[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

All he had to do was fire it out around behind the net to get it out of the zone or force it in the air so it’s not a prime tape to tape pass opportunity.  Should be a simple play for an NHL vet. 

He had a devil within two feet on either side of him.  The only other play he has was a pass to the middle.  He should have held the puck, but he made a bad decision, made worse by lack of fwd support and d partner completely out of position.  They all had equal blame on that play.

8 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Any media member who suggets re-signing Myers should resign immediately.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well tocchet seems to really like him, so I'd prepare for that possibility of I were you.

I clearly said "media member".

And thankfully you're not me.

Edited by 1-d
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Playing Myers with Zads as he learns the system is not smart; it means more chaotic broken down plays that he is not good with. RT should reunit Hughes-Hronek…..pair Cole-Zads….and call up someone with better wheels to play with Myers until Soucy is back. Playing slowpoke Juulsen with Cole or Myers is NOT the answer. Why Hirose doesn’t get a game or two is baffling! Heck, let’s see Friedman back in!

Yet again, they were only on for one goal. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He's disappeared more than Auston Matthews and yet people still think we should be paying him like he's a top 5 player.

I hope he realizes he’ll be setting himself up if he goes for max dollars.

Cant imagine how the fans would respond if he was making 12 mil and playing like this. Not to mention the contract becomes unmovable even if he did want a change of scenery.

So what does this team still need? 
I’m thinking

- 1 more legit top 4 d 

- 1 more legit top 6 winger

- a shutdown /pk 3c

we might have a couple of those guys in our prospect pool. But in the immediate future it’s going to take some magic from Allvin to fill the holes… maybe they roll with what they have for now. With Suter and Soucy back they should win their fair share. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

All he had to do was fire it out around behind the net to get it out of the zone or force it in the air so it’s not a prime tape to tape pass opportunity.  Should be a simple play for an NHL vet. 

I know. It's mind boggling how much time he has and he just pushes a soft 2 foot pass right on the stick. Literally anywhere else on the ice is a better play. Like you said even if it in the air against the boards so Hughes has to actually do something but it's like he's playing on the other team.

I don't care if players make mistakes, it happens, but this exact same play and other abortions happen time and time again with #57. It's unacceptable in my books. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2