Confessions

RWMc1

16 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Weighed myself for the first time in a year. Last year I was 264. Now I'm 243. Trying to get to 220. 

Great job.  After my worst concussion I gained 100 pounds.  Once I started feeling better I was able to lose in in one year.

Probably a bit too fast but I was up to 315 so losing it was easier say than if people have 20 pounds to lose.

I have always gone to the gym and been interested in Nutrition since University when I took a Bio-Chemistry course.

I highly recommend following Ben Carpenter on You Tube and also reading Alan Aragon's stuff.  Alan is actually a Facebook friend of mine and we have messaged back and forth a bit.  He turned his life around after almost losing everything because he was an alcoholic.

I have both their books as I love the science.

81YvwqUtPoL._SL1500_.jpg

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Great job.  After my worst concussion I gained 100 pounds.  Once I started feeling better I was able to lose in in one year.

Probably a bit too fast but I was up to 315 so losing it was easier say than if people have 20 pounds to lose.

I have always gone to the gym and been interested in Nutrition since University when I took a Bio-Chemistry course.

I highly recommend following Ben Carpenter on You Tube and also reading Alan Aragon's stuff.  Alan is actually a Facebook friend of mine and we have messaged back and forth a bit.  He turned his life around after almost losing everything because he was an alcoholic.

I have both their books as I love the science.

81YvwqUtPoL._SL1500_.jpg

Odd thing is I didn't do much different than my usual to lose it. Being a butcher and sausage maker, my job is physical so no need to hit the gym. But all I really did was cut out the chips and cheetos, and start drinking a crazy amount of water. I try to drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day. 

• Upvote 1

I confess ~

I had a terrifying moment with the coffee pot. I put the glass thing in the dishwasher and then went to move it, and guess what? !! The most terrifying thing happened!! Glass broke off the bottom part after I accidently hit it with the top of the dishwasher!

I was in sheer panic! There was not time to think of what you call that glass thing! I mean, coffee is a must have and especially in the morning! I cannot function without my cups of coffee!

So I quickly turned on my laptop and with Amazon to the rescue, the new coffee pot is arriving tomorrow morning by 8am! Just in time for the morning coffee, and the 5 cups after! 

• Cheers 1

Another confession ~ 

I like to stare or glance over at people in the elevator. I don't get why people don't make eye contact in the elevator. One person was staring at the elevator buttons and another was staring at something else. So in all Brilac fashion, I decided to glance at one person and then glance at another and then glace at the other person again until the elevator door opened. 

When I got back into the elevator, I totally understood why one person was staring at the buttons. When you press a button, it lights up in blue, like a hockey blue color, like Canucks blue, so I could see why. Then I noticed the silvery railing on the side, and it was shiny, so I understood why it drew attention to the other person. 

It reminds me in a way of how people protect their personal space on the bus by putting their belongings on the seat beside them and/or sitting in the outer seat so no one will sit in the inner seat next to them. 

I don't care if someone sits beside me on the bus or when taking public transportation. 

Edited by brilac

19 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

I want to become 100% Vegetarian, currently the only meat I eat is chicken but I think I can do this..

working my way to pescatarian, still eating chicken or turkey once per week but weening off that too. I'll likely stick at fish protein as I don't see the same issues there as with other animals. 

I really like mixing lentils and chickpeas to make veggie burgers (lots of recipes out there), super as a meat replacement, more iron than comes in meat actually.  Maybe that helps you get there. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

working my way to pescatarian, still eating chicken or turkey once per week but weening off that too. I'll likely stick at fish protein as I don't see the same issues there as with other animals. 

I really like mixing lentils and chickpeas to make veggie burgers (lots of recipes out there), super as a meat replacement, more iron than comes in meat actually.  Maybe that helps you get there. 

Fish don't have souls!

• Haha 2