[GDT] New Jersey Devils @ Vancouver Canucks | Dec 5th @ Rogers Arena - 7pm PT/10pm ET| [The Hughes Brothers Edition]

John.Tallhouse

7 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Peterson is injuried plain and simple. Though I don’t like it, it is what it is; he has been a great 200’ player in the meantime. Trading him would be stupid.

Francesco loves you, his family got rich off guys like you

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Did u watch McDavid earlier in the year? That’s what players playing through injury look like. On the bright side, Petey is able to play a huge 200’ role in meantime, unlike McDavid. We just need to ride him out….

Well his 200 game has also been awful lately. The last two shifts of the game he had scoring chances against. One which was scored on. 

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Did u watch McDavid earlier in the year? That’s what players playing through injury look like. On the bright side, Petey is able to play a huge 200’ role in meantime, unlike McDavid. We just need to ride him out….

If his contract negotiations are what’s weighing on him he needs to tell his agent to get something done.

You can’t say you wanna win and then let your game slide this badly.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Give me boring wins all day every day.

That game was a defensive train wreck mixed with weak goaltending for both sides.

Agree. Entertaining losses or moral victories don't cut it anymore.

This team's strength this season has been playing predictable, boring hockey. Tighten up the neutral zone with forechecking, score some opportunistic goals and then shut the door with solid D and goaltending.

Tonight they scored goals but that's about it. Devils waltzed into our dzone all night and Demko couldn't make one save that could have made a difference.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Peterson is injuried plain and simple. Though I don’t like it, it is what it is; he has been a great 200’ player in the meantime. Trading him would be stupid.

Petey is injured 

He’s totally playing way below his level… Something is definitely wrong with him he has to be injured…

my concern is that since we’ve had him on our team he is often injured maybe it’s better to have more durable players who are consistent… 

Petey could provide a top 4 defenceman and a decent centre for all we know…

I don’t know it’s just frustrating to watch this guy get injured and disappear for long periods of time

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

You know who might connect on a line with EP40? 

William Nylander 

give Treliving a call and offer him

Garland, 1st and Pylon Myers 

Free Willy needs to be on the West coast 

Love me some EP but unfortunately EP is killing a lot of offensive momentum for the team.  Injured or lack of confidence, whatever may be, you can see he is reluctant to do anything including shooting, which leads to him fumbling the puck or killing the play.  All he does right now is look for the safe pass which is predictable, and if you remove his potent shot out of the game..  well.  At least his defensive game is still there.

Long story short, EP is EP and will command lots of money, the amount a playdriver will earn to elevate his linesmates games, not the other way around.  If he needs Nylander to save him, we better off investing that cap to someone else.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If his contract negotiations are what’s weighing on him he needs to tell his agent to get something done.

You can’t say you wanna win and then let your game slide this badly.

100% this, tho I believe it’s definitely him not being 100%. 

Another game or 2 like this and he should just sit until healed at this point. 

34 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I watched the Game Myers wasn't the issue

You guys got a hate on Myers for no reason

Were you watching an old game by any chance? Or are you talking about the nice assist Myers had on the Bratt goal? If so you're correct, Myers had a great game!

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think Podkolzin wins more puck battles and brings more energy than Kuzmenko and Mikheyev but it’s the skill that’s the issue. Can he bring that good AHL game to the NHL now. I hope so. I still think he’s going to be a good player.

No disrespect to Mikheyev, he’s a great player and one of my favourite players on the team but he’s not a 1st line winger. A very good 2nd/3rd line winger.

Kuzmenko, not sure if he’s a long-term fit on the team. Benched again, how many times will he go through this until he becomes unhappy.

Wirh Pettersson struggling through an injury or just playing bad generally, we do not have a 1st line at all. A team is not going to win many games if that’s the case. Lafferty and Joshua can only do so much. 

If Podz can come up and play a similar game to Joshua, he’ll be valuable while he (hopefully) finds his game. Work your ass off, use your size, and getting chances to play up the lineup will benefit the team. Unfortunately, when we need to promote all our energy guys off the 3rd/4th, we lose the depth that had us winning early on. We saw it tonight.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, T. Demko said:

Myers can't be the sole blame on a 5-6  loss however there is no question his blunders are extremely costly and leads to extremely dangerous chances that usually leads in goals.  The plain giveaway tonight is also what led to Devils getting a goal that broke our momentum as well.  That has unfortunately been the case for Myers during his tenure here.  He absolutely has improved this year compared to last year but we still would be better off without him and putting in a more reliable and steady defensive dmen.  Nothing flashy and gets the job done.  Unfortunately Myers has a tremendous physical gift but his hockey IQ and vision is just non existent.  

Here’s what I think the problem is. 
Myers was drafted with an expectation to be an offensive defenseman, and in his earlier years he got to focus on that. But as his career went on, players leapfrogged him in that capacity by either foot speed or a more developed game, or what have you. I think what most fans see is a Dman who struggles to think the game from a true defensive dman’s persepctive, and because of that he will always have some deficiency when expected to perform in that role. He has a hockey IQ, it’s just built for the other side of the ice but that role in the game now has already passed him by. Hard to battle instinct and I think what we see are the physical manifestations of that struggle with his constant flubs. He is reliant on a D partner to make up for his gaffes when they occur, and it seems only certain players have the knack for or understanding/responsibility to do it effectively when paired with him.

hes a hard case, that giraffe. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Petey is injured 

He’s totally playing way below his level… Something is definitely wrong with him he has to be injured…

my concern is that since we’ve had him on our team he is often injured maybe it’s better to have more durable players who are consistent… 

Petey could provide a top 4 defenceman and a decent centre for all we know…

I don’t know it’s just frustrating to watch this guy get injured and disappear for long periods of time

Don't you worry, Petey is going to show up against the worst team in the league especially knowing that he gets to shoot against ANOTHER backup goalie. of cuz Petey will scratch himself when we need him most and that's classic

• ThereItIs 1

I never thought missing a 4/5 dman and 3/4 line C would be such a problem. Seemed like they were much tighter in the d zone and didn’t let the opposition cycle to create picks and chances. Todays defensive structure was nonexistent and the speedy Devils knew to just go wide on Chaos Girraffe and not to worry about getting hit. 

what is going on with Prius and when is Soucy back. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Absolutely no to Laine he is soft and Dogshit at best defensively and costs almost as much as Garland and Kuzmenko combined. With 1 less point than Garland right now and 1/10th the effort. 

And often disappears for games at a time like he’s on vacation 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I never thought missing a 4/5 dman and 3/4 line C would be such a problem. Seemed like they were much tighter in the d zone and didn’t let the opposition cycle to create picks and chances. Todays defensive structure was nonexistent and the speedy Devils knew to just go wide on Chaos Girraffe and not to worry about getting hit. 

what is going on with Prius and when is Soucy back. 

And losing them coincided with what appears to be a Peterson injury. That’s tough loses; a top PK defensive Dman, your 2nd best FO guy, and ur top offensive Centres offense.

13 minutes ago, T. Demko said:

Love me some EP but unfortunately EP is killing a lot of offensive momentum for the team.  Injured or lack of confidence, whatever may be, you can see he is reluctant to do anything including shooting, which leads to him fumbling the puck or killing the play.  All he does right now is look for the safe pass which is predictable, and if you remove his potent shot out of the game..  well.  At least his defensive game is still there.

Long story short, EP is EP and will command lots of money, the amount a playdriver will earn to elevate his linesmates games, not the other way around.  If he needs Nylander to save him, we better off investing that cap to someone else.

I say it’s a nagging  or re-occurring wrist injury thing, thus his reluctance to shoot or lack of faith in this signature ability of his. 

Edited by viking mama