PGT - Devils at Canucks - 12/05/2023

PhillipBlunt

54 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's not a theory, it's a pattern. 

And no, Makar earned it. He signed his current deal on Jul. 24, 2021 after putting up 50 points in 57 games in 19-20 and 44 points in 44 games in 20-21. Makar's been roughly point per game or better his entire NHL career. 

And what is his Cap hit? 9 million. Thats a steal of a deal ,no?

1 hour ago, GasThomas said:

Did you see what he did in the last minute? 

If you tie that kind of game you have to do the correct play. You cannot give that kind of gift. It doesn't matter he was not on the ice. We lost the possessions in that last minute. 

So you're blaming Myers for the winning goal even though he wasn't on the ice?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

The league is really close. There are several top clubs, of which we are a part, whose gsmes are decided by the goalies. Whichever one players best wins. Demko has been second best during our losses. Once he’s back to Double Bubble Demko we will go on a long winning streak. He is our key piece. Our core is equal to any teams. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

And what is his Cap hit? 9 million. Thats a steal of a deal ,no?

Considering what he's accomplished, absolutely 

Forgot to mention that Makar was point per game in the playoffs in both 19-20 and 20-21 with 15 points in 15 games and then 10 points in 10 games 

Avs benefitted from timing though, Makar was signed under a flat cap and right before he took his roughly point per game play to another level 

Avs ultimately benefitted from burning a year off his ELC, if they'd waited he may very well have been up for an extension after winning the Norris, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup  

Sometimes teams get lucky with timing 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Aight, lemme rephrase that, any team trying to use Hughes as a comparable when trying to extend an already established point producer is going to be laughed at 

Players like Hughes and Stutzle are why you see more teams paying based on potential, hoping to see players blow up in similar fashions 

Doesn't really work in the case of player like Pettersson 

Stutzle signed his deal on Sep. 7, 2022, the season before he'd put up 58 points in 79 games 

Ottawa gambled on his potential and it paid off, Stutzle went on to put up 90 points in 78 games 

Stutzle looks great at 8.3 because he blew up, but if he'd stuck to closer to the 60ish points he put up the season prior it suddenly doesn't look as great 

Yes.  Plus you aren't supposed to make UFA money out of the gate.   Jack Hughes was paid handsomely, so was EP, so is QHs.  If everyone was getting 3-4 deal money ... well it just doesn't work. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

image.png.593c5ddb5acac787b345415cd65a11fb.png

I never seen the game and I'm just listening to the Rink Wide post game show and doomer Jeff Paterson and his co-host aren't nearly as negative on the game as the board is. Which is a little strange.

I was bracing for doom and yet they aren't all that negative. 

7 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Still stunned by the comeback from 3 goals down only to give up a goal in the last minute that would embarrass a WHL team

The NJ timeout after Nux tied it was helpful.  They regrouped and had the puck most the time remaining.  

Nux just didn't have it last night.   But hopefully it wakes the team up.  An OT loss would have been a moral victory that hides their poor preparation and execution.   

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Despite not being on the list, I'll just drop in anyway... 🙂

Happy birthday @Huggy Bear... Hope you had a blast 🙂🍺

As for Petey, I think he chooses himself, if he wants to stay or go... I think, he is being hung a bit out to dry, because his production has gone down over the last 10+ games, however, we all know that he is capable of refine his form and go on a tear...

Salary wise, who knows, I'm sure both sides have an idea... If he wants more, than JR/PA are prepared to pay, he will be shifted... 

But I have from good sources, @Elias Pettersson that he is staying and will lead us to the SC, so that is good enough for me 😄

My bad @spook007, you’re one of my faves. I’ll edit my post for posterity

• Like 1

Absolutely heart crushing loss. But the boys are right there. We basically have an absentee 1st line I hope they get un jammed quickly 

as WITH contributions from those 3 we are laughing all the way to the cup. Its astounding the difference with this team from this year to 

last. I continue to be shocked by how good Miller is.

Hughes is now legendary status for me.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

PETTERSSON

KEEP HIM

TRADE HIM

MORE MONEY

LESS MONEY

MORE TERM

LESS TERM

gioated-family-guy.gif

Anyone who questions Petterson game to game or even month to month concerning his next contract doesn't have a clue how the NHL works. 

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Still stunned by the comeback from 3 goals down only to give up a goal in the last minute that would embarrass a WHL team

Yup; And that's exactly why we're not quite elite yet. Hey; I was convinced as anyone, we'd finish off the Devils after we'd come back.

Instead? We chocked and dang it; I a had a couple of my corny Fire works and Canucks Score gifs on tap ready to release. But NOOO 🤒

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The league is really close. There are several top clubs, of which we are a part, whose gsmes are decided by the goalies. Whichever one players best wins. Demko has been second best during our losses. Once he’s back to Double Bubble Demko we will go on a long winning streak. He is our key piece. Our core is equal to any teams. 

Player for player , i think our core is slightly better than almost any team. Hronek is basically Hughs lite. So we have Hughs Hronek, Petterson and Miller. And Demko. 

But a team on paper and the results are 2 different things 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

one of the worst Defensive performances of the year and then after working so hard to tie the game up ....they fracking stop playing!!! WTAF.....they are fracking pretenders at this stage and until they get their D structure to be more consistent..they are going no where....and FFS bench that chaos Giraffe once and for all.....SHYTE! ...sigh...rant over

Yeah apparently Myers had the highest total time with Jack Hughes out of all of our defencemen

no wonder we lost

that’s a coaching issue…

RT f’ed up those matchups 

Talk about coaching to lose a game

WTAF?!?!?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1