[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1 that he was directly responsible for with a tape to tape pass to Hughes who set up a wide open Haula. Bone head play. 

Who said it wasn't?  It was still the only goal he was on for.  Hronek was the worst player in the ice tonight.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

not going to lie that felt like a game at the beginning of last season.  Demko fighting the puck, our D not getting the puck out when they had a chance and piss poor coverage allowing too many open chances.  

Totally agree. Looked like pond hockey out there. I know Jersey is fast but that was ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

yup...a couple goals were on him . last one was him out of position.   I think hes built enough credit with his play most of the year to get a bit of a pass here.  He generally wasnt good tonight in his own zone.

Myers on the other hand....seems like every game he makes a disproportionate number of mistakes.  If you factor in the fact that his salary handcuffs the team from improving other holes on the team....i cant wait till his contract expires.

I'm betting he's back at a reduced rate.  Clearly Tocchet thinks he's a solid dman, no?

I'd bet Myers doesn't make any more mistakes than most players......this fanbase just has some weird obsession with him.  It's actually sad

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

I thought kuz was ok…. He is not a favorite of toch,, gonna be scoring a lot of goals on another team next year.  Shame

Looks like Tock-it will have over-coached him to death!  He's a free wheeler and should be let loose by Tock-it!

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who said it wasn't?  It was still the only goal he was on for.  Hronek was the worst player in the ice tonight.

Debatable was a pretty egregious error. Where as the last goal was Hronek and Cole not recognizing they were both in poor position. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If this team can learn how to play like they did when they were down 5-2 at the start of the game they’ll have a lot more success.

That was with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev on the 3rd and 4th line though…

3 minutes ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

Myers was a +|- of zero. Kuz was -3.  Hronek and Cole were -1. He didn’t have a great game. Neither did Demko or most of the team.  This old trope of chaos giraffe is just stupid. he’s not qh and he’s not bad. come up with something new

No one played well enough tonight.  Showing signs of immaturity

Track meet game vs a faster team.  Results were predictable.  Almost last last two seasons when TG and BB was here.

Not securing a pt after all that catch-up is disappointing.   But maybe a blessing in disguise.   Players can't hide behind a bad game, and management can't pretend no changes are needed anymore this season. 

• Upvote 1