[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah Kuz is great. He's always super happy and I have a feeling that he's also got the character to work through this. I've been concerned for him myself. It must be a little confusing and hurtful going through this period of negativity after how everything was so rosy last year. Like you said he's got a great attitude. I'm hoping he figures it out.

Exactly. People shouldn't be down on him and we should really learn our lessons from players like Petey, and Miller. Remember how down people were on Petey to start last year, then he finished great, then this year people were saying sign him for $13.5 mil and now it's back to trade him, or we're getting him for $9-$10. I'm sure he'll bounce back too and everyone will back on his jock again.

Yeah it's a two edged sword. Every player should be able to be held to a high standard. On one hand I wonder if eventually RT will just give in a build a sheltered role for him if he can't figure it out. On the other hand if you have guys playing prominent roles who can't be bothered to to buy in it can be pretty hard to win when it counts. Hopefully there is a happy medium out there somewhere.

This is what this team needs to understand, we are not setting this team up to be a successful regular season team but to be able to go deep into the playoffs. You can bet the good teams will be all over Kuz's line if they know he is not going to play a 200 ft game. 

I am good with what ever RT decides to do to make this team better, even at the cost of some of our most favorite players. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Win one lose one ... lose two?  Well so far only once.    Hogs at least is proving his mettle.   Soucy, we need some sauce, good sauce, please come back!  

Let's see the start of a 3 plus game win streak.   It's annoying that they are watching their hard work slip away.   

8 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I don't think so, tonight's game isn't on the list.

If it is, I'm not re-doing the gdt.

I don’t see NJ on that list either though. Maybe they’ve simply decided the blacks are our home jersey all season 🤔

Edited by Steamer4GM
formatting issue
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Think we get the W tonight. Be nice to see the team get back to playing as 5 man units both ways, I think that was a major part of the early success… 

The New Jersey game looked promising when they were finishing their checks and putting their backs against the wall . They started out like that and continued in the third but they need to keep the foot on the pedal for the entire game.

The physical players need to be physical and the skilled players need to play their game while remaining a 5 man unit. 

I think we will see a better outing tonight.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

This is what this team needs to understand, we are not setting this team up to be a successful regular season team but to be able to go deep into the playoffs. You can bet the good teams will be all over Kuz's line if they know he is not going to play a 200 ft game. 

I am good with what ever RT decides to do to make this team better, even at the cost of some of our most favorite players. 

There isn't anyone who's safe when it comes to that.   This team hasn't accomplished anything at all.     Bubble was fun, but it's also not that team anymore either.     Believe they are headed in the right direction.    Also think that they don't have a ton of time to make it work either.   This year and next really.    If we are so desperate to see Soucy back, what does that mean compared to losing Hughes or Hronek for a spell?   

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Lets bungle in the jungle; well, that's alright by me. - Jethro Tull

Check out the high quality of the video back when I was in high school:

Lol

Pretty sure that’s not the official band video release. Looks fan made 🤔

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

51 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

According to Captain Quinn, from day one of training camp they’ve been preaching how EVERY player has a voice in the room. From the lowliest AHL call up to the highest paid star. 

So if, as you suggest, Petey is unhappy that RT’s system is depriving Kuz of scoring opportunities and thus robbing him of points to leverage his next contract (my suggestion, not yours), why doesn’t he speak up and insist that the system needs tweaking to accommodate our more offence-first style players?

Why aren’t other players speaking up and challenging the coaches to better deploy them and their talents with an altered or differently balanced implementation of systems?

Why doesn’t Demko say he’s gassed, off his game and in need of a rest/reset/etc?

Do they all truly have a voice or was all that just lip service to lead us to believe the culture had changed and things were going to be different?

I’d like to believe it’s true but suspect that, for the most part at least, it goes about as far as the suggestions box at city hall or the employee satisfaction surveys at the agency I work for 🤣

Well, you said it was Quinn who stated the EVERY player thing; not Tocchet.

Petey has has all his success with substandard wingers.

I am counting on Patrik and His Large Band to get Petey some first-line wingers.

He makes his wings look good, but they are not stand-outs on their own.

Just imagine how many points he would have.

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

According to Captain Quinn, from day one of training camp they’ve been preaching how EVERY player has a voice in the room. From the lowliest AHL call up to the highest paid star. 

So if, as you suggest, Petey is unhappy that RT’s system is depriving Kuz of scoring opportunities and thus robbing him of points to leverage his next contract (my suggestion, not yours), why doesn’t he speak up and insist that the system needs tweaking to accommodate our more offence-first style players?

Why aren’t other players speaking up and challenging the coaches to better deploy them and their talents with an altered or differently balanced implementation of systems?

Why doesn’t Demko say he’s gassed, off his game and in need of a rest/reset/etc?

Do they all truly have a voice or was all that just lip service to lead us to believe the culture had changed and things were going to be different?

I’d like to believe it’s true but suspect that, for the most part at least, it goes about as far as the suggestions box at city hall or the employee satisfaction surveys at the agency I work for 🤣

Well Demko's never going say he's tired in a million years but I get your point. I believe they do have a voice and if Petey says something to that affect they will listen. I think they just have to work it out. We should have never expected this year was going to be perfect and this is just part of the process of getting there. It's not as bad as lots of people are making it out to be.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think missing Soucy and Suter is hurting the team. But lots of things are off right now. Where did the stingy defense go? Petey is off, Kuz is definitely off, Demko is off but maybe because he's starting too much. Hughes and Hronek didn't look good last game. Petey needs to take the charge if this team is gonna go far. Boeser and Miller can't do it all.

I agree with the injuries hurting the team as well (great puns think alike). We've had so much turnover and not enough time for consistent chemistry throughout the lineup. Good teams have their lines and pairings set - we're not there yet. Now with those two out, D pairings are getting messed up and guys playing their off sides, and this is also why Demkohhh is struggling, as a back end of confusion means missed checks and breakdowns and he can't stop everything. 

I think Mikheyev's injury has set him back a little, or maybe it's from when he got hit by Chaos Giraffe, and Petey is also still battling something. That line has been terrible for quite some time and Kuz has struggled as a result of those two being off.

I just wish they can get back to thinking defence-first hockey because offence comes from it, and then they end up scoring more in the long run anyways because we have the puck more often. It seems like they've all be squeezing their sticks too much, then forgetting about defence and thinking offence-first, and here we are. 

Tonight is a uge game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Lose this one and the sky is officially falling so we need to rack up some easy wins here and there against the lesser teams. Rick must have ripped into the boys after NJD so I think we'll come out ready to play, but hopefully will sustain the good play all game. DeSmith surely starts and maybe if he plays well, gets a string of games to get some good vibes back into the team.

3-2 Canucks

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There isn't anyone who's safe when it comes to that.   This team hasn't accomplished anything at all.     Bubble was fun, but it's also not that team anymore either.     Believe they are headed in the right direction.    Also think that they don't have a ton of time to make it work either.   This year and next really.    If we are so desperate to see Soucy back, what does that mean compared to losing Hughes or Hronek for a spell?   

I think we have true gamers in our midst(Miller,Hughes.Hogs) but I also think we have a few coat tail riders too, this needs to change. I truly believe they are still assessing what they have and moves still need to be made. I think they are moving in the right direction too.

• Upvote 1

Glad that Tocchet didn’t scratch Kuzy.

You can only do that so many times and expect a response. Doing that now I think he would have alienated him completely.

Let him work his way back up the lineup like Hoglander did.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

The bolded is disturbing to me, but it wouldn't surprise me either. That would be one helluva elephant in the room.

If EP40 selfishly has that mindset (I think he does, he's not exactly a likeable, personable guy, rather he's standoffish and snobby), then he can make like a goose and flock off! No one is above the team.

I will gladly take the king's ransom we'd receive in a trade, and let the other team deal with his enigmatic and selfish attitude.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Glad that Tocchet didn’t scratch Kuzy.

You can only do that so many times and expect a response. Doing that now I think he would have alienated him completely.

Let him work his way back up the lineup like Hoglander did.

So send him down to Abby? 

Gotta get back to the "staples" as Tocchet calls it.

Stingy defense, good puck management, full efforts on the forecheck and backcheck, and keeping teams on the outside. Just get back to those staples, Im not expecting a W until we start seeing a proper process from this team. Its been lacking in the last 12-13 games. At this point, this shouldn't be a surprise anymore or feeling out of the system, they know what they need to do.

This is now on the players to hold themselves to a higher standard.

• ThereItIs 2