[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

I know people are bitching about Kuzmenko's play and the fact he is snakebit right now and can't buy a goal.

But the team needs him.   He is important to the team's success... we need both of the two top lines scoring, and he should be on Pettersson's line.

The coach has some kind of grudge against him, doesn't fit Tocchet's mold of 'responsible'.

But Pettersson's line was producing when Kuzmenko was on it with Mikheyev.  And if they put the line back together, the goals would come.

Tocchet needs to put his personal likes and dislikes aside and just play this line.

Last year it worked, and the first 15 games it worked.... it will work again.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I hope he realizes he’ll be setting himself up if he goes for max dollars.

Cant imagine how the fans would respond if he was making 12 mil and playing like this. Not to mention the contract becomes unmovable even if he did want a change of scenery.

I feel like if we can land a couple true top 6 forwards for Petey, we should certainly consider it.  I'd also entertain moving him if it meant a top pairing defenceman too... Cernak...

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

So what does this team still need? 
I’m thinking

- 1 more legit top 4 d 

- 1 more legit top 6 winger

- a shutdown /pk 3c

we might have a couple of those guys in our prospect pool. But in the immediate future it’s going to take some magic from Allvin to fill the holes… maybe they roll with what they have for now. With Suter and Soucy back they should win their fair share. 

- Pettersson -

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev - Suter -

Joshua - Blueger - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - 

Zadorov - Cole

This is what we need to complete the team moving forward in my opinion.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I’m thinking

- 1 more legit top 4 d 

- a shutdown /pk 3c

we might have a couple of those guys in our prospect pool. But in the immediate future it’s going to take some magic from Allvin to fill the holes… maybe they roll with what they have for now. With Suter and Soucy back they should win their fair share. 

I have a feeling that team morale is so low that even with those two back it’s gonna take a a few handfuls of Zeus’ bolts of lightning to wake this team up out of this funk…
And ffs give Demko a rest and play DeSmith

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Yet again, they were only on for one goal. 

Agree 100% Stawns…it’s more the revolving chairs of defensive partners we have seen the last few weeks. Strengths with strengths. Cole knows the system well and would be an asset to helping Zad. In addition, they would be a good pairing. Myers has been great all year…this is not on him.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Playing Myers with Zads as he learns the system is not smart; it means more chaotic broken down plays that he is not good with. RT should reunit Hughes-Hronek…..pair Cole-Zads….and call up someone with better wheels to play with Myers until Soucy is back. Playing slowpoke Juulsen with Cole or Myers is NOT the answer. Why Hirose doesn’t get a game or two is baffling! Heck, let’s see Friedman back in!

Cole isn’t less a liability than Myers. It’s more obvious when the tall man does something stupid, but Cole was pretty crap tonight, as was much of our team.  Demko didn’t hide the warts tonight.

We don’t have any smart d-first dmen like tanev and it shows. the forwards need to do better to make our d zone play look good, or its the same fire drill we’ve seem the last few years.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

There was obviously a split in the room and I think Petey was in the Bo camp.  It's been very public that Petey and Miller don't really see eye to eye 

Just my opinion though

Hmm.  Honestly wouldn't break my heart to see Pete go. Of course depending on what we got for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

There was obviously a split in the room and I think Petey was in the Bo camp.  It's been very public that Petey and Miller don't really see eye to eye 

Just my opinion though

Wow, now that's just full of shit.  Where has it been "very public"?  Would love to see the evidence instead of just speculation on your part.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Agree 100% Stawns…it’s more the revolving chairs of defensive partners we have seen the last few weeks. Strengths with strengths. Cole knows the system well and would be an asset to helping Zad. In addition, they would be a good pairing. Myers has been great all year…this is not on him.

Certainly not all on him.

I find it ironic that people who loosely throw around terms like wet blanket relentlessly trash Canuck players

Just now, Darius said:

I’m thinking

- 1 more legit top 4 d 

- a shutdown /pk 3c

A top 4 D that is no slouch defensively and can play 20+ minutes. A defensive leader. That’s what we lack. Someone that can help bring up and play with one of our youngsters when they are ready.  Would also give us top 4 depth for injuries in the top pairing and help ease workload of Hughes/Hronek. 

You have Soucy with Zadorov on 3rd pair in the long term. They would probably be a killer 3rd pair.

Thats probably priority one. It probably will take time to address though. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I feel like if we can land a couple true top 6 forwards for Petey, we should certainly consider it.  I'd also entertain moving him if it meant a top pairing defenceman too... Cernak...

Peterson is injuried plain and simple. Though I don’t like it, it is what it is; he has been a great 200’ player in the meantime. Trading him would be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lots of top teams have similar players plugged into their top 6.

Dont have to be high profile just have to know their role and get the job done.

sry what playoff caliber teams have 3rd/4th line plugs as the 2 of the 4 wingers in the top 6? this team have maybe 1 or 2 legit top 6 wingers and the rest of the winger depth is all 3/4th line ability plugs

Edited by wai_lai416

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

I agree Myers has definitely upped his game this season and that might be primarily due to reduced role. Play him more minutes and unfortunately the team will suffer some consequence from that, as witnessed. 
we didn’t lose the game because of Myers, but some of his decisions certainly made it more difficult to rebuild in-game confidence and momentum. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Wow, now that's just full of shit.  Where has it been "very public"?  Would love to see the evidence instead of just speculation on your part.

He said it in an interview at the all star for millions of people to watch.  Did you rip van Winkle through last season?

It was discussed on Cdc for weeks

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

What a bunch of Putz's this members of this forum are.

Last year Pettersson reels off 100 points and now they are ready to trade him.

Schizo freaks.

It’s ok the guy saying he thinks he wants out is the same one who said JT wouldn’t sign long term cause he’s American 

• Cheers 2