[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I cannot tolerate the number of very pivotal goals that go in when this player is defending. He cannot handle pressure. It scrambles the connection in his brain.

Panic…instead of textbook. 

I don’t believe there is any possible upside to this player, anymore. He is what he is. 

I actually believed he was going to have a good year, because it is his contract year. 

But no. He was so bad to begin with it became news in the media and among us fans. The guy calmed down for about 10 games, and then back at it again, over the past few games. Like you said, there's some major disconnect in his ability to think on his skates, so to speak. 

EVERY player makes mistakes. Even Hischier threw one right up the middle in the first. 

But when Myers screws up, it's glaring. And to think, one or more of these coaches think putting him together with Zadorov is a good idea, are definitely stoned. 

And I like our coaches. But those too, are dumb-ass decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Team still needs a top 4 D. can’t rely on Hughes/Hronek so much without wearing them out. 

Might have to wait till the offseason unless they can deal Myers and find a trade during the year. 

Have soucy but hes hurt.

Just now, Devron said:

Nope but that’s what they were referring too. Kept the momentum in favour of New Jersey though. All the defence sucked tonight but we just see this stuff from Myers every second game minimum. He’s an easy target but he deserves everything he gets. He doesn’t make light mistakes. He’s frequently lost us games.

This is a better team without him 

How many goals was he on for tonight?

2 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Demko cost is this game.  Not good enough 

Be nice if he had coverage infront of the net the only goals you could argue where his fault were 1 and 5, 1 was still a odd man rush after making 2 key saves 5th one was rough admittedly you can't have coverage like you did by #57 tonight and expect to win

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Myers is not an NHL player, he should be on waivers tomorrow!!!

Demko has been shaky for a couple of games now, he needs a break. 

this team played scared for the last 3mins... most infuriating loss of the season so far.

He’s an NHL player but not a top 4 and shouldn’t be out to close a game during a 1 goal lead or tie. 

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Juulsen?  

1st goal: Hughes & Hronek allowed it after giving up multiple 2 on 1s

2nd goal: Myers & Zadorov ...  Myers loses the puck, Zadorov is way out of position 

3rd goal: Cole & Juulsen ... Juulsen takes Toffoli while Jack Hughes is completely open and Cole and Blueger are late coming into the picture 

4th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

5th goal: Hughes & Hronek are on the ice 

I agree that 5 out of 6 players made mistakes today, but Juulsen wasn't one of them.  

I said Juulsen was our 2nd best Dman tonight... but he might have actually been our best. Hughes added offense of course, but as far defending Juulsen might have been the best

Just now, coolboarder said:

My hope for Myers to go on a little run with streak, maybe 3 or 4 points then get him out of here that teams thinks he's better than he really is.  He does have strength but with today's game, you need to make decision quicker.   

Again, how many goals was Myers on for?

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

LOL this group hasn't been together for years.

Petey, miller, Boeser, Hughes, Demko. That’s the biggest part of your lineup and they have been here for years. Petey was awful tonight. Defensively they have been awful the last ten games. They have been here for years. Being mediocre has been this groups calling card. I don’t want to hear about them learning lessons. At this rate they will be talking about learning lessons into their 40’s.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Tank 1

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’m pretty tired of Myers on anything outside of a sheltered third pair

that was a tough loss man not even to get a point after that

I would have loved to see OT in this game, to decide it.  I would have been satisfied even with just a single point after all of that.

But, it’s often the defensemen screwing the pooch on easy give-always, failed clearances or pick-ups. 

Edited by viking mama

They should've won this game, but couldn't get out of their own way. Defensive blunders galore, refusing to put pucks on net for 50 mins.

Hronek made some really bad mistakes. Myers was atrocious all night. Kuzmenko is simply not a fit on this team. Hoglander needs a top 6 role going forward.

Myers out for Friedman next game imo. Need to explore trade options for a real impact winger. 

• Cheers 2