[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Something is bothering or not right with Pettersson. His facial expression even on the bench is quite somber. Better the first 15 games or so but not now.

He needs to pull himself together or go to the sick bay until he’s capable of pulling himself together. His poor performances and moping faces are helping anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

I'll say it one more time: We played a better game than the score showed.

Canucks were absolutely the better team. The Devils did to us what we were doing to teams earlier in the year; get dominated for a spell then score a goal. But the fact of the matter is our team D needs to be way better than it was in that first period.

• Cheers 1

Man this game pissed me off guys kinda battled but seemed ill prepared or lazy man the Fuk up and battle ffs no killer instinct in this game to support your captain,typical lame effort we are dropping in standings it can get get ugly quick if we don’t smarten up

• ThereItIs 1

Hughes and Hronek need to have better managed minutes.

I'm not sure if it's pressure to defend better. But the team was better with a strong forecheck, and puck pursuit.

They got more chances stripping the puck off the opposition.

Maybe the team can't play that style 82 games + a season?

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Spit Take GIF

Yet, he was still on for only one goal against.

He surrendered a lot of scoring chances.  Every instance where he got beat clean or coughed up the puck we did not get scored on.

That's just good luck on his side.  The performance is exceptionally poor.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe Mikheyev should be in the bottom 6.

Hoglander and Lafferty have outplayed both those guys and deserve to be top 6.

lol if hoglander and lafferty is ur top 6.. this team shouldn't even be the playoff conversation let alone wildcard

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Maybe it's lack of chemistry when the D lines were split up?  Hronek is usually solid.  

Agreed, I'm giving hronek a lot of blame tonight because he deserves ves it, he was awful.  But, he's had a great year so far.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

He needs to pull himself together or go to the sick bay until he’s capable of pulling himself together. His poor performances and moping faces are helping anyone. 

Love Petey and all he’s done for us but 12 million dollar players just don’t do this.

The team really needs to consider how much they’re tying to a player that has now disappeared for long stretches multiple times early in his career.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Confidence is the issue with Kuzmenko right now seen it a million times. When he finds it he’ll light it up. 

But he's not a shooter, he's a playmaker. He's not a guy who puts pucks on net he's a guy who tries to make passing plays.

I'm telling you, Garland & Kuzmenko for Laine.

Laine would've shot & buried one of the chances Kuz missed/passed on. He can score the occasional easy goal when you need one. And with Hogs/Podz/Bains we have some young players ready to take a bigger role. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

He surrendered a lot of scoring chances.  Every instance where he got beat clean or coughed up the puck we did not get scored on.

That's just good luck on his side.  The performance is exceptionally poor.

Everyone gave up a lot of scoring chances.  Hughes and hronek were an absolute train wreck in their end tonight

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Jesper Bratt is the kind of winger were missing. He's a guy that can make big plays when they need it, NJ doesn't have to just rely on Hughes/Hischier like we do Miller/Pettersson.

Kuzmenko is supposed to be that guy for us, and he plays his way out of the top 6 tonight when we need goals. 

I was expecting a regression from Kuz this year but not like this. He seems off as does with Petey.

Miller and Boeser has been our top line for awhile now. 

Just now, Canuck You said:

Let's put Giraffe out their against speedy players can walk around him or watch him fall..We were set-up to lose...And use a time-out dammit when the pressures on to re-group and it's still 5-5.

great post. thanks for that. i had no idea Myers was bad. can’t believe our stupid coach keeps playing him.  He was in the ice for 1 whole goal against. 

final score 6-5?

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Man this game pissed me off guys kinda battled but seemed ill prepared or lazy man the Fuk up and battle ffs no killer instinct in this game to support your captain,typical lame effort we are dropping in standings it can get get ugly quick if we don’t smarten up

They will win the next one. Remember consistency. Win one, lose one, win one? They are who we thought they were. 

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1 that he was directly responsible for with a tape to tape pass to Hughes who set up a wide open Haula. Bone head play. 

That's a game-changer right there. When you're doing recon he should get a -5 for that play. Some people don't understand that some plays are worse than others, no matter what their plus minus says at the end of the game. That was a tragically poor giveaway that broke the game wide open for the Devils. Some plays are forgivable, that play is not when it happens over and over again.

If you're a coach that's the turning point right there. You can't expect to win when you're making adolescent mistakes. The other NHL teams are just too good. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Love Petey and all he’s done for us but 12 million dollar players just don’t do this.

The team really needs to consider how much they’re tying to a player that has now disappeared for long stretches multiple times early in his career.

He absolutely is not a 12 million dollar player. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Personally, I think moving Bo was the end of Petey in Van.