Confessions

RWMc1

10 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I recently passed 365 days of sobriety and thought it would mean something but it doesn’t. Only sadness that 30 years of being wasted has left me broken and broke. Kicked my problems down the road for a couple of decades but the bastards waited for me, and they brought friends.

I am trapped - miserable here and unable to stretch a rope as it would devastate the 2 people I love. They are both terminally ill so that barrier will not exist too much longer. Is this struggle worth it with no love in your life? 

I don't know much, but I do know in life there is always the potential for meaningful connection. You can find it, or it might find you.

• Cheers 1

On 11/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

I recently passed 365 days of sobriety and thought it would mean something but it doesn’t. Only sadness that 30 years of being wasted has left me broken and broke. Kicked my problems down the road for a couple of decades but the bastards waited for me, and they brought friends.

I am trapped - miserable here and unable to stretch a rope as it would devastate the 2 people I love. They are both terminally ill so that barrier will not exist too much longer. Is this struggle worth it with no love in your life? 

Huge congratulations on 365 days man, whether you're feeling accomplished or not, that is a huge accomplishment. It's okay to mourn for the last 30 years, but take the time to pat yourself on the back for making at least one good, difficult decision every day for 365 days in a row. I'm really sorry to hear about the health of your loved ones, but savour that sober time you have with them now. I'm sure they are proud of you too. 

I know most of the interactions on CFF are random strangers, maybe some of them are friends too, but we care about you and are rooting for you. Hit 8 years over the summer myself, but I was one of the lucky ones and got my wake-up call in my 20s.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

365 days is amazing......the longest I have been able to go is 9 months.

Don't give up....I didn't find the person I was meant to be with until I was 32.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, runningback33 said:

I confess I count down the days til February/March because that means Baseball is back

Baseball never goes away!

I confess, my kid has an indoor tournament in January in the states, I think I'm looking forward to it more than him 😂.  Always cool to see how this age group in Langley stacks up against other places.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I was in HomeSense yesterday and found some super cute capes. Was confused....why are they selling clothes here?

And the price was excellent! $39.99!

406700727_10160663330295549_111006689312

Then I saw on the hanger: "TREE SKIRT"

(I'ma wear one anyhow, rules are made to be broken)

Would that make you a birch?:classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Had a panic attack a couple weeks ago. Been trying to be ok. Trying to keep a lid on my anxiety. Then I find out my grandma is in the hospital with a lung infection. And that's not going to help anything. Then on another thread, we try to have some fun, and some bleeding heart tool bag wont stop with the sad emoji bullshit!!!!! I'm trying to be ok, and have a little fun, don't like, don't read it!!!!!!

Yeah. I created it to keep things light, so some of us can have some laughs. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Yeah. I created it to keep things light, so some of us can have some laughs. 

And I thank you for that. It took my mind off so much shit I'm dealing with. I don't, and I'm sure I'm not alone, want to deal with some antagonist tool bag. But thank you for giving me a much needed distraction.

• Cheers 3

I started work at my new job 2 weeks ago, however, the last 3 days (Today, Thursday-Friday last week) my daycare provider has been closed. First, her son was sick, then her son got her sick (she runs the daycare out of her home). I had asked Sunday if anyone in her network has any openings just for today because i'm still training and I 'feel' like my boss and his boss are a little annoyed even though they are saying 'it happens'

My wife has been on course for the last 13 weeks and i'm trying to juggle all of this myself. I have already burned through all of my 'health and wellness' days on staying home with my perfectly healthy son. This is infuriating....Our daycare provider is also pregnant (we were told in October -- 1 month after we chose her daycare over another) she is due March/April, so they would have known. She assured us there was only 1 day closure in October, but other than that, she would be wide open. She has had to have coverage for her various appointments now almost weekly and has even closed some days due to 'professional development'

This job has been so good to me so far, but i'm at the point where I just want to quit. I can't fall asleep at night just dreading having to text my boss that the daycare is closed as if he thinks im making it up, i'm even sending screenshots from the daycare texts so that he doesn't think it's made up, even though I probably don't have to. 

I was supposed to be in a presentation this morning AND meet with my very 1st client. I have never felt more unreliable in my life. I am pretty close to losing it, this is too much to try and juggle. 

I texted my boss at 6:24am this morning to his work phone and still no response. He is assuming i'm going to be at the presentation at 8:40. I'm in a constant cold sweat these last few days....I fucking hate this shit that is completely out of my control. I have to do what's best for my kid first, right? I don't think they can fire me for this? maybe they can since i'm still on probation until Feb.

FML

@diesel_3

The best thing you can do is communicate with your boss. Most people understand extenuating circumstances and will make adjustments as required to help you out.

It’s the last minute notifications of absence that create difficulties that  they have trouble accepting. The sooner you let them know of scheduling problems the better. It’s hard to pick up the phone however you have to do it and will feel better after. 

I’m sure no one is questioning your honesty so put that thought away. 

Everyone has difficult periods in life and if the job is worth having and they recognize what you bring to the table life will go on and in a few weeks this will all be forgotten. 

Yes. Your children are first and any employer worth working for knows that. 

Communicate and stay positive. 

• Vintage 2

43 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

@diesel_3

The best thing you can do is communicate with your boss. Most people understand extenuating circumstances and will make adjustments as required to help you out.

It’s the last minute notifications of absence that create difficulties that  they have trouble accepting. The sooner you let them know of scheduling problems the better. It’s hard to pick up the phone however you have to do it and will feel better after. 

I’m sure no one is questioning your honesty so put that thought away. 

Everyone has difficult periods in life and if the job is worth having and they recognize what you bring to the table life will go on and in a few weeks this will all be forgotten. 

Yes. Your children are first and any employer worth working for knows that. 

Communicate and stay positive. 

What he said.  ^

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Completely gutted right now. My grandma passed away about 20 minutes ago.

I'm so sorry, g... it's never easy to lose someone you love...even less so at a time when you're surrounded by what is supposed to be joyous times and a coming holiday. Surround yourself with your Grandma's love for you and wonderful memories of your time with her. While the memories may feel painful now, they are her legacy to you. May each moment be less difficult and her love for you hold you up as you find your way through. May she ever be your strength and her love around you to keep you safe and warm. ❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1