Bruce Boudreau opens up about being fired by the Canucks - Nasty Knuckles Podcast

DeltaSwede

3 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

What is up with people and silencing conversations? It's weird because the same type of thing happened when critiquing Gillis and then when it comes to new management, the same thing is going on. I think people are picking and choosing what to say or hear. It's pretty disturbing.

Canucks has something good going now, so why are we trying to stir shit up?...

Would you wish for JR/PA to be sacked, or Tocchet to be sacked? What is the point of this?

I know, that even if it was handled poorly, it is, what it is...  

JR/PA are our management team, and as long as the results shows on the ice, and the product is more important than who our coach is, and if he was treated fairly... he got his $, end off

• Cheers 2

Boudreau made it fun for the players. While this might work short term, this league isn't about fun. It's about getting paid millions of dollars to put your body on the line, taking the time to improve your craft, and being the best player you can be for your team and yourself. 

I really enjoyed Boudreau as our coach, but he was not the answer to building a cup-winning franchise. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Yepp...This needs to be left in the past now..Like 2pac said..Life goes on..

Never ever forget the past.

It teaches how to succeed and how to fail.

You can't have a today without a yesterday.

Life goes on because of all the variables and choices are unlimited.

But in a structured environment learning how to navigate it becomes vital to success.

In every failure is lessons that can be informative or learned. Even if it isn't something obvious or directly in the lime light.

Disasters can happen if the past is ignored or minimalized or criminalized or 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Rutherford from day one explained the vision he had for the club at the player, coaching, managing level. A lot of fans and media chose not to listen even after multiple press conferences saying the same thing.

Rutherford let it be known that he did not like the coaching style, the coaching staff needed to implement systems and have structure to build a successful on ice product. Fair enough. As this was repeated throughout Boudreau's tenor its actually a good thing as a fan to see the President explaining why the team is suffering and losing. Meaning a smart person has identified areas of weakness or of needing change.

Its not up to the Canucks to placate their coach or lie to the public about their thoughts on why the team struggles. When you have media types, analysts, outside NHL people suggesting the Canucks were left free range to the degree they needed a reset and coaching at the basic of levels, you know the current coaching staff is the problem.

Some of what Rutherford said could be taken as a shot at the coach, not a great time when he was in limbo but it wasn't Vancouver that said he was being replaced weeks prior to his firing. That was media, digging and digging while the Canucks interviewed replacements ( every team does this ). Tocchet's name got out. Vancouver could have handled things different sure but that doesn't make Rutherford's contributions inexcusable. It is humorous how many fans blame Rutherford and Allvin for firing the coach like it was blasphemous. Give it a rest.

Tocchet has a criminal record, we can grow up and move past that one day. Its the kind of shitty people that scream about someone with a record or try to block them from employment or living life because they have a past. Honestly crying about Tocchet's record is more an indictment on the individual who has issue with it.

To go on about this lack of professionalism like some kind of monster is atcthe President and coaches position is laughable. May as well go on about Burke, Keenan, Tortorella and on and on lol.

Boudreau was a fine coach. He wasn't big on systems, was big on players. It didn't work so he was removed. The team never hid behind the fact he wasn't right here.

Excellent post! Well done! Summed it up nicely, succinctly, and precisely. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

He’s been spewing hate, toxicity and negativity re: Jim, Rick, others and team stuff forever. A lot of it def crossing the line. And it’s ALL the time. I think most here are done with it, yet he gets to carry on. Weirdly, I call him out recently and I get banned for 2 days. I’ve never seen a “fan” so full of hate over so much. 

Well nothing wrong with being frank about your dislike of the president or coach etc. I just find it interesting that the same points are brought up regularly like something extraordinary happened. I keep thinking he is more invested somewhere along the line than most or has info that we don't.

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Well nothing wrong with being frank about your dislike of the president or coach etc. I just find it interesting that the same points are brought up regularly like something extraordinary happened. I keep thinking he is more invested somewhere along the line than most or has info that we don't.

Right! Opinions and disliking something / someone I totally understand, but the words used and the amount it’s repeated aren’t normal. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Neither is your anger towards another poster's opinion, but here we are.

Maybe understand the difference between unwarranted Constant and consistent hate of multiple people and things…and people being done with it and calling it out. I did it because you refuse to stop! 

What did Jim and Rick do to you again???

If you hate them this much, how do you feel about others that have done way worse?!

Let me guess…you’d hate a police officer because they did their job and gave you a ticket for running a red light! 

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 88Canuck said:

Maybe understand the difference between unwarranted Constant and consistent hate of multiple people and things…and people being done with it and calling it out. I did it because you refuse to stop! 

What did Jim and Rick do to you again???

Let me guess…you’d hate a police officer because they did their job and gave you a ticket for running a red light! 

And I still refuse to censor myself because it offends you.  Since you can't handle seeing my opinion without getting yourself banned, might I suggest the ignore feature?  All Rutherford and Tocchet have done is disgrace the franchise.  As a fan, I have a right to have an issue about that.  You don't have a right to try to get me to stop posting anything that isn't violating the rules.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And I still refuse to censor myself because it offends you.  Since you can't handle seeing my opinion without getting yourself banned, might I suggest the ignore feature?  All Rutherford and Tocchet have done is disgrace the franchise.  As a fan, I have a right to have an issue about that.  You don't have a right to try to get me to stop posting anything that isn't violating the rules.

Pretty hard when you consume multiple topics with it! 

I’m done discussing this with you. Peace! 

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Aside from whose side you are favoring, the bottom line is that this team has improved greatly. I mentioned in the last couple of seasons that I wasn't even interested in watching Canuck games as the structure was so bad. 

We had no one backchecking, forechecking, body checking(except Schenn), we weren't sticking up for each other and we relied heavily on our goaltending to bale us out most nights.

We have gotten ,bigger , stronger, faster and have very good structure and alot less 3 on 1's and 2 on 1's. 

I don't think we are exactly where coaching and management want us yet but we are definitely moving in the right direction, finally.

Not to mention, we have UFA's agreeing to sign here and lots of teams making trades with us. That tells you that we clearly have a good reputation around the league, or at the very least have a much better image than what Heffy thinks.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No, he's just susceptible to the drama and rage farming that is the Canucks media.

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How do you know this?  Allvin is JR's protege.  How do you know that JR isn't still calling the shots?  Because you don't see him in the media you think he is not doing anything?  JR is the one that brought the cups to Pittsburgh and Carolina.  Allvin was holding his gonch the whole time.

Not sure what the hate is on JR all the time.  He is a 3 time Stanley Cup champion, a Hall of Famer, and is the one who is responsible for bringing everyone in to the organization that is here now, including Allvin.  JR literally completely changed the entire organization from top down and brought in a winning atmosphere.  He is also the one who wanted Tocchet.

Spot on.... JR are the godfather in this organisation just now. 
PA is the heir to the throne, but I have zero doubt that JR has his finger on most things that happens. PAs lining everything up, but he will have had discussions with JR about his plans... 

And this is how it should be between the President and the GM. In total agreement (in principle) about the way forward. 
JR knows more about managing and structure of an NHL team (good and bad) in his little finger, than all of CFF put together and then some. 
Tocchet obviously fits the bill and the way they both look at it, and wants their team to play, so whether we see much or not of JR likely doesn't matter. He is there as well....

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How do you know this?  Allvin is JR's protege.  How do you know that JR isn't still calling the shots?  Because you don't see him in the media you think he is not doing anything?  JR is the one that brought the cups to Pittsburgh and Carolina.  Allvin was holding his gonch the whole time.

Not sure what the hate is on JR all the time.  He is a 3 time Stanley Cup champion, a Hall of Famer, and is the one who is responsible for bringing everyone in to the organization that is here now, including Allvin.  JR literally completely changed the entire organization from top down and brought in a winning atmosphere.  He is also the one who wanted Tocchet.

I find it weird that people hate him because he said the Canucks needed better systems. He knew what type of coach RT is, he was also in Pittsburgh. He knew Tocc would implement those systems to give the Canucks long term success. The Drama queens need to give it a rest.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

lol reading some of these post it feels like the fans are more salty than bruce is.. don't really care about whether or not bruce is the right coach for the team etc etc.. the way it was handled by the management was unacceptable it basically started back in april and dragged on and on and lasted more than half a year.. if JR and pa didn't think Bruce was the right coach for the team.. then just be honest and tell him that back at the exit interview back in april?? just like be up front.. tell him we don't think you are the right coach going forward.. but instead they wanted to play the PR card and didnt' want to look bad with the fans by letting bruce go after the job he have done and turned it into a PR nightmare. i have no issues with Bruce airing some of this out.. it's not like he created it.. the canucks did.. people expect others to suck it up after getting publicly humilated basically for 8 months lol.