[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

19 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Fair enough, let's hope he can get back to that recent stretch where (I thought) he was playing much better.

We can't afford gaffes from anyone the way the team is floundering right now.

no argument here.........for me, I always try and remember that a goal against is rarely ever on one player or even one play.  It's comes from a series of events, usually mistakes, made by several players on the ice.  Unfortunately for dmen and goalies, there usually the most visible part of that process.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't call it a "break", it's 4 days off.  They certainly can get it together and roll into the post season with some security if they put some heart and discipline back into their game

Well, they don't call it Christmas "break" for nothing. They need to clock out physically and mentally, reset ... so any break will help. 

25 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

The top 6 have to be firing on all cylinders tonight, the Wild have won 4 straight and won't be an easy opponent, contrary to their league standing.

Hopefully the boys can minimize their giveaways and mental lapses too, and special teams will need timely kills and PPG's. 

the canucks never match up well against the Wild, so let's hope that loss motivated them to get their game together

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

That's quite the accusation of his character. He's from a tiny little village up in the north. I only mention that because there is no big city diva to be found anywhere close to where he comes from. He struggles with english and is quite the shy (and humble) guy. I thought that was known? 

His best friends back in Sweden are former refugees that Petey + fam took in and they now are like brothers. 

Get out of here with that crap. Such a low thing to call someone a snob who couldn't be further from it. It's so weird to me to go out of your way to bash someone elses morality or character when you know absolutely nothing about them. 

I second that emotion ✌️

24 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I realize my response was harsh, and I offer my apologies. Cheers.

I have to take part of the blame as my initial reply suggested Petey might be pissy that the system’s impact on Kuzy might ultimately drive hos contract down. Totally speculative conclusion to draw and not terribly fair when I have no evidence for this whatsoever

“It takes a village to burn itself to the ground”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

the canucks never match up well against the Wild, so let's hope that loss motivated them to get their game together

Nope, they never do, do they? Like u said, hopefully they come out and change that narrative, and play with purpose and direction

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

I have to take part of the blame as my initial reply suggested Petey might be pissy that the system’s impact on Kuzy might ultimately drive hos contract down. Totally speculative conclusion to draw and not terribly fair when I have no evidence for this whatsoever

I do think it's fair to say his body language indicates he might not be happy atm

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

no argument here.........for me, I always try and remember that a goal against is rarely ever on one player or even one play.  It's comes from a series of events, usually mistakes, made by several players on the ice.  Unfortunately for dmen and goalies, there usually the most visible part of that process.  

I dont necessarily agree with this.  Compared to other sports, I think hockey is a highly random game where the inferior team still has a decent chance of winning.  This is because hockey is a game of broken plays.  Nothing happens the way you expect it.  It's unpredictable.

A mistake in basketball is a guaranteed bucket.  A mistake in soccer leads to an extremely high scoring chance.  A mistake in hockey is not as costly, unless you really screwed up.

My point here is that sometimes it is just one flukey play that can change the outcome of a game.  But once patterns start to emerge (ie. Kuzmenko not defending or "whoever offense" on Myers), it's the coach's job to address it.  

• Vintage 1

A memory just popped in my head.

Wellwood had a picture taken near a pool, where he was showing that he had quite a belly.

I think it was Kes, or maybe KB3 that said " yeah, Kyles got a dick-do right now"

Anyone remember what dick-do means?  😆

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

It's all good, just like the team, I was having a bad day. We're not immune to that 😊

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wellwood had a picture taken near a pool, where he was showing that he had quite a belly.

I think it was Kes, or maybe KB3 that said " yeah, Kyles got a dick-do right now"

It is when a stomach sticks out further than a dick. 
Not a proper medical term btw. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I dont necessarily agree with this.  Compared to other sports, I think hockey is a highly random game where the inferior team still has a decent chance of winning.  This is because hockey is a game of broken plays.  Nothing happens the way you expect it.  It's unpredictable.

A mistake in basketball is a guaranteed bucket.  A mistake in soccer leads to an extremely high scoring chance.  A mistake in hockey is not as costly, unless you really screwed up.

My point here is that sometimes it is just one flukey play that can change the outcome of a game.  But once patterns start to emerge (ie. Kuzmenko not defending or "whoever offense" on Myers), it's the coach's job to address it.  

This is so true. Hockey is a game of mistakes. Using your examples, don't forget baseball where a mistake actually shows up on the scoreboard as an error, lol. Imagine keeping track of errors on the scoreboard in hockey!? One less costly mistake by the Canucks last game vs the Devils and Coles shot goes post and in and we win. A lot of times the games come down to one less costly mistake and you win. Crazy really.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

It is when a stomach sticks out further than a dick. 
Not a proper medical term btw. 

What?!

I thought for sure they taught that at med school.

You should be telling your chubby patients...."your belly sticks out further than your dick-do. Hit the gym!"

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

image.png.f8576636fe9ae32e6d5127f7e099c9e9.png

😆😆😆

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

With hockey mistakes are made and can lead to more mistakes like you said, or be corrected immediately. It's a crazy game. Imagine baseball where you make an error in the field, and you may not see another ball till midway through the next game. Crazy. It's probably why we all love this game so much. Emotions combined with so much action, speed, and skill that bring so many possibilities and scenarios. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

image.png.f8576636fe9ae32e6d5127f7e099c9e9.png

😆😆😆

Does anyone remember when Hockey Independant ran a fake story about Welly and SOB being disciplined for organizing a pizza crawl as the Canucks went into Chicago for their 2nd round matchup? NBC didn’t get the joke and ran it as a real story. NBC said that “the Canucks’ press office could not immediately confirm the report” and then published the HI’s fake screengrab. :classic_laugh:

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

OMG another one. Go have a good cry already for fuck sakes.

He does come across as snobbish, and selfish too, it's my opinion, I'm just not married to him like you are.

And sweet story about the "refugees", I'm of Swedish heritage too, and Swedes are known to be very generous, not just the multi-millionaires like Petey.

So, I’m assuming that you know him personally ?