[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol if hoglander and lafferty is ur top 6.. this team shouldn't even be the playoff conversation let alone wildcard

Lots of top teams have similar players plugged into their top 6.

Dont have to be high profile just have to know their role and get the job done.

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I was expecting a regression from Kuz this year but not like this. He seems off as does with Petey.

Miller and Boeser has been our top line for awhile now. 

He's just not a great fit for our team. He's a playmaker & he's in a role where he's supposed to be a shooter. Its just not his game.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

That's a game-changer right there. When you're doing recon he should get a -5 for that play. Some people don't understand that some plays are worse than others, no matter what their plus minus says at the end of the game. That was a tragically poor giveaway that broke the game wide open for the Devils. Some plays are forgivable, that play is not when it happens over and over again.

If you're a coach that's the turning point right there. You can't expect to win when you're making adolescent mistakes. The other NHL teams are just too good. 

Some people should understand that most goals occur because of what happens away from the puck.  

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

He needs to pull himself together or go to the sick bay until he’s capable of pulling himself together. His poor performances and moping faces are helping anyone. 

I sincerely hope he is truly injured and not just disappearing due to a bad attitude…

Yeah he’s disappeared for long periods of time year in year out

we don’t know what’s really going on… But it makes you wonder… At any rate there’s something desperately wrong with this team…

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

That's a game-changer right there. When you're doing recon he should get a -5 for that play. Some people don't understand that some plays are worse than others, no matter what their plus minus says at the end of the game. That was a tragically poor giveaway that broke the game wide open for the Devils. Some plays are forgivable, that play is not when it happens over and over again.

If you're a coach that's the turning point right there. You can't expect to win when you're making adolescent mistakes. The other NHL teams are just too good. 

All he had to do was fire it out around behind the net to get it out of the zone or force it in the air so it’s not a prime tape to tape pass opportunity.  Should be a simple play for an NHL vet. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Agreed, I'm giving hronek a lot of blame tonight because he deserves ves it, he was awful.  But, he's had a great year so far.

He’s been much better defensively than i thought he would be from his stint in Det. He’s pretty bad at disrupting the cycle, but he’s a net positive and has exceeded expectations.

fair to give him a hard time tonight. he underperformed. i’m sure he’ll boince back.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Love Petey and all he’s done for us but 12 million dollar players just don’t do this.

The team really needs to consider how much they’re tying to a player that has now disappeared for long stretches multiple times early in his career.

He's disappeared more than Auston Matthews and yet people still think we should be paying him like he's a top 5 player.

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm betting he's back at a reduced rate.  Clearly Tocchet thinks he's a solid dman, no?

I'd bet Myers doesn't make any more mistakes than most players......this fanbase just has some weird obsession with him.  It's actually sad

Playing Myers with Zads as he learns the system is not smart; it means more chaotic broken down plays that he is not good with. RT should reunit Hughes-Hronek…..pair Cole-Zads….and call up someone with better wheels to play with Myers until Soucy is back. Playing slowpoke Juulsen with Cole or Myers is NOT the answer. Why Hirose doesn’t get a game or two is baffling! Heck, let’s see Friedman back in!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1

Just now, German Canuck said:

Is this what i said?

No but they made more stupid mistakes as the Devils and so the Canucks deserved the loss.

The last 10-12 games are aweful to watch

In the realm of who had the run of play. We did. Saying we didn't deserve, AT LEAST, a point is bullshit.

• ThereItIs 1

The problem is we got nothing from this game. Nothing. Not one point. So it’s not well at least we came back. 33 seconds. You can’t play hard for 33 seconds. So immature. Until they correct it, they are still mentally fragile and immature. Nothing. Still can’t believe it. What was the point in coming back to just give it back? So weak.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They will win the next one. Remember consistency. Win one, lose one, win one? They are who we thought they were. 

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

I wanna get on a bit of a streak beat the win one lose one mediocrity 

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Something is bothering or not right with Pettersson. His facial expression even on the bench is quite somber. Better the first 15 games or so but not now.

I hope he’s not bracing himself for an imminent departure? 

I don’t think he liked RT dismantling the Lotto-line.

Miller gets the dude’s best-buddy Boeser & Petey is saddled with the Russian enigmas.

Petey with Hoglander may be able spark something?  Whatever is  happening, has disrupted this  team’s earlier chemistry. 

They need to establish more league-wide cred as winners in their own barn. 

Edited by viking mama

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Tocchet has coached the joy and smiles out of that guy.  I rather see him traded and flourish elsewhere than to see him emotionally abused here.

Exactly. - RT has worked hard on removing Kuzzy's creativity and spontaneity from his game in trying to convert him into a north-south automaton. Started when he denied Kuzzy the chance to get 40 goals last season by benching him .... "He has to learn to play the right way"  Such crap 

• Cheers 1