[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

No other game is so fluid and reliant on all players working together to be successful and when a goal is scored, it's usually pretty easy to run the play back and see the series of mistakes that were made that led to it.  So for all the "Myers cost us the game" vitriol, theres usually several other players who made mistakes leading up to the goal as well 

I can't defend Myers, he's atrocious. However, last game JT, Kuz made costly mistakes. No one hinged properly on Hroneks wall pinch, Zads was in no mans land on one goal. Bunch of players standing around on another goal. But ya, not all on Myers for sure. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

He has him on the first power play unit, as he did last game. Is he supposed to hold his hand till he gets a goal as well?

It's not like he dropped him down the lineup either, he went from playing with Petey and Mik to playing with Miler and Boeser, the points leader and goal leader. He needs to back check, let's start there.

Demko needs to play better. Let’s start there. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

the canucks never match up well against the Wild, so let's hope that loss motivated them to get their game together

Nux did eliminate them in the playoffs play in during the COVID cup. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He needs to be better too. Our goaltending has let us down over the last month. With Demko especially we should always have an advantage in goal. But he’s been second best too often for quite a while. 

Ya, it seemed like not too long ago, all in Canuckland were screaming for Vezina's and Jennings, they were both playing so well.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I can't defend Myers, he's atrocious. However, last game JT, Kuz made costly mistakes. No one hinged properly on Hroneks wall pinch, Zads was in no mans land on one goal. Bunch of players standing around on another goal. But ya, not all on Myers for sure. 

There's just no way to defend the contract and what he has produced here. If he was making 2.5 mil no one would care.

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

No other game is so fluid and reliant on all players working together to be successful and when a goal is scored, it's usually pretty easy to run the play back and see the series of mistakes that were made that led to it.  So for all the "Myers cost us the game" vitriol, theres usually several other players who made mistakes leading up to the goal as well 

Just not as often or obvious

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

There's just no way to defend the contract and what he has produced here. If he was making 2.5 mil no one would care.

Fair enough, the 6 million cap hit is horrible compared to a 2.5, but sometimes it's time to move on from a player regardless of contracts. I don't like hitting a guy when he's down and piling on, but I'm just so done with Myers. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Fair enough, the 6 million cap hit is horrible compared to a 2.5, but sometimes it's time to move on from player regardless of contracts. I don't like hitting a guy when he's down and piling on, but I'm just so done with Myers. 

yep. I know others make mistakes, but he makes them  in a way that really sticks in your ribs.. or other places. 

I want him moved for assets at the TDL, and would like to see Woo or Bear get a shot. Bear will likely get paid too much by Treliving tho.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He makes $1 million......his cap hit is 6.0.   What he makes and what his cap hit is are 2  different things 

Edited by Ben Dover
spell check
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

yep. I know others make mistakes, but he makes them  in a way that really sticks in your ribs.. or other places. 

I want him moved for assets at the TDL, and would like to see Woo or Bear get a shot. Bear will likely get paid too much by Treliving tho.

It's getting toxic with Myers and the fan base, not healthy for any one involved. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/3/2023 at 2:05 PM, -dlc- said:

I felt the same up until last night. Petey really deserves his respect...but maybe that's what we saw when he reacted to him. Knew how lethal he is and was taking him seriously. 

I just didn't like it much. He's turning into a full fledged dirty Flame.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I do think it's fair to say his body language indicates he might not be happy atm

yes, when he was smiling and making jokes with the press last week he looked downright crushed. 

You said the same kind of stuff about Miller too. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If you think woo or bear are better than Myers, prepare to be disappointed

• Cheers 2