[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

7 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

That's quite the accusation of his character. He's from a tiny little village up in the north. I only mention that because there is no big city diva to be found anywhere close to where he comes from. He struggles with english and is quite the shy (and humble) guy. I thought that was known? 

His best friends back in Sweden are former refugees that Petey + fam took in and they now are like brothers. 

Get out of here with that crap. Such a low thing to call someone a snob who couldn't be further from it. It's so weird to me to go out of your way to bash someone elses morality or character when you know absolutely nothing about them. 

OMG another one. Go have a good cry already for fuck sakes.

He does come across as snobbish, and selfish too, it's my opinion, I'm just not married to him like you are.

And sweet story about the "refugees", I'm of Swedish heritage too, and Swedes are known to be very generous, not just the multi-millionaires like Petey.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't really like how quick people are to turn on Kuzmenko. Especially on a team that features bounce back stars like Pettersson, Demko and Boeser.

it isn't news that 98% of the people on this website aren't capable of seeing beyond the ends of their noses. 

• Haha 2

Getting a few sad and confused emoji's over my opinions and questions about Toch.

So, I feel better. 

This fan base is knowledgeable and if most of you are completely sold on the idea that this guy is the one to take us to the promise land...awesome.

I'll trust in you CFF. But please do let me know if any doubts creep in. 

It could be a gamble if we blame any slide by the team on this or that player and not the coach. The squad is good enough to make the dance and then some. We have great asst coaches and a GM that is doing very good. Its all on Rick imo. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Despicable Me Please GIF

a bounce back game is definitely needed after shyte show of last game, I know my wish won't come true in terms of Myers being benched as RT seems to have this hard on for him....sigh...here is hoping the rest of the Nucks decide to play better D.....and not suffering from PTSD of the last game....

Myers was on the ice for 1 goal, Hughes for 3 and hronek for 4 I think.  Should they bench hronek?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Getting a few sad and confused emoji's over my opinions and questions about Toch.

So, I feel better. 

This fan base is knowledgeable and if most of you are completely sold on the idea that this guy is the one to take us to the promise land...awesome.

I'll trust in you CFF. But please do let me know if any doubts creep in. 

It could be a gamble if we blame any slide by the team on this or that player and not the coach. The squad is good enough to make the dance and then some. We have great asst coaches and a GM that is doing very good. Its all on Rick imo. 

I'm not completely sold, but I don't think they'd fire him for the reason of optics alone

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Myers was on the ice for 1 goal, Hughes for 3 and hronek for 4 I think.  Should they bench hronek?

IF Hronek is awful more often than not, absolutely a benching is warranted, but a night like that was outside of his norm.

And Myers' play was more egregious, no? I actually think he wasn't bad, except for the gaffe(s), and therein lies the rub, it's the obvious mistakes he is prone to when under pressure. The others definitely weren't good either, bad actually, but it is much, much less rare an occasion for them to shit the bed than it is with CG.

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

OMG another one. Go have a good cry already for fuck sakes.

He does come across as snobbish, and selfish too, it's my opinion, I'm just not married to him like you are.

And sweet story about the "refugees", I'm of Swedish heritage too, and Swedes are known to be very generous, not just the multi-millionaires like Petey.

Wow.   Who's the snob really.   Bet you're bitter because of something else.  EPs salt of the earth.  Would you prefer your stars are born and raised in the upper crust of Vancouver? 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I still think they should split up H and H, we have some players with size and reach and I think they would both benefit with a partner like that IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Honestly… I’ll take RT at the mic over almost any of our past coaches all day long. Totally open and transparent, gives sincere thought to the questions and incredibly thorough, detailed responses. 

But damn… if I was on the coaching staff of an opposition team rolling into town I’d feel almost blessed with all the opportunities to assess and exploit our team based on how much he offers up.

I wonder if Alvin or others aren’t watching these and sometimes cringing and thinking, “Rick! STFU bro!” 🤣

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I still think they should split up H and H, we have some players with size and reach and I think they would both benefit with a partner like that IMHO.

I agree this would balance out the pairings.

I'd go as far as say put Hronek on PP1 and Hughes on PP2, and reverse for the PK. PK1 Hughes, PK2 Hronek.

That should hopefully also reduce their workload?

• Like 1

Just now, Steamer4GM said:

Honestly… I’ll take RT at the mic over almost any of our past coaches all day long. Totally open and transparent, gives sincere thought to the questions and incredibly thorough, detailed responses. 

But damn… if I was on the coaching staff of an opposition team rolling into town I’d feel almost blessed with all the opportunities to assess and exploit our team based on how much he offers up.

I wonder if Alvin or others aren’t watching these and sometimes cringing and thinking, “Rick! STFU bro!” 🤣

As a player I'd be happy the Coach trusts us to get better on our own. Before the beatdowns begin.

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, you're right; somebody calling themselves A Large Dog.

And.. we didn't even have music videos when I was in high school.

Juke Box attached to a very good sound system in the school cafeteria though.

MTV/MuchMusic exploded just as I was hitting the last couple years of high school. Vids were so low budget and cheesy for the most part but man did it make music consumption into a whole new thing in many ways

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Wow.   Who's the snob really.   Bet you're bitter because of something else.  EPs salt of the earth.  Would you prefer your stars are born and raised in the upper crust of Vancouver? 

Glad you think you've got it all figured out. Cheers.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I remember when people wanted to split up the twins but it never happened 

IMG_1756.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Only in playoffs, only in playoffs…

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

IF Hronek is awful more often than not, absolutely a benching is warranted, but a night like that was outside of his norm.

It was absolutely out of the norm. The guy's going to have bad games. He's not going to be awful more often than not.

Think about this as far as benchings are concerned ... if Myers isn't getting benched on the regular, Hronek most definitely isn't getting benched at all. 

And ...

There's no doubt that some people have been on the edge of their seat for months, rocking back and forth, seething, drooling, frothing at the mouth,  ready and waiting to pounce on Hronek for anything negative. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As a player I'd be happy the Coach trusts us to get better on our own. Before the beatdowns begin.

Might be my reading comprehension but I’m failing to understand what your comment has to do with what I posted about other teams scouting us via RT’ transparency 🤔