10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Let's look how the core did

Miller - Good

Pettersson - Shit

Boeser - Good

Hughes - Good

Hronek - Good

Demko - Shit

And that's why they lost. They need everyone in the core playing well to beat the good teams.

But it's more good than shit ...

the Math makes no sense 

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Edited by iinatcc

6 hours ago, JamesB said:

Not a crazy idea. If we reach next summer and Petey won't re-sign for a reasonable cap hit and term I would favor the trade.

Hard to tell if Petey likes being here or not. He is definitely tired of losing and he also obviously does not like answering questions from the media. But if the team has a good season -- makes the playoffs and maybe wins a round, I think Petey would be a lot happier.  

Agreed.

I don’t really worry about his happiness, but more about his next contract demands and if the team is willing to pay him $11 or $12MM. 

Not convinced that he’s in that stratosphere of player yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Let's look how the core did

Miller - Good

Pettersson - Shit

Boeser - Good

Hughes - Good

Hronek - Good

Demko - Shit

And that's why they lost. They need everyone in the core playing well to beat the good teams.

Miller has been great this year, but I have seen some of the old habits coming back in the last week or so, I hope he gets back to it.  The point totals are still there, but something seems off with him too lately.  I'm happy to see Boeser scoring again, but I don't notice him otherwise.  Hughes was good offensively, but a train wreck in his own end last night  Hronek's worst game as a Canucks, easily........he was god awful.  Demko wasn't great, but he was completely abandoned by his team last night.  Petey......well he just doesn't look happy.

• ThereItIs 1

To me the loss is mostly frustrating because the team failed to sieze the moment. They tied the game, should have the momentum and let it slip with getting nothing out of the game.

And we have seen this team fail to sieze other moments in the past. Like being flat againts Vegas or the previous seasons when they could have been in a playoff spot if they just played well. 

I guess this is the problem with the core, they can't seem to rise to the occasion.

I'm not concerned about Peteys happiness. He loves it in Vancouver and I'm sure his preference is to stay. It's all about negotiations. 

He's been off lately like we all know. I never thought it was an injury or illness. I think he's feeling the pressure of the contract. His slump started almost simultaneously with media chatter and comments from Allvin about Peteys next contract. I have absolutely no basis, just my own speculation. 

It's a lot easier to build a team if players take discounts. I don't mind him not winning a scoring title in his contract year. 

Just win da turd. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

105 points. 
bow 🙇‍♂️ to the empties.

doubtful at this point.  

Their trend of playing .500 hockey is now longer than their hot start and is indicative of the hockey they've been playing for 3 years.  If they can't right this ship, they'll be on the outside looking in

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

To me the loss is mostly frustrating because the team failed to sieze the moment. They tied the game, should have the momentum and let it slip with getting nothing out of the game.

And we have seen this team fail to sieze other moments in the past. Like being flat againts Vegas or the previous seasons when they could have been in a playoff spot if they just played well. 

I guess this is the problem with the core, they can't seem to rise to the occasion.

That's my feeling as well

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Miller has been great this year, but I have seen some of the old habits coming back in the last week or so, I hope he gets back to it.  The point totals are still there, but something seems off with him too lately.  I'm happy to see Boeser scoring again, but I don't notice him otherwise.  Hughes was good offensively, but a train wreck in his own end last night  Hronek's worst game as a Canucks, easily........he was god awful.  Demko wasn't great, but he was completely abandoned by his team last night.  Petey......well he just doesn't look happy.

I wonder if both Petie and Kuz are being told to work on defense first. If so RT needs to take the governors off. Maybe turn them loose as a option?

meyers cost us 2 point...again... 

He's way out of position, he lost puck battles. he lost 1 on 1. he made some horrible decisions.

He had a mental paralysis in the 2nd goal.

With the game 5-5 in the last minute he had another turnover that  i thought it was a penalty against (but we were local and was the last minute) and it cost posesion and the last goal.

I don't know why and when they start to fix the problem. 

1 minute ago, GasThomas said:

meyers cost us 2 point...again... 

He's way out of position, he lost puck battles. he lost 1 on 1. he made some horrible decisions.

He had a mental paralysis in the 2nd goal.

With the game 5-5 in the last minute he had another turnover that  i thought it was a penalty against (but we were local and was the last minute) and it cost posesion and the last goal.

I don't know why and when they start to fix the problem. 

How did he cost them two points when he was on the ice for one goal against?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

It's a bit extreme to suggest a trade, but you haven't been watching Canucks if you think it's one loss that has fans upset with Pettersson.  Our team hasn't looked good enough for some time now.  I'm very thankful for those early points banked up.

There are definitely some issues to be addressed, with or without Soucy.

My feeling is that the quick start this year was masking the issues we’ve seen and that in the last 10 games or so what we’re seeing now is, in the immortal words of Denny Green, they are who we thought they were… a .500 fringe playoff team.

Edited by MJDDawg
  • Vintage 1

6 losses in 10 games.  Getting close to erasing the start of the season.  There were no systems being deployed last bight, that was just reaction chaos and ZERO trust amongst the players that everyone else was going to do their job.  Tocchet is going to have to beat the system back into them.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

Demko was terrible and he’d say that too. He’s 200% why we lost that game. Hughes is a phenom. Hronek is great. Canucks are great!

bow to the empties. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

My feeling is that the quick start this year was masking the issues we’ve seen and that in the last 10 games or so what we’re seeing now is, in the immortal words of Denny Green, they are who we thought they were… a .500 fringe playoff team.

They've moved away from their tighter defensive/systems play that had them winning earlier in the season. Too many costly breakdowns, odd man rushes etc that Demko hasn't been stopping lately (he doesn't look his usual sharp self either). Don't know if it's a banged up/fatigue issue or what... But their not playing winning hockey AGAIN.

Most of the team has lacked focus, sharpness and that extra willingness/gear to lay their body on the line for the win.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, aGENT said:

They've moved away from their tighter defensive/systems play that had them winning earlier in the season. Too many costly breakdowns, odd man rushes etc that Demko hasn't been stopping lately (he doesn't look his usual sharp self either). Don't know if it's a banged up/fatigue issue or what... But their not playing winning hockey AGAIN.

Most of the team has lacked focus, sharpness and that extra willingness/gear to lay their body on the line for the win.

And it's only early December. 😞

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Demko was terrible and he’d say that too. He’s 200% why we lost that game. Hughes is a phenom. Hronek is great. Canucks are great!

bow to the empties. 

Damn right, we gotta look at the positives. Bottom 6 made an impact, Hoglander climber the ladder in one game and earned top line looks which got us back into the game and tied it up.

we over came 2, 3 goal deficits in the same game. 3 goals to tie it in the 3rd period and lets not kid ourselves either, NJD is a fuckin good team when healthy. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

bow to the empties. 

4 goals on 9 shots to start the game. Demko forced his team to have to score 5 goals against a good team, to win the game. Totally changed the game plan and they chased all game, playing catch-up. Exciting ending, but so disappointing after coming back like that. 

Petey had a great start to the year against the weaker teams, but he's been a no-show for several games now. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And it's only early December. 😞

I'm not so worried about that. They're not machines. Even good teams have periods of down play throughout the season. And we don't know who's dealing with what... Injuries, illness etc. We're also clearly missing Soucy and Suter, particularly on the PK.

But at some point, they need to pull up here. I'm surprised DeSmith hasn't had a couple more starts with how unsharp Demko has looked. If we can play ~.500+ until the Christmas break, get some guys rested, get Soucy and Suter back, add Bear and finish the season strong, we should be ok. But they have to actually DO IT.

• Like 2