[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't really like how quick people are to turn on Kuzmenko. Especially on a team that features bounce back stars like Pettersson, Demko and Boeser.

What fans say doesn't matter to me.

It's like complaining about the TV announcers.  Who the f cares. 

Kuz needs to play better.  Tocchet and coaches are working with him.  If he doesn't fit the team, then PA can move him. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't really like how quick people are to turn on Kuzmenko. Especially on a team that features bounce back stars like Pettersson, Demko and Boeser.

Exactly this. Especially since he obviously needs to learn how to be a better all around player, do the right things, and play within a system. He can't get there without struggling.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

It doesn't take long...

So far it has been Brock, Miller, Petey, Garland and now Kuz... 

Think it's fair to make suggestions about roster changes in order to get max value for dollars and improve parts of the roster. 

In saying that, I agree it doesn't take much to get folks going.

Yesterday it was Petey that should be shipped out unless he signs for $3.95...

I have zero doubt Kuz will do well on an NHL team, but he needs time to change on to Tocchets kind of hockey... Whether he can do that, remains to be seen. But christ, give him some time...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Yup -  all the joy and spontaneity sucked out of Kuzy in Tocchet's attempt to turn him into Tanner Pearson.   Must be affecting Petey as well - how many assists did he get last season on Kuzzy's 39 goals?

According to Captain Quinn, from day one of training camp they’ve been preaching how EVERY player has a voice in the room. From the lowliest AHL call up to the highest paid star. 

So if, as you suggest, Petey is unhappy that RT’s system is depriving Kuz of scoring opportunities and thus robbing him of points to leverage his next contract (my suggestion, not yours), why doesn’t he speak up and insist that the system needs tweaking to accommodate our more offence-first style players?

Why aren’t other players speaking up and challenging the coaches to better deploy them and their talents with an altered or differently balanced implementation of systems?

Why doesn’t Demko say he’s gassed, off his game and in need of a rest/reset/etc?

Do they all truly have a voice or was all that just lip service to lead us to believe the culture had changed and things were going to be different?

I’d like to believe it’s true but suspect that, for the most part at least, it goes about as far as the suggestions box at city hall or the employee satisfaction surveys at the agency I work for 🤣

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I just hope they don't let things linger, get him in somewhere and let him work it out, or move on. We don't need a disgruntled player issue in the room. Not saying its gone that far just don't want to see it happen.

Exactly. At this point he may still be tradable for a decent return, he does have a pretty hefty cap hit, so try and work it out, talk to him in depth and make a decision.

• ThereItIs 2