonight but we just see this stuff from Myers every second game minimum. He’s an easy target but he deserves everything he gets. He doesn’t make light mistakes. He’s frequently lost us games.

This is a better team without him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HuggyCareBear said:

Bear can't be worse than Myers I guess but the dude is a sub par number 6 defenceman who hasn't even had a proper training camp. 

Not sure how much of an upgrade he would even be for our defence. 

Hughes-Bear played as well last year as Hughes-Hronek have so far this year. Huge upgrade IMO.