[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The core isn’t it and being down Soucy is not helping glad they got Z to hold the fort until he’s back will improve next season when we move on from Myers too. 

Perhaps, I hope so, but the issue isn't depth, it's effort, focus and discipline, imo.  The same things that have plagued them through two management groups and three coaches.

• Like 1

By the... Zadorov wasn't interested in the fight... he knew the game was over and it was meaningless.

He just held Maroon at arms length until he got tired and then wrapped him up like a Christmas present.

I don't think Big Z likes to fight, he will do it when necessary, and probably with a lot more enthusiasm when the game is on the line and the team needs firing up.  What Z likes is hits...  Gonchar just needs to keep him from getting into headhunting mode and getting suspended.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

They’re quite familiar with the Tyler Myers-experience & not likely to be under-taking that, again.

You don't think teams would be interested in a rhd on pace for 39 points and +34?

• Haha 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

By the... Zadorov wasn't interested in the fight... he knew the game was over and it was meaningless.

He just held Maroon at arms length until he got tired and then wrapped him up like a Christmas present.

I don't think Big Z likes to fight, he will do it when necessary, and probably with a lot more enthusiasm when the game is on the line and the team needs firing up.  What Z likes is hits...  Gonchar just needs to keep him from getting into headhunting mode and getting suspended.

Big and smart.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Perhaps, I hope so, but the issue isn't depth, it's effort, focus and discipline, imo.  The same things that have plagued them through two management groups and three coaches.

Felt like Tocchet played his stars a lot to start the year.  

I’m hoping they’re just a little burnt out.  Physically.  Injuries.  Mentally. All of the above?  Mentally jives with what you’re saying - and I think that’s part of it for sure. But they need to wake up and realize the opportunity they have right now and go on a little run.

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The only issue I had with this game is that Tocchet persists in his grudge against Kuzmenko.

Kuzzy needs to be Pettersson and Mikheyev... not on the 4th line... Petey/Kuzzy/Mik is the line which works and which can produce.

Forget the occasional defensive lapse, the number of goals they can score makes up for it.

• Vintage 1

Just now, The Duke said:

I’m hoping they’re just a little burnt out.  Physically.  Injuries.  Mentally. All of the above?  Mentally jives with what you’re saying - and I think that’s part of it for sure. But they need to wake up and realize the opportunity they’re in right now and go on a little run.

Yeah when much is given much is expected… Our leaders must be leaders… They gotta step up and get mentally tough

that’s just how it is in the playoffs right?

If they can’t do in the regular season they’re definitely not gonna do in the playoffs…

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Duke said:

I’m hoping they’re just a little burnt out.  Physically.  Injuries.  Mentally. All of the above?  Mentally jives with what you’re saying - and I think that’s part of it for sure. But they need to wake up and realize the opportunity they’re in right now and go on a little run.

Agree completely.  If they can play above .600 through December, it'll go a long way to getting them to the post season.  However, that's a talk order for them right now

• Cheers 2

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

The only issue I had with this game is that Tocchet persists in his grudge against Kuzmenko.

Kuzzy needs to be Pettersson and Mikheyev... not on the 4th line... Petey/Kuzzy/Mik is the line which works and which can produce.

Forget the occasional defensive lapse, the number of goals they can score makes up for it.

Kuzzy can’t get a free pass

He must be defensively responsible as well

pull his own weight…

RT be like to Kuzzys lapse’s…

aint nobody got time for that GIF

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

It's not the occasional defensive lapse. Kuz was playing poorly at both ends of the ice on the 1st line. Laff was playing well. One got promoted, one got demoted. Now you still have Laff playing well and Kuz not playing great. 

Why should Kuz get promoted back to the 1st line? What would that teach him? What would that teach the other players.