[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It doesn't take long...

So far it has been Brock, Miller, Petey, Garland and now Kuz... 

Think it's fair to make suggestions about roster changes in order to get max value for dollars and improve parts of the roster. 

In saying that, I agree it doesn't take much to get folks going.

Yesterday it was Petey that should be shipped out unless he signs for $3.95...

I have zero doubt Kuz will do well on an NHL team, but he needs time to change on to Tocchets kind of hockey... Whether he can do that, remains to be seen. But christ, give him some time...

I just don't see scratching Kuz as an effective method.  He needs to be relaxed to be effective and all this is accomplishing is getting him to grip his stick tighter.  Tocchet needs to treat him similar to Kessel in Arizona.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I just don't see scratching Kuz as an effective method.  He needs to be repeated relaxed to be effective and all this is accomplishing is getting him to grip his stick tighter.  Tocchet needs to treat him similar to Kessel in Arizona.

Yes I think you are right on this one... I also think, if he could pot a few, it would cheer him up and get him going...

Kuz is not a youngster any more, so if he has to learn to change his game, it might be a big deal... He is trying though, and hope he is given a long leash.

What the future holds for Petey/Garland/Boeser/Kuzmenko only management knows, for cap reasons, but if we are going to push on this season, we need all hands to the pumps... if not right now then hopefully not too far into the future.

Just hope it doesn't go by the way of another Russian, who had Pronger videos as night stories...

Edited by spook007
  • ThereItIs 1

Just hope the team can slowly get out of this rough stretch..  a lot of sloppy play ( missing couple key defenseman) and petey not carrying a line.  Hopefully they can get back to good habits defensively with everyone sticking to their roles..  all teams have patches like this and if the worst stretches are still 500 hockey,, things really arent that bad are they?

44 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What fans say doesn't matter to me.

It's like complaining about the TV announcers.  Who the f cares. 

Kuz needs to play better.  Tocchet and coaches are working with him.  If he doesn't fit the team, then PA can move him. 

Kuz is a one way player. It's toccs job to find a way to utilize him instead of trying to turn him into  Selke candidate

Kuz will put it together.

Last season, his first, he was able to play loose and creatively. Tocchet can't let him play that way otherwise he'd have to do the same with others. And that would be like playing under Bruce. Under Tocchet everyone has to be accountable to playing the right way. 

This season Kuz can't play that loose, he needs to be more responsible. Tocchet picked up on that immediately last season. No wonder he's struggling. This season is the opposite.

He will put it together, it's just going to take time.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

No Kuz

That's a sad story.

The kid was electric, best attitude on the squad.

Too much smile.

Toch no like. 

What a waste. 

Yeah Kuz is great. He's always super happy and I have a feeling that he's also got the character to work through this. I've been concerned for him myself. It must be a little confusing and hurtful going through this period of negativity after how everything was so rosy last year. Like you said he's got a great attitude. I'm hoping he figures it out.

48 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What fans say doesn't matter to me.

It's like complaining about the TV announcers.  Who the f cares. 

Kuz needs to play better.  Tocchet and coaches are working with him.  If he doesn't fit the team, then PA can move him. 

Exactly. People shouldn't be down on him and we should really learn our lessons from players like Petey, and Miller. Remember how down people were on Petey to start last year, then he finished great, then this year people were saying sign him for $13.5 mil and now it's back to trade him, or we're getting him for $9-$10. I'm sure he'll bounce back too and everyone will back on his jock again.

44 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Free kuzy, not every player needs to be 2 way grinding forechecker, tocc needs to realize that

Yeah it's a two edged sword. Every player should be able to be held to a high standard. On one hand I wonder if eventually RT will just give in a build a sheltered role for him if he can't figure it out. On the other hand if you have guys playing prominent roles who can't be bothered to to buy in it can be pretty hard to win when it counts. Hopefully there is a happy medium out there somewhere.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Great to see Hogz on the 2nd line. Finally. Now hopefully RT keeps him there long enough to settle in and make a difference. 

Nice to see Hogs get rewarded, he's been a force out there. 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1