Confessions

RWMc1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:23 PM, brilac said:

I bite off string cheese instead of tear little strings off. 

You savage you! (Me too)

13 hours ago, runningback33 said:

I’ve become a vegetarian 

That's awesome...I'm working my way there.

For those asking why, why not?

For health, for the planet, for the savings on meat. And the suffering and inhumane way the animals are treated is nothing to ignore.

I mean, unless you can buy premium cuts from a butcher, the meat in the big chain stores is scary awful. And the prices are ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Maybe record your visits, if it doesn't make it too awkward- and then your daughter can see, and hear her Uncle when she gets older.

I wish we could have done that, back in the 70's when my grandpa passed on.

That's a great idea, Gurn. Thanks!

• Cheers 3

I confess ~

I am loving this cleanser that just arrived!

It's from Iceland. 

The cleanser I was using was making my face dry that I could not take it anymore. 

I went to Iceland many years ago and fell in love with this company's skin care products. 

It just takes me back. I just love Iceland so much! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, gwarrior said:

Ok, someone has to take my phone away from me. I keep ordering shit from amazon. Lately I've been ordering flats of energy drinks and replica stanley cup rings.

I can’t stop ordering from them too!

I think of something I need, and the next thing I know, I’m on Amazon buying it. 

Plus with that same day delivery or next day delivery, I can have it just like that.

It’s not like 20 years ago, that I had to write something down and go to the store to buy it.

9 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Ok, someone has to take my phone away from me. I keep ordering shit from amazon. Lately I've been ordering flats of energy drinks and replica stanley cup rings.

Simple solution: change your password and let the computer randomize it.  Then you'll lock yourself out of the account.  Until you use the "forgot password" function.  And then end up buying more shit.  :hurhur:

On 2/21/2024 at 7:13 AM, -dlc- said:

And the suffering and inhumane way the animals are treated i

They're sentient Deb. They think, have joy, fear,.... and love. 

It will make you feel soo good. Mind, body, and soul. I have never felt better in my life. 49 years old, I scored the highest in my class in physical tests in my law enforcement career I have just started. A lot of my success is my diet. 

Way to go. I try not to preach and repect people's choices. But anyone who goes meat-light ( sourced from humaine places as you suggest), vegetarian or vegan gets huge respect from me. 

• MillerTime 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They're sentient Deb. They think, have joy, fear,.... and love. 

It will make you feel soo good. Mind, body, and soul. I have never felt better in my life. 49 years old, I scored the highest in my class in physical tests in my law enforcement career I have just started. A lot of my success is my diet. 

Way to go. I try not to preach and repect people's choices. But anyone who goes meat-light ( sourced from humaine places as you suggest), vegetarian or vegan gets huge respect from me. 

It's why we stopped eating mammals.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Simple solution: change your password and let the computer randomize it.  Then you'll lock yourself out of the account.  Until you use the "forgot password" function.  And then end up buying more shit.  :hurhur:

I could do that. But that would just be more of a piss off than anything. So I guess I'm just going to try and practice better self control, and stay off there when I'm drinking.

• ThereItIs 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:13 AM, -dlc- said:

You savage you! (Me too)

That's awesome...I'm working my way there.

For those asking why, why not?

For health, for the planet, for the savings on meat. And the suffering and inhumane way the animals are treated is nothing to ignore.

I mean, unless you can buy premium cuts from a butcher, the meat in the big chain stores is scary awful. And the prices are ridiculous.

Hey, you guys realize that every plant you just killed and ate was making Oxygen from CO2 before it was harvested?

Now, I just bought a 3.75 KG beef brisket from sobeys for $45 and got $20 worth of Scene points on that purchase.. making chili with chunks of beef and have 5 other meals cut up out of it.

If you want Beef at reasonable prices stop buying it at crazy prices.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Hey, you guys realize that every plant you just killed and ate was making Oxygen from CO2 before it was harvested?

Were they sentient?

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think so, how can you prove otherwise?

That's a good question. Plants have shown some kind of communication. Some react when they 'hear' predators.

What scientist do tell us though is that a pig is likely smarter than a dog and....3 year old human animals. 

Those pigs see the world similar to a toddler, a child.

They think...they feel. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Were they sentient?

I'll never understand people who go out of their way to shit on vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, etc. If you want to eat meat, go for it, but don't make bad faith arguments and post facebook memes about how great meat is when someone's expressing their choice to eat veggies instead. I eat meat (have gone vegetarian a few times) but am not going to act like the meat industry isn't a problem for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that living creatures with rich inner experiences suffer because of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/nov/25/chinas-26-storey-pig-skyscraper-ready-to-produce-1-million-pigs-a-year

^This isn't right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

If you ever did shrooms, you know plant life is sentient and even more so than us.

I know a bit about shrooms, quite a developed plant.

It's effect on our brain doesn't mean it thinks though....

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

That's a good question. Plants have shown some kind of communication. Some react when they 'hear' predators.

What scientist do tell us though is that a pig is likely smarter than a dog and....3 year old human animals. 

Those pigs see the world similar to a toddler, a child.

They think...they feel. 

And they make a great breakfast samich.

That doesnt mean I would eat a dog. Or a human animal. However I respect your decisions while enjoying mine.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know a bit about shrooms, quite a developed plant.

It's effect on our brain doesn't mean it thinks though....

it might not "think" but it "feels" there is a difference. Sentient refers to feelings not thoughts or logic.

Plants turn towards the sun. Is that not a feeling?

My ex killed all my plants, they definitely had feelings.