Confessions

RWMc1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha, I'm going into Corrections but man do I hear ya. They need to throw the book at those drivers!

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

A really big book!

Years back, my Dad goes to his doctor to see about this large bump on his hand.

Doc says just put your arm on the table and give me a minute to review something in this book.

Doctor grabs the book, makes like he's about to open it, and then quickly slams it down on  the bump on Dad's hand.

Seems that is one of the approved ways of getting rid of a 'ganglia'.

Hurt a lot though.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Growing up, we never got presents, but my grandparents would set up the tree and Christmas lights anyway. When we (cousins) started getting older (and started working), we'd just do Secret Santa. Now that they have kids, I'm stressing over what to get the kids. These kids have everything and more already. 😰 

20 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Growing up, we never got presents, but my grandparents would set up the tree and Christmas lights anyway. When we (cousins) started getting older (and started working), we'd just do Secret Santa. Now that they have kids, I'm stressing over what to get the kids. These kids have everything and more already. 😰 

gift cards are the answer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gurn said:

I'd have less problem with Christmas, if Santa hadn't been invented.

Just have a winter day of celebration, leave the imaginary stuff out of it.

The true holiday is tomorrow night 🙂

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Except the kids are 3-7 years old 😅

Amazon is the answer!

When holiday shopping, you can sort it by age group.  

Thank goodness! I had no idea what to get the little ones (ages 9 months and 6 years) until I saw that I could sort by age group.

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, brilac said:

Amazon is the answer!

When holiday shopping, you can sort it by age group.  

Thank goodness! I had no idea what to get the little ones (ages 9 months and 6 years) until I saw that I could sort by age group.

I try to stay away from Amazon if I can 😄

But thanks for the tip on sorting by age. Did not know you can do that! 

I'm thinking maybe books or crafting kits. But then I worry that maybe I'm just pushing my own hobbies on them. What if they don't like reading and crafts?! 😂

Update on my first ever box experience.  The seats were great. Was nice to not be crammed next to someone. As someone who hates being close to strangers it was worth a lot. A private bathroom was great as well. I hate using arena toilets.

Free food and drinks were great. However there was no vegetarian option so no food for me, and from what I heard the others saying the food wasn't good. Which surprised me cause I've had some amazing food there in the lexus Club section. I would have thought the box would have similar foods for the price the owners of said box probably pays. Honestly the food just in the arena itself is better, you just have to pay out the ass for it.

I would definitely go again. As it was a free night out which never happens these days but ill have lower expecations for it. Honestly if you're ever in Buffalo, good 200 seats and a lexus Club is a far better option than the box. Unless you're totally hung up on the private loo and free drinks. (Which is probably great for drinkers. Which I am not)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

Years back, my Dad goes to his doctor to see about this large bump on his hand.

Doc says just put your arm on the table and give me a minute to review something in this book.

Doctor grabs the book, makes like he's about to open it, and then quickly slams it down on  the bump on Dad's hand.

Seems that is one of the approved ways of getting rid of a 'ganglia'.

Hurt a lot though.

Wife had the same thing.

They booked her too but it didn't work. Was she ever angry. She ended up having to have minor surgery. She said it hurt like hell and thought she was going to faint. Then the Dr asked if she would like see the growth/junk that he had extracted. I am surprised he didn't end the appointment receiving a black eye. 

Damn Doctors, bless'em.

I once broke a couple knuckles. I have so much tattooing that the nurse could not find a vein to give me freezing. I lost count of how many injections went into my wrist. i started to feel the anesthetic in my shoulder but not my hand. Then the Doc came in and said one of the knuckles was way out of place. He had to get it back in the right spot. i remember him having his foot up on the bed i was sitting on to help him pull my finger with all his body weight, while the nurse held my arm to counter him. 

My wife was watching, she almost passed out then too from the sight of it. I remember feeling a little pukey and thinking i must work on my punching technique to avoid such fun again. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Today has been brutal. Funeral day. Really rough especially this time of year. Feel like I've been kicked down  the stairs again. I'm gonna get fucked up now.

Things will get better.  My wife's Dad passed away 10 days before Xmas and 2 days after her birthday.  He was alone putting xmas lights up on his garage and slipped and fell head first into the pavement..

His wife found him when she came home.

After 2 days they had to take him of life support as he was brain dead.

• Huggy Bear 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wife had the same thing.

They booked her too but it didn't work. Was she ever angry. She ended up having to have minor surgery. She said it hurt like hell and thought she was going to faint. Then the Dr asked if she would like see the growth/junk that he had extracted. I am surprised he didn't end the appointment receiving a black eye. 

Damn Doctors, bless'em.

I once broke a couple knuckles. I have so much tattooing that the nurse could not find a vein to give me freezing. I lost count of how many injections went into my wrist. i started to feel the anesthetic in my shoulder but not my hand. Then the Doc came in and said one of the knuckles was way out of place. He had to get it back in the right spot. i remember him having his foot up on the bed i was sitting on to help him pull my finger with all his body weight, while the nurse held my arm to counter him. 

My wife was watching, she almost passed out then too from the sight of it. I remember feeling a little pukey and thinking i must work on my punching technique to avoid such fun again. 

Somehow I cut under my thumbnail one year.  It got infected quite badly so I went to emergency after a few days.

The ER doc had to drill a hole in my thumbnail and squeeze to get out the puss.

He squeezed so hard that it squirted  him in the face'

Luckily he was wearing glasses.

Something I would like to forget seeing.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Somehow I cut under my thumbnail one year.  It got infected quite badly so I went to emergency after a few days.

The ER doc had to drill a hole in my thumbnail and squeeze to get out the puss.

He squeezed so hard that it squirted  him in the face'

Luckily he was wearing glasses.

Something I would like to forget seeing.

Went to E.R. with a cut in my forehead, just above the scalp line. Doctor grabs a bottle of something, and with out warning, pours some on the cut.

2 seconds later, he is against the wall in the treatment room, one of my hands holding his collar, while the other fist is cocked back and ready to roll.

Deep breath, and I tell him, "It would be a good idea to warn people you are going to hurt them."

I've broken a few bones, and had a really bad fingernail crush event, but NEVER felt that kind a pain. Hope they threw out whatever the heck was in that bottle.

• Huggy Bear 2

I'm sick of December. Fuck this month!!!! I've had way too many pass away in December. My grandfather on my stepdad's side passed on xmas day when I was, 13. My great aunt on my mom's side, was the 21st. My cousin was 3 years ago on december 3rd. Now my grandma passed on december 5th. And I get asked "where is your Christmas spirit?". 

• Huggy Bear 4

8 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Who the hell does online professional development during the holidays, when one should be resting, relaxing, and recovering from a year's worth of professional abuse?!

(uh, me)

:classic_ninja:

Keeners shall inherit the earth.

Pretty sure that's written somewhere.