[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

7 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I hope he is not bracing himself for.. departure. 

He don’t think he likes RT dismantling of the Lotto-line.

Miller gets his best-buddy Boeser & Petey is saddled him with the Russian enigmas.

Petey with Hoglander may be able to spark something?  Whatever’s happening,…has disrupted a bit of team chemistry. 

EP’s  not running the show. If he’s sulking about management and coaching decisions trade him to “greener pastures”. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Give me boring wins all day every day.

That game was a defensive train wreck mixed with weak goaltending for both sides.

I wouldn't say it was weak goaltending on Demko simply because of the save percentage.  He legitimately had no chance on them minus the last goal where rebound control could have been perhaps better but he was screened and puck fell to JB.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

sry what playoff caliber teams have 3rd/4th line plugs as the 2 of the 4 wingers in the top 6? this team have maybe 1 or 2 legit top 6 wingers and the rest of the winger depth is all 3/4th line ability plugs

Kuzmenko and Mikeheyev are not plugs. L take. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

What a bunch of Putz's this members of this forum are.

Last year Pettersson reels off 100 points and now they are ready to trade him.

Schizo freaks.

I think there's a good chance he wants to move.  Mostly I think if he's asking for huge money, the better move is to deal him.  

Hes my favourite player on the team, but following the EDM/TO model is not a good idea, imo.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Schizo freaks.

It’s great he had 100 points last year. It really is but everyone is focused on this year and let’s face it. He looked terrible lately. He’s not dominating shifts at all. This has been going on for more then ten games now and he wants 12 million a year, yeah right. He is not earning his playing time right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

- Pettersson -

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev - Suter -

Joshua - Blueger - Lafferty

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - 

Zadorov - Cole

This is what we need to complete the team moving forward in my opinion.

Sure looks a lot more achievable if Podz develops into a top 6 fixture.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Schizo freaks.

just holding on for dear life to try and be right about something. Embrassing. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sry what playoff caliber teams have 3rd/4th line plugs as the 2 of the 4 wingers in the top 6?

Since when is Hoglander a plug?

Last time I checked he was a skilled young former 2nd round pick. 

Players like Lafferty get elevated up the lineup by coaches all the time, even on good teams.

Could we use another top 6? For sure. But there’s nothing wrong with these guys being mixed in with a top 6 of Petey, Kuzmenko, Miller, and Boeser.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

But he's not a shooter, he's a playmaker. He's not a guy who puts pucks on net he's a guy who tries to make passing plays.

I'm telling you, Garland & Kuzmenko for Laine.

Laine would've shot & buried one of the chances Kuz missed/passed on. He can score the occasional easy goal when you need one. And with Hogs/Podz/Bains we have some young players ready to take a bigger role. 

Absolutely no to Laine he is soft and Dogshit at best defensively and costs almost as much as Garland and Kuzmenko combined. With 1 less point than Garland right now and 1/10th the effort. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

just holding on for dear life to try and be right about something. Embrassing. 

Well some people just need to lash out and blame a single person, even if it's clearly wrong.  Embarrassing, I agree

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

EP’s  not running the show. If he’s sulking about management and coaching decisions trade him to “greener pastures”. 

problem is, we’re at best a bubble team without petey playing well. hughes demko and miller are not enough

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I agree Myers has definitely upped his game this season and that might be primarily due to reduced role. Play him more minutes and unfortunately the team will suffer some consequence from that, as witnessed. 
we didn’t lose the game because of Myers, but some of his decisions certainly made it more difficult to rebuild in-game confidence and momentum. 

Myers can't be the sole blame on a 5-6  loss however there is no question his blunders are extremely costly and leads to extremely dangerous chances that usually leads in goals.  The plain giveaway tonight is also what led to Devils getting a goal that broke our momentum as well.  That has unfortunately been the case for Myers during his tenure here.  He absolutely has improved this year compared to last year but we still would be better off without him and putting in a more reliable and steady defensive dmen.  Nothing flashy and gets the job done.  Unfortunately Myers has a tremendous physical gift but his hockey IQ and vision is just non existent.  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s great he had 100 points last year. It really is but everyone is focused on this year and let’s face it. He looked terrible lately. He’s not dominating shifts at all. This has been going on for more then ten games now and he wants 12 million a year, yeah right. He is not earning his playing time right now.

Did u watch McDavid earlier in the year? That’s what players playing through injury look like. On the bright side, Petey is able to play a huge 200’ role in meantime, unlike McDavid. We just need to ride him out….

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Anyone starting to think Petey has already made up his mind that he is leaving?

That's why he hasn't signed

That's why Allvin met with him

That's why he seems to be checked out.

Honestly it could be the situation. I don't believe the injury excuse anymore 

Yeah, seems reasonable to me too

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sergiomomesso said:

You know who might connect on a line with EP40? 

William Nylander 

give Treliving a call and offer him

Garland, 1st and Pylon Myers 

Free Willy needs to be on the West coast 

That would be a scary combo, but Serge.. you and Jimmy Sandlak would have to come out of retirement and get paid by the buffet coz they won’t be able to afford anyone else

• Cheers 1