[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

In all seriousness though I wonder if Rick is telling Miller to smarten up or something about his play again…

Well I guess the good thing is that Rick has a definite vision as to what he wants for this team and he’s not gonna let anybody mess that up

I guess he understands how to win games.

58 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I realize my response was harsh, and I offer my apologies. Cheers.

Not to worry, I took no offense. 

I feel like I do have to mention that I am Swedish, born and raised and currently living in Sweden. With your heritage, I take it for granted that you're really good looking and awesome at everything just like myself and the rest of our brothers. You like meatballs? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Not to worry, I took no offense. 

I feel like I do have to mention that I am Swedish, born and raised and currently living in Sweden. With your heritage, I take it for granted that you're really good looking and awesome at everything just like myself and the rest of our brothers. You like meatballs? 

Can you say, IKEA? 😆😆😆

Edited by Sophomore Jinx

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Thank f its not my nose.... 

Once seen leeches used to suck out blood. Disgusting....

Even worse, try and decide how to get them off your nether parts.   Knife is out of the question.   Salt just makes them wiggle a bit.  Get your mate to use a lighter! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Can you say, IKEA? 😆😆😆

Maybe this is PM material but please tell me that is not your only experience of Swedish meatballs. That's like the airplane food version of it and I think they serve it with broccoli in N.A? That's sacrilege.

When I make it over to Vancouver, home cooked meatballs in my AirBnb before pre-game beers and a Canucks win? 

image.png.a86f41d1e3d7ffebee79abbf32b366af.png

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

*Shocking* Really dude???

Blah blah blah, excuses, you forgot to mention his phantom injury haha.

I'm glad you think he's "working on it" too though, that's mighty encouraging, we're all waiting lol...and a "superstar" needing to work on things, that's rich.

And yes, he's definitely lacking in other areas, glaringly so, that's the gist of my opinion, and I will stand by mine, whether it offends your vulnerable sensibilities or not, just as you're free to do the same, m'kay?

He was slashed in the wrist in a few weeks ago. He's been putting Kazushi Sakaraba tape on it ever since, you didn't notice?

He's re tapping it every time they show him on the bench. 

I've seen it a hundred times, a player plays through it and it takes awhile before he can rip the puck the way he was. I think he's ok now, his shot was clocked at 95 mph last game, haven't seen that in a couple weeks.

I'm not going to complain about a two week dip in production, especially when he's still on pace for over 100 points and it was beyond obvious it was his wrist bothering him.

It's hockey, players play through stuff all the time.

• Cheers 1

Glad Demko is resting, kinda seems like something is off with his game lately. Hopefully it's nothing that few days off can't fix.

Would be nice to see the Canucks play a complete game again. Been a little while since they looked like a legit playoff team for 3 full periods.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

He was slashed in the wrist in a few weeks ago. He's been putting Kazushi Sakaraba tape on it ever since, you didn't notice?

He's re tapping it every time they show him on the bench. 

I've seen it a hundred times, a player plays through it and it takes awhile before he can rip the puck the way he was. I think he's ok now, his shot was clocked at 95 mph last game, haven't seen that in a couple weeks.

I'm not going to complain about a two week dip in production, especially when he's still on pace for over 100 points and it was beyond obvious it was his wrist bothering him.

It's hockey, players play through stuff all the time.

Some players do tape their wrists when they're not injured though, just for support or to prevent injuries....just sayin'

6 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Maybe this is PM material but please tell me that is not your only experience of Swedish meatballs. That's like the airplane food version of it and I think they serve it with broccoli in N.A? That's sacrilege.

When I make it over to Vancouver, home cooked meatballs in my AirBnb before pre-game beers and a Canucks win? 

I was being facetious haha

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

My mother was Swedish/Norwegian, so I grew up eating some very good food, including meatballs

• Vintage 1

The team will turn around after Christmas, after a mental reset, and get back to being a better team. We all know what they're capable of and they can't correct mistakes without adversity.

And it's going to be sweet when they do. So where they are now will change ... like peaks and valleys, ebb and flow. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rekker said:

With hockey mistakes are made and can lead to more mistakes like you said, or be corrected immediately. It's a crazy game. Imagine baseball where you make an error in the field, and you may not see another ball till midway through the next game. Crazy. It's probably why we all love this game so much. Emotions combined with so much action, speed, and skill that bring so many possibilities and scenarios. 

No other game is so fluid and reliant on all players working together to be successful and when a goal is scored, it's usually pretty easy to run the play back and see the series of mistakes that were made that led to it.  So for all the "Myers cost us the game" vitriol, theres usually several other players who made mistakes leading up to the goal as well 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The team will turn around after Christmas, after a mental reset, and get back to being a better team. We all know what they're capable of and they can't correct mistakes without adversity.

And it's going to be sweet when they do. So where they are now will change ... like peaks and valleys, ebb and flow. 

Great attitude, it's actually rubbing off on my cynicism of late 😁

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Ahh, KUz in.

There you go Rick, figure out a way to use that talent.

If we miss the playoffs will Toch be fired?

He has him on the first power play unit, as he did last game. Is he supposed to hold his hand till he gets a goal as well?

It's not like he dropped him down the lineup either, he went from playing with Petey and Mik to playing with Miler and Boeser, the points leader and goal leader. He needs to back check, let's start there.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I do think a rest and reset will help. Talent is there, they seem tired. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No other game is so fluid and reliant on all players working together to be successful and when a goal is scored, it's usually pretty easy to run the play back and see the series of mistakes that were made that led to it.  So for all the "Myers cost us the game" vitriol, theres usually several other players who made mistakes leading up to the goal as well 

True, but to be fair it can be off-putting to line mates to see the same mistakes more oft than not, and maybe they run out of GAF's? Of course they shouldn't, being pros, but they're young, and they are human?

I still remember from decades ago, hating a certain puck hog on my other wing, it created dissention in the ranks and peeps stopped passing to him. It hurt everyone involved, and drove the coach nuts lol.