[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

Sucks to have Soucy and Suter out all this time, but I don't believe they're absence is the reason the Canucks are losing. It could be any two players on the team. What if it was Hronek and Lafferty? Well, that would sure be bad too. Good teams have a next man up mentality, it's a team game. They just need to get back to disciplined hockey. 

Time to trade Kuzmenko, he's no longer working out very well in VAN. Once Myers and Kuzy are gone, then I think they'll turn a corner.  Oh, and Petey has to start playing like the young star he is. Way too average lately.

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Sucks to have Soucy and Suter out all this time, but I don't believe they're absence is the reason the Canucks are losing. It could be any two players on the team. What if it was Hronek and Lafferty? Well, that would sure be bad too. Good teams have a next man up mentality, it's a team game. They just need to get back to disciplined hockey. 

Time to trade Kuzmenko, he's no longer working out very well in VAN. Once Myers and Kuzy are gone, then I think they'll turn a corner.  Oh, and Petey has to start playing like the young star he is. Way too average lately.

Actually we need Double Bubble Demko back. He’s been stale old hockey card gum for a while. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Kuz watch once again. 🤨 It's sad to see such an electric player get in a beef with a coach ugggh fack

Yup -  all the joy and spontaneity sucked out of Kuzy in Tocchet's attempt to turn him into Tanner Pearson.   Must be affecting Petey as well - how many assists did he get last season on Kuzzy's 39 goals?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It's unfortunate Kuzmenko is being held back, unable to showcase his creativity because of the rules. Kuzy is thinking too much, maybe worried he'll make mistakes and get Tocchet angry. End up back in the press box. These are tough days for Kuzmenko.

What I see happening, though, is he'll be traded to another team and be allowed to play his game, and he could be scoring 30+ goals again in this league. 

I really like Tocchet as the Canucks coach, but if he's allowing Hughes to free wheel and do his thing, maybe he should let Kuzmenko do that as well. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I agree it was the worst game the 1st line has played all year like they werent really effective forechecking.  I think the metal

of the team was tested against Jersey in ways it hasn't been tested and I like what I saw against a team that has much much better

odds than us to win the cup. That comeback, absent the 1st line, caused me to revise my opinion on them being cup contenders 

or not.

Let's stop calling a line that has 4th liner Lafferty and middle 6 Mikheyev on it the top line. The top line is Hoglander-Miller-Boeser. You know, the one that consistently shows up, the opponents play their top shutdown dmen against, and who pull the difficult 1on1 matchups against the other team's top line?

Pettersson is alone when Mikheyev isn't going. It's not our top line.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's more of a style thing. Kuzy might need a team that doesn't require him to forecheck.

Kuzzy seems like a guy that would do anything for the good of himself and team. But i think maybe it's about his reads and not effort. 

He's a one way player. Every team should be able to afford at leash one 1 way player.

Halford made a good point on one of his shows. There should be a meeting in the middle between Tocc and Kuz. Because Tocc is never going to make a Selke player out of Kuz. Tocc should be able to find a way to utilize one , 1 way top line player on the team. If he can't it's his weakness. 

This is how we ended up with a sea of Granlunds in the Benning era. They wanted everyone to be 2 way players. And if this keeps going with Kuz , he will end up being traded for some "2 way" tweener.

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

Kuzzy seems like a guy that would do anything for the good of himself and team. But i think maybe it's about his reads and not effort. 

He's a one way player. Every team should be able to afford at leash one 1 way player.

Halford made a good point on one of his shows. There should be a meeting in the middle between Tocc and Kuz. Because Tocc is never going to make a Selke player out of Kuz. Tocc should be able to find a way to utilize one , 1 way top line player on the team. If he can't it's his weakness. 

This is how we ended up with a sea of Granlunds in the Benning era. They wanted everyone to be 2 way players. And if this keeps going with Kuz , he will end up being traded for some "2 way" tweener.

Agreed it's not an effort thing at all. Kuzy clearly is doing what he can.

I don't believe Allvin would pull a Benning and replace Kuzy with a Granlund tho. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Let's stop calling a line that has 4th liner Lafferty and middle 6 Mikheyev on it the top line. The top line is Hoglander-Miller-Boeser. You know, the one that consistently shows up, the opponents play their top shutdown dmen against, and who pull the difficult 1on1 matchups against the other team's top line?

Pettersson is alone when Mikheyev isn't going. It's not our top line.

Last i checked , Mikeyev wasn't on some 10 game pointless streak. Our top line is 96 40 and 65. A tweenerless top line. Just as a top line should be 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I hope Kuz stays in the lineup. He needs to get a goal to help his confidence & that won't happen from the press box.

I just hope they don't let things linger, get him in somewhere and let him work it out, or move on. We don't need a disgruntled player issue in the room. Not saying its gone that far just don't want to see it happen.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I hope Kuz stays in the lineup. He needs to get a goal to help his confidence & that won't happen from the press box.

Yep and this team can’t afford to be without another top 6 forward when they already need to add one.

He’s gotta work his way out of it just like Petey.

I would say PDG in for Karlsson tonight.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2