[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

23 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

IF Hronek is awful more often than not, absolutely a benching is warranted, but a night like that was outside of his norm.

And Myers' play was more egregious, no? I actually think he wasn't bad, except for the gaffe(s), and therein lies the rub, it's the obvious mistakes he is prone to when under pressure. The others definitely weren't good either, bad actually, but it is much, much less rare an occasion for them to shit the bed than it is with CG.

Of course, but he makes a lot more good plays than bad ones, but he's just a target for people who need to lash out

• Cheers 1

The top 6 have to be firing on all cylinders tonight, the Wild have won 4 straight and won't be an easy opponent, contrary to their league standing.

Hopefully the boys can minimize their giveaways and mental lapses too, and special teams will need timely kills and PPG's. 

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of course, but he makes a lot more good plays than bad ones, but he's just a target for people who need to lash out

Fair enough, let's hope he can get back to that recent stretch where (I thought) he was playing much better.

We can't afford gaffes from anyone the way the team is floundering right now.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Goddammit I wish I could hear these things. This is my brand new computer and I still can't hear these interviews unless I put my ear right close.

:classic_biggrin: I must have the same computer or the same type of ears. I am going with the computer too.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Goddammit I wish I could hear these things. This is my brand new computer and I still can't hear these interviews unless I put my ear right close.

Take the clear wrapping tape off of the speaker!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

That's quite the accusation of his character. He's from a tiny little village up in the north. I only mention that because there is no big city diva to be found anywhere close to where he comes from. He struggles with english and is quite the shy (and humble) guy. I thought that was known? 

His best friends back in Sweden are former refugees that Petey + fam took in and they now are like brothers. 

Get out of here with that crap. Such a low thing to call someone a snob who couldn't be further from it. It's so weird to me to go out of your way to bash someone elses morality or character when you know absolutely nothing about them. 

I realize my response was harsh, and I offer my apologies. Cheers.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Nah, JR/PA may still have work to do. Tocchet is getting as much as he can out of these players. Only so much you can get out of Juulsen, Friedman and Aman. Management is invested in Tocchet, so I think they'll give him a long leash.

IMO, these players need to be much better if they want playoffs:

Pettersson

Kuzmenko

Garland

Di Giuseppe

Myers

Demko

Maybe they trade some before then.

I agree with you, BUT they aren't terrible as long as Petterson isn't taking a month off like he just did.

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What we are seeing is team facing adversity, some star players slumping (EP for eg), d core collectively getting sloppy etc.  

We've seen this before, but this season is different since they had a great start and seems to be very good at not giving up leads.  13-0 or so when leading after two? 

So while the last 10 games they are playing worse compared to the start, I don't think it's time to panic either.  They need to learn to play out of this, and I think they can.   

Coaches will do what they need to win. Players are held accountable. It's all good.  

We'll see a different, better team in the second half after Christmas. That break will do them good. We've seen this before, learning from and correcting the blown leads and third period collapses a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Great point Edgar. What are we trying to accomplish here, Kuzy scoring 40 goals, or us winning a playoff round or two? I mean it seems cruel to some but really it's just hocky and asking Kuz to incorporate some things into his game that will help  the team win when it counts.

The bottom line is this team is doing far better with Kuzy struggling and were leading the league with 101 goals. When I look at it that way it doesn't seem like that big of a deal really. Imagine when he starts figuring it out and clicking a bit. He's still on pace for 53 points at a .65 per game pace. Last year he was 74 points at a .91 pace. We should expect a little positive regression. Also the sophomore slump is very real so all in all I'd say it's not as bad as it feels. Hr just needs some time to work through it.

but, you gotta get there to do it and right now, if they don't right this ship, they're going to be hard pressed to get in.......even with the hot start.  They can't be a .500 team for 5 months and expect to be in the post season

Edited by stawns
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We'll see a different, better team in the second half after Christmas. That break will do them good. We've seen this before, learning from and correcting the blown leads and third period collapses a couple years ago.

I wouldn't call it a "break", it's 4 days off.  They certainly can get it together and roll into the post season with some security if they put some heart and discipline back into their game

It’s funny how all Canucks media was celebrating like the oilers missed the playoffs and now they almost back to 500

they can easily overtake us if Canucks don’t go on a run 

Edited by Zodiak
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just stay above water this month, until the calvary arrives.  Soucy and Suter adds so much depth.  QH and Hornek are burnt out i think, if they are not injured. Tocchet overplayed them out of necessity..

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

It’s funny how all Canucks media was celebrating like the oilers missed the playoffs and now they almost back to 500

they can easily overtake us if Canucks don’t go on a run 

it wasn't just the media, 95% of the posters here were shouting down who even remotely hinted that the season was only 15 games old and that there were some concerning trends showing in their game and that the Oilers were starting to come back online

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Just stay above water this month, until the calvary arrives.  Soucy and Suter adds so much depth.  QH and Hornek are burnt out i think, if they are not injured. Tocchet overplayed them out of necessity..

Exactly this. They've burned out and need a rest physically and mentally. We're going to see a big difference when healthy.