HKSR

To VAN:

Josh Norris

Artem Zub

To OTT:

Elias Pettersson

Tyler Myers ($1M retained by VAN)

Filip Johansson

OTT does this as Petey is a solid upgrade on Norris.  Gives them a 1-2 punch of Petey and Stutzle down the middle for the next decade.  They also acquire a very good prospect in Johansson for development (not far off from NHL services IMO).  Myers moved for cap purposes, but gives them a usable RHD for the remainder of this season.

VAN acquires a very good and young centreman, likely more of a top tier 2C that can play behind Miller.  He's also locked in for the long term.  Artem Zub gives the Canucks the solid 2nd pair RHD they desperately need right now.  The new Tanev for the Canucks.  Defensively one of the best.

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Norris-Kuzmenko

Garland-Suter-Joshua

Aman-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Zub

Soucy-Juulsen/Friedman/Bear (if we sign him)

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

Josh Norris

Artem Zub

To OTT:

Elias Pettersson

Tyler Myers ($1M retained by VAN)

Filip Johansson

OTT does this as Petey is a solid upgrade on Norris.  Gives them a 1-2 punch of Petey and Stutzle down the middle for the next decade.  They also acquire a very good prospect in Johansson for development (not far off from NHL services IMO).  Myers moved for cap purposes, but gives them a usable RHD for the remainder of this season.

VAN acquires a very good and young centreman, likely more of a top tier 2C that can play behind Miller.  He's also locked in for the long term.  Artem Zub gives the Canucks the solid 2nd pair RHD they desperately need right now.  The new Tanev for the Canucks.  Defensively one of the best.

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Norris-Kuzmenko

Garland-Suter-Joshua

Aman-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Zub

Soucy-Juulsen/Friedman/Bear (if we sign him)

You know what's funny?  I was actually on the verge of creating a "Pettersson proposal idea" thread earlier today but then deleted it half-way because I didn't think it would fly on here.  With my Laine idea in another thread, I wanted to limit my shitty ideas and so I deleted half-way.

But - having said that, I like your thought process a lot.  Like you said, Norris is signed long term to a good cap hit.   My concern with Pettersson is that if he 'strikes gold' this off-season and gets something north of 11 million, it will be difficult for the Canucks to build depth in their line-up.....the type of depth that wins you a cup (see Chicago, LA, and Pittsburgh from 2010-2017).  All of those teams had relative low C.H% to their top players which allowed these teams to invest heavier in depth.  Ditto for both Boston and Vancouver in 2011.  

The proposal I had in mind from earlier today was Cozens and Power from Buffalo, but your proposal is probably more realistic.  

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Dude falls into a slump and you want to dump him for a 2nd line centre?

So 34 points in 26 games is a slump? At the pace he is putting up points, he would finish this season with 107 points. And yet there are people who want to trade him. WTF more does a guy have to do to be left tf alone?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

So 34 points in 26 games is a slump? At the pace he is putting up points, he would finish this season with 107 points. And yet there are people who want to trade him. WTF more does a guy have to do to be left tf alone?

Oh yeah, he's definitely in a mini slump.  Not sure why you're assessing his production for the entire season.  The Canucks we saw during the first 15 games are not the same as the team we've watched the last 10.

image.png.f939a9f04e43130fbe4768d9524c2ca4.png

10 points in the last 13 games, and hasn't looked very effective in that span either.  Have you been actually watching the games?

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You guys do realize Artem Zub is in that package too right?  Arguably one of the best defensive defencemen in the entire NHL...

Yeah, but Ottawa doesn't need Pettersson when they have not only Norris, but a legit top line stud in Stutzle.. 

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Probably the only player I'd be real happy with in a trade for Petey is Leo Carlsson....

J. Hughes 1 for 1 would be nice, they wont do that as they are S M R T and locked him up to an 8yr 8m deal...Canucks chose a 3yr 7.35m deal instead cause they went out and added Schmidt before locking up your teams TOP 2 young guns and now we are gonna pay the price if and when EP signs a deal his cap hit will be 3-4m higher than J. Hughes...he ain't worth that much more but this is what happens when you have the WORST GM in Canucks history

54 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

10 points in the last 13 games, and hasn't looked very effective in that span either.  Have you been actually watching the games?

Some players would kill for a slump like 10 points in 13 games, and others might consider it very effective. Yes, Petey is struggling, but to say he has been ineffective isn't correct. And when you ask if I am watching the games, which I am, are you trying to imply that I am stupid, blind, ignorant or not as wise as you? What would "effective" look like to you? Three points every game? Total domination in every aspect of the game? What?

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Some players would kill for a slump like 10 points in 13 games, and others might consider it very effective. Yes, Petey is struggling, but to say he has been ineffective isn't correct. And when you ask if I am watching the games, which I am, are you trying to imply that I am stupid, blind, ignorant or not as wise as you? What would "effective" look like to you? Three points every game? Total domination in every aspect of the game? What?

Just better to use that special feature on this website called ignore to users like this...they seem to have nothing better to do, I just ignore them!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You are the one trying to spin this as a whole.  There have been two halves to this season.  You don't even have to watch the games to have realized that - we are 4W, 6L in our past 10 games.

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Problem is then we have only Miller as a decent centre right now?

Brady is awesome. But we'd need an NHL ready centre too.

I think we'd be able to attract one in free agency. There has to be a Millstein client we could put between Kuzy and Mik. 

Brady-Miller-Boeser would be a dominant line.

Just now, Alflives said:

That poster is a Habs’ fan. They be fishing. Oh 

Oh I know. Still smarting over that oversized Steve Bernier clone I think.

We don't know what Allvin and other GM's might cook up. I can tell you Petey won't be lost for a crap return like Benning. Allvin will be proactive.

• Like 1