[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

This is what I was also afraid of with Hronek.

hes been hot trash defensively the last 8 or so games. he’s not a top pairing defenseman on a playoff team. He’d be a great #3, but it’s evident we are missing a RHD stalwart that is of the Slavin/Brodin/Sieganthaler kind.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cocanuck said:

I thought kuz was ok…. He is not a favorite of toch,, gonna be scoring a lot of goals on another team next year.  Shame

I don’t think he had a great game.

Same goes for Mikheyev.

Hoglander was great.

I hope Podkolzin gets called up soon as well.

Just now, Odd. said:

This is what I was also afraid of with Hronek.

hes been hot trash defensively the last 8 or so games. he’s not a top pairing defenseman on a playoff team. He’d be a great #3, but it’s evident we are missing a RHD stalwart that is of the Slavin/Brodin/Sieganthaler kind.

Hughes - Pesce

Soucy - Hronek

Zadorov - 

2 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Have soucy but hes hurt.

He’s a top 6 D. 

He’s better suited with Zadorov as solid 3rd pair. 

What I mean is a defenseman that can eat 20+ minutes while playing at a high level like Hronek. But more so a leader in the defensive end since we kind of lack that. They also would help ease the burden off Hughes/Hronek and would give us depth insurance to our top 4 in case of injury there. 

That calibre defenseman would also be a good partner/mentor for one of our younger high end D prospects when they come up. 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

6th goal, hronek completely out of position

yup...a couple goals were on him . last one was him out of position.   I think hes built enough credit with his play most of the year to get a bit of a pass here.  He generally wasnt good tonight in his own zone.

Myers on the other hand....seems like every game he makes a disproportionate number of mistakes.  If you factor in the fact that his salary handcuffs the team from improving other holes on the team....i cant wait till his contract expires.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Isn't it though?

It's like saying the Hughes brothers aren't good at skating and we all just don't understand hockey. It's annoying to even have to argue something so ignorant.

go argue with tocchet. i’m pretty sure he knows hockey better than you.

Just now, stawns said:

Yet tocchet has a lot of trust in him, praises him a lot.  Could it be possible that he's just the scapegoat in a long line of scapegoats for a fanbase who doesn't actually know much about hockey?

It is a scapegoat for sure. I used to laugh cause people would call him out and he’s not on the ice even. He was a much better player a couple years ago. He’s just not very good and make dumb plays frequently. Even homers can see it even if he is somewhat of a scapegoat,

Glad he’s gone next year 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Whats the point of doing all that work to claw your way back to just throw it away in the final minute? These guys couldn't stop a beach ball?.......Sigh

Exactly. That's what the team is also gonna think subconciously. This was bad.

1 minute ago, Dom said:

DeSmith has played 2 games in 3 weeks. Wouldn't mind seeing him start vs the Wild. 

I agreed. Demko also has never won a game agaisnt the Wild in his career, believe it or not. So I am not oppose to starting DeSmith on Thursday.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

I thought kuz was ok…. He is not a favorite of toch,, gonna be scoring a lot of goals on another team next year.  Shame

I don't know. He isn't looking good to me. Doesn't shoot when he should. Never hits the net when he does shoot. Defensively weak. Poor forecheck.

Kuz is shitting the bed all on his own.

the devils, so opportunistic tonight. It's like the Canucks don't really know how to play them,  even more so, Canucks playing like they are still trying to find their true team identity, their best game.   Suddenly down a goal, what happened, came out looking good the first 5 minutes, seems like rope and dope now...  

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey, miller, Boeser, Hughes, Demko. That’s the biggest part of your lineup and they have been here for years. Petey was awful tonight. Defensively they have been awful the last ten games. They have been here for years. Being mediocre has been this groups calling card. I don’t want to hear about them learning lessons. At this rate they will be talking about learning lessons into their 40’s.

LOL.....Miller, Boeser, Hughes have all been "maturing" and are better than last year. Yes, Petey's struggling and we can't afford that....we need him to be better. Demko's not "great" for the past couple of games but has earned some slack.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1