[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, stawns said:

How many goals was he on for tonight?

I don’t care about tonight. It’s one game. Yes he did make mistakes tonight too. Probably not the worst ones. But when I look at the season I can see the games he’s cost us. Myers is the worst 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

We've slipped to 6th place overall with the next 6 teams behind us all having games in hand and able to pass us.    The way things are going we'll be in 12th spot by the weekend after being in 2nd/3rd most of the season.

Slowly sinking game by game......hope Tock-It can find a fix!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey, miller, Boeser, Hughes, Demko. That’s the biggest part of your lineup and they have been here for years. Petey was awful tonight. Defensively they have been awful the last ten games. They have been here for years. Being mediocre has been this groups calling card.

Go watch QH post game interview and listen to what the reporters ask about the D this game and so far this year. And listen to QH’s response. Maybe you’ll learn something. This team, and especially the D, is nowhere near the garbage status you keep drumming up. They’re in playoff contention at this time, and yet you’re still bemoaning the club. Must be fucking miserable. 

I just don’t understand what you get out of the constant negativity. 
do you even know?

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Myers and Zadorov are both prone to dumb plays, like that pass by Zadorov right in front of Demko.  

I think you gotta split them up or else play them against the other team's bottom 2 lines. 

I'd have to go back but I think Myers blocked that Zadorov pass up the middle. 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I don’t care about tonight. It’s one game. Yes he did make mistakes tonight too. Probably not the worst ones. But when I look at the season I can see the games he’s cost us. Myers is the worst 

Yet tocchet has a lot of trust in him, praises him a lot.  Could it be possible that he's just the scapegoat in a long line of scapegoats for a fanbase who doesn't actually know much about hockey?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Be nice if he had coverage infront of the net the only goals you could argue where his fault were 1 and 5, 1 was still a odd man rush after making 2 key saves 5th one was rough admittedly you can't have coverage like you did by #57 tonight and expect to win

4 goals on 8 shots. He stunk

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's laughable to try to deflect from Myers. Just ridiculous.

Isn't it though?

It's like saying the Hughes brothers aren't good at skating and we all just don't understand hockey. It's annoying to even have to argue something so ignorant.

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I actually believed he was going to have a good year, because it is his contract year. 

But no. He was so bad to begin with it became news in the media and among us fans. The guy calmed down for about 10 games, and then back at it again, over the past few games. Like you said, there's some major disconnect in his ability to think on his skates, so to speak. 

EVERY player makes mistakes. Even Hischier threw one right up the middle in the first. 

But when Myers screws up, it's glaring. And to think, one or more of these coaches think putting him together with Zadorov is a good idea, are definitely stoned. 

And I like our coaches. But those too, are dumb-ass decisions. 

Myers was a +|- of zero. Kuz was -3.  Hronek and Cole were -1. He didn’t have a great game. Neither did Demko or most of the team.  This old trope of chaos giraffe is just stupid. he’s not qh and he’s not bad. come up with something new