Confessions

RWMc1

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly high school me is running the show lately. I've been listening to ALOT of Green Day. To a point that I've pre ordered their new album. I haven't bought a Green Day album since they released "American idiot" back in '03. Man, I feel old now.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Going to post this here. I really wish guys, especially older guys, would stop being assholes. There's endless examples of it towards women but plenty of times guys are jerks to other guys. Specifically calling out guys over 40 who think they have some right to be a jerk.

So i'm in the line for food at the devil's game. I'm tired. I barely sleep before travel anyway and was up by 6am, sorting out my dog and house (my wife has covid so have been taking care of all last week while working at home, have only left my dog one other night since he was sick last year) and had the spent the entire day with my daughter navigating the metro, getting snowed on, working out amtrak and new jersey railways. I had made a lot of reservations at places but it wasn't easy to find where to go. My daughter isn't the best walker but she did it all but was complaining about her feet in the food line so i took her order so she could go sit down.

I'm in the line, no idea how it works. It's moving slow. Three younger women in front of me talk to the counter staff and get drinks. There is another counter staff who i go to order from but she walks off. The guy in line next to me then grabs food from a shelf. As i go to get it some guy in the line shouts "you're holding up the line" in a smartass way. I get my food and then order drinks and he's still yammering. I pay, tap thing wasn't working so he's yammering more and so i insert card and get my stuff. Way out he's still yammering and i see him in a canucks jersey. I said something like "take it easy" and went to my seats.

Had a great night otherwise but one old jerk who was a canucks fan decided to get his laugh at a younger guy. I'm also short so another reason why he heckled me. Just wish old guys like him had some empathy at times.

I did see him in the hotel lobby when i exited the next day. He was clueless as to who i was and while a part of me dreamed of accidentally body-checked him i just let the old jerk go about his morning.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Going to post this here. I really wish guys, especially older guys, would stop being assholes. There's endless examples of it towards women but plenty of times guys are jerks to other guys. Specifically calling out guys over 40 who think they have some right to be a jerk.

So i'm in the line for food at the devil's game. I'm tired. I barely sleep before travel anyway and was up by 6am, sorting out my dog and house (my wife has covid so have been taking care of all last week while working at home, have only left my dog one other night since he was sick last year) and had the spent the entire day with my daughter navigating the metro, getting snowed on, working out amtrak and new jersey railways. I had made a lot of reservations at places but it wasn't easy to find where to go. My daughter isn't the best walker but she did it all but was complaining about her feet in the food line so i took her order so she could go sit down.

I'm in the line, no idea how it works. It's moving slow. Three younger women in front of me talk to the counter staff and get drinks. There is another counter staff who i go to order from but she walks off. The guy in line next to me then grabs food from a shelf. As i go to get it some guy in the line shouts "you're holding up the line" in a smartass way. I get my food and then order drinks and he's still yammering. I pay, tap thing wasn't working so he's yammering more and so i insert card and get my stuff. Way out he's still yammering and i see him in a canucks jersey. I said something like "take it easy" and went to my seats.

Had a great night otherwise but one old jerk who was a canucks fan decided to get his laugh at a younger guy. I'm also short so another reason why he heckled me. Just wish old guys like him had some empathy at times.

I did see him in the hotel lobby when i exited the next day. He was clueless as to who i was and while a part of me dreamed of accidentally body-checked him i just let the old jerk go about his morning.

I find the opposite.  Young little shits who think they are something.  They think they are tough when I could twist them into little pieces.  A few years ago at the gym I go to some young shithead pulled up in his parents BMW and parked in a handicap spot even though the lot was half empty.  I told him he had to move it.  He said "Why?  There are 2 other handicap spots empty."  He moved it it.

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't think his age had anything to do with being an asshole.  Some people are just like that.

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

I don't think his age had anything to do with being an asshole.  Some people are just like that.

Young guys don't heckle like that usually. There are plenty of young jerks but they are aggressive and think they can do whatever. 

This old man bs i've seen my entire life. Guys are changing thankfully, my son's generation is better at it but this was this old age entitlement amplified by me not being tall.

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Young guys don't heckle like that usually. There are plenty of young jerks but they are aggressive and think they can do whatever. 

This old man bs i've seen my entire life. Guys are changing thankfully, my son's generation is better at it but this was this old age entitlement amplified by me not being tall.

No one my age acts like that at least in smaller communities.  We were not brought up that way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

No one my age acts like that at least in smaller communities.  We were not brought up that way.

Well i'm glad. I've lived in 4 US cities and elsewhere and sadly i've seen it my whole life. Calling out a jerk for blocking/parking in handicap is valid. Never done that in my life.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes old fellas just come off as assholes because a lot of them have gotten to the dont give AF age.

I parked my old Dart at the grocery store the other day, Its a nice looking ride.

As soon as I got out an older guy was yelling from across the lot.

" Your mom know you're out in her car?!"

me- " haha, dont tell her I'm taking my girl up to look out point later" trying to be funny back to him. ( i'm almost 50, not a kid)

" Your mom know you're out in her car?!" he repeated.

me- " well it does only have a slant6, a lover not a fighter, so maybe it is a mom's car"

me- "I'm starting to think you're jealous! its a sweet car, you know you're repating yourself?"

He laughed and stopped, he was getting annoying.

What I liked was an even older guy came in with '64 Impala. A car that made my car's nuts shrink. Just a beauty. The Impala owner and I hung out and talked cars, grest dude and the dork across the lot had no more to say.

So, moral ? assholes come at any age but the older ones dont mind letting some words fly a bit more. They know they are less likely to be smacked.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sometimes old fellas just come off as assholes because a lot of them have gotten to the dont give AF age.

I parked my old Dart at the grocery store the other day, Its a nice looking ride.

As soon as I got out an older guy was yelling from across the lot.

me- " haha, dont tell her I'm taking my girl up to look out point later" trying to be funny back to him. ( i'm almost 50, not a kid)

" Your mom know you're out in her car?!" he repeated.

me- " well it does only have a slant6, a lover not a fighter, so maybe it is a mom's car"

me- "I'm starting to think you're jealous! its a sweet car, you know you're repating yourself?"

He laughed and stopped, he was getting annoying.

What I liked was an even older guy came in with '64 Impala. A car that made my car's nuts shrink. Just a beauty. The Impala owner and I hung out and talked cars, grest dude and the dork across the lot had no more to say.

So, moral ? assholes come at any age but the older ones dont mind letting some words fly a bit more. They know they are less likely to be smacked.

I think us older guys don't get offended by much of anything. We are surrounded by PC stuff all day. And now we are all just labeled as "privileged white guy" who caused the need for all this equality stuff, but who the hell would want to be equal to me?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tusk said:

I think us older guys don't get offended by much of anything. We are surrounded by PC stuff all day. And now we are all just labeled as "privileged white guy" who caused the need for all this equality stuff, but who the hell would want to be equal to me?

Well, I wouldn't label you. 🙂

Most older dudes I know are great.

Some grumpy but I love the lack of filter.

Funny thing is, I did some timber framing for the last few years. At 49 I was getting called old man by my co-workers. They meant it. I was 20 years older than most of them. They still couldnt keep up with me though. One day i turned to one specific annoying lad and said " I challenge you to anything"....he didnt accept.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

my dad used to say "don't let the bastards get you down". Guys like this don't deserve this much of your time. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

my dad used to say "don't let the bastards get you down". Guys like this don't deserve this much of your time. 

My bro loves this artwork....i think of him when I hear that phrase ( I know the top is 'mock' latin )

Bastards-Poster-New.jpg

• Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Went to bed about this time last night. Spent more than 13 hours in bed, and I was still tired and burnt out. Was up for maybe 2 hours, then went to lie down again. Now I'm getting ready for bed because I'm almost falling asleep. I just want to feel ok again.

• Huggy Bear 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

I bought a bag of chips at Costco and ate too many over 2 days, decided I’m sick of them and don’t need to eat crap anymore, so I threw the rest of the bag out

I’m tellin’ ya, you will be missin’ those in a few hours or perhaps, tomorrow!

• Cheers 1

Oh yeah, I gained 7 pounds. I don’t know how that happened? !! I usually eat a lot and don’t gain weight.

I bought two pairs of jeans one size up, and thank goodness! I feel so much more comfortable now!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh yeah, I gained 7 pounds. I don’t know how that happened? !! I usually eat a lot and don’t gain weight.

I bought two pairs of jeans one size up, and thank goodness! I feel so much more comfortable now!

It could be more salt. I've noticed there's a lot more salt in packed food and restaurants now.

• Cheers 1