[GDT] Minnesota @ Vancouver. Thursday, December 7th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena, SNP, SN650... Apparently the 'Goat Edition'.

Chickenspear

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I’m not liking the negative vibes around here! The Canucks are so far from the train wreck of last season and I’m thankful that most nights they have been competitive and have given themselves a chance to win. They are good enough to solidify a playoff spot down the stretch and I’m going to enjoy it the whole way!

Also, please just win tonight! :towel:

I second that emotion ✌️

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No chance.

If it’s not a fit then management needs to find a trade. Otherwise he needs to play through it.

Bad joke.   Was referring to how the team handled Hog and your post.   Agree 100%.   Both for finding a trade and for he needs to play through it (that's all he needs to do). 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Remember when Kuzie was known for his great smile… 🫠

Less smiling, more hard ass playing. Like to see him go into the dirty areas and be more cognoscente of where his passes are going. He's been 

here long enough to pull it together, take the hits and give them..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

Lol

Pretty sure that’s not the official band video release. Looks fan made 🤔

Yeah, you're right; somebody calling themselves A Large Dog.

And.. we didn't even have music videos when I was in high school.

Juke Box attached to a very good sound system in the school cafeteria though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Great point Edgar. What are we trying to accomplish here, Kuzy scoring 40 goals, or us winning a playoff round or two? I mean it seems cruel to some but really it's just hocky and asking Kuz to incorporate some things into his game that will help  the team win when it counts.

The bottom line is this team is doing far better with Kuzy struggling and we're leading the league with 101 goals. When I look at it that way it doesn't seem like that big of a deal really. Imagine when he starts figuring it out and clicking a bit. He's still on pace for 53 points at a .65 per game pace. Last year he was 74 points at a .91 pace. We should expect a little positive regression. Also the sophomore slump is very real so all in all I'd say it's not as bad as it feels. Hr just needs some time to work through it.

Tochett started on him right away.   Teams got bigger fish to fry.   It's not just Kuzmenko.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Would be great to see a win tonight.  GCG!!   They know they can.   Stick to the system, and good things happen.  

Get Soucy and Suter back and give Zad a month under Gonchar and Foote. All will be good. Even at 500 hockey all will be good. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Get Soucy and Suter back and give Zad a month under Gonchar and Foote. All will be good. Even at 500 hockey all will be good. 

I agree and getting Myers back down to his comfort zone will help too. 

Teams are going to have to contend with our big defenseman when healthy and the smaller players are not going to like coming into to our zone with the hitting abilities of Soucy,Zadorov and Myers. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I agree and getting Myers back down to his comfort zone will help too. 

Teams are going to have to contend with our big defenseman when healthy and the smaller players are not going to like coming into to our zone with the hitting abilities of Soucy,Zadorov and Myers. 

I can see the Canucks coasting thru the season with Meyers. My issue is what he will do in playoffs when the competition is consistently better. Players have to up their games and I am not sure if Meyers can do that. What is his comfort zone? Just when I think he has a routine of taking care of his d-zone he starts pinching on the o-zone blue line and getting caught. Is that coaching or Meyers having a flashback to his Buffalo days?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

The bolded is disturbing to me, but it wouldn't surprise me either. That would be one helluva elephant in the room.

If EP40 selfishly has that mindset (I think he does, he's not exactly a likeable, personable guy, rather he's standoffish and snobby), then he can make like a goose and flock off! No one is above the team.

I will gladly take the king's ransom we'd receive in a trade, and let the other team deal with his enigmatic and selfish attitude.

That's quite the accusation of his character. He's from a tiny little village up in the north. I only mention that because there is no big city diva to be found anywhere close to where he comes from. He struggles with english and is quite the shy (and humble) guy. I thought that was known? 

His best friends back in Sweden are former refugees that Petey + fam took in and they now are like brothers. 

Get out of here with that crap. Such a low thing to call someone a snob who couldn't be further from it. It's so weird to me to go out of your way to bash someone elses morality or character when you know absolutely nothing about them. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I can see the Canucks coasting thru the season with Meyers. My issue is what he will do in playoffs when the competition is consistently better. Players have to up their games and I am not sure if Meyers can do that. What is his comfort zone? Just when I think he has a routine of taking care of his d-zone he starts pinching on the o-zone blue line and getting caught. Is that coaching or Meyers having a flashback to his Buffalo days?

Thats always been his downfall, he thinks he is an offensive defenseman when he could be a good shutdown guy if he played that way. If he only played a little more like Pronger and Byfuglin he would be so much better. having that intimidation factor would give him more time and space. No one is intimidated so they just dig the puck out from his feet which is probably where his nickname comes from. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

It's shocking to see how many people are turning on Petey already. 

Wild that we haven't learned yet that Swedish players are much more reserved and contain their emotions which to North Americans comes across as cold and uncaring. Same narrative happened in Naslund and the Sedin's careers. 

He's producing, but lacking in other areas of his game at the moment. He's working on it and just because he isn't loud, talkative and smiley all the time some Canucks fans are ready to dump the literal best draft pick we've ever had. 

Instead of these reactionary takes about dumping our 1C in a time when we are pushing for playoffs, maybe let's give the team some time to build on their goals. Last year was a dumpster fire and they had pretty much a full organization reset. This year we were hoping to be a fringe playoff team maybe, instead they had an incredible start and have cooled off a bit now. 

Just chill. 

*Shocking* Really dude???

Blah blah blah, excuses, you forgot to mention his phantom injury haha.

I'm glad you think he's "working on it" too though, that's mighty encouraging, we're all waiting lol...and a "superstar" needing to work on things, that's rich.

And yes, he's definitely lacking in other areas, glaringly so, that's the gist of my opinion, and I will stand by mine, whether it offends your vulnerable sensibilities or not, just as you're free to do the same, m'kay?