Confessions

RWMc1

7 minutes ago, 112 said:

I'll 1-up you.

I'm 27 and haven't had employment since I was a teenager. I don't plan to work another job for the rest of my life. I've no interest whatsoever in working.

Wow. Ok. 1 thing I need to make clear, I like my job. Not in love with it. I'll never be I love my job guy. But, I do like beer and living inside. And the deal is if I'm not working, or going to school, I'm out on my ass. So I pay my way, and work hard doing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I confess ~

Going to the dentist is like my social hour! Everyone there is so wonderful! Plus, my dentist likes hockey!

And, no cavities, healthy teeth, healthy gums. 

I love going to the Dentist regularly too, I was just there a couple weeks ago, there’s actually people who don’t go to a dentist or never been in their life

Just now, runningback33 said:

I love going to the Dentist regularly too, I was just there a couple weeks ago, there’s actually people who don’t go to a dentist or never been in their life

Yeah, I like to talk about hockey and small talk!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

SO weird that this topic popped up in here today, of all days...

I have dentist PTSD. When I was little, we lived in a remote town that had no resident dentist. The company would fly in one from Vancouver and the one guy was a drunk... had no chair-side manner and it was just him, in an office in the basement of the hospital. One time he was painting fluoride on the teeth of us kids from the school (it was like assembly line) and he forgot to dilute it when he did mine so I ended up with burns on my gums, tongue and the inside of my mouth. I swear the drill was still one of those old foot-operated ones. Which is why, as an adult, I'd rather they actually pulled the tooth instead of fixing it! That said, I have a fabulous, kind and lovely dentist today, all my own teeth still, though I suspect I may lose my last remaining wisdom tooth tomorrow if the toothache today is any indication!

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Huggy Bear 3

9 minutes ago, brilac said:

I got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was in my young 20s. When they woke me up, all I wanted was Taco Bell, and kept saying I wanted Taco Bell with my friend wheeling me out in a wheel chair. 

My wisdom teeth haven't even grown in yet. I've got one maybe 2/3rds in in my upper right. On my upper left, it's barely broken the gums. Nothing on either side in the lower sides of my mouth. Guess I get it from my mom, she will be 54 in july and all her's haven't grown in yet.

5 minutes ago, brilac said:

I got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was in my young 20s. When they woke me up, all I wanted was Taco Bell, and kept saying I wanted Taco Bell with my friend wheeling me out in a wheel chair. 

Weird cravings like that after getting some medical or dental work done is normal. 

I remember craving a tuna sandwich from subway and some 7 Up after getting my gall bladder removed. 

It was weird. I had hardly ever had those things and yet after my surgery I just had to have it…and I did! 

It was refreshing.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, brilac said:

Speaking of Taco Bell, one of the guys on our roadtrip through the States wouldn't shut up about getting Taco Bell, so we pulled into one and he had his fill of Taco Bell.  Then we pulled into the next one along the route and even though he wasn't hungry, we sat there until he finished an order.  

He never asked for Taco Bell again.  In fact, I wonder if he still pukes a bit when he sees one like he did the rest of that roadtrip? 🤔

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Weird cravings like that after getting some medical or dental work done is normal. 

I remember craving a tuna sandwich from subway and some 7 Up after getting my gall bladder removed. 

It was weird. I had hardly ever had those things and yet after my surgery I just had to have it…and I did! 

It was refreshing.

I was craving subway(I don’t go often)so I went early this morning, now it’s in my fridge to have for lunch

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I have never had Taco Bell. And I keep mixing it up with Taco Time. 

I've also never had Taco Bell. I had the opportunity to get something from there once and was really tempted, but I decided to grab brunch from a nearby White Spot instead.

There really aren't a lot of Taco Bells in Canada tbh.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, 112 said:

I've also never had Taco Bell. I had the opportunity to get something from there once and was really tempted, but I decided to grab brunch from a nearby White Spot instead.

There really aren't a lot of Taco Bells in Canada tbh.

I think there's, like, one that's in Langley or something. But I don't really care if I never try since I'm not a huge fan of Mexican fast food anyway; especially when we have so many good restaurants in Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:34 AM, Psylocke said:

Everyone has a story. You don't owe anyone an explanation. 

Yeah, the older I get, the less judgmental I become. I'm shocked at how much more open I've become as I've entered my 30s. More and more I find myself being understanding that everyone's got their own lives and priorities and as long as they're happy and don't hurt others, I'm happy to live and let live.

Funny, I expected to become more closed-minded as I got older, but the opposite is happening.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, the older I get, the less judgmental I become. I'm shocked at how much more open I've become as I've entered my 30s. More and more I find myself being understanding that everyone's got their own lives and priorities and as long as they're happy and don't hurt others, I'm happy to live and let live.

Funny, I expected to become more closed-minded as I got older, but the opposite is happening.

Yeah, I try not to be judgmental and keep in mind that not everyone has to act and think the same.

Except the people who don't remove their backpacks on transit. They're the worse. 🤪

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Just wait, you're still young.  :hurhur:

(just kidding, I'm decades older than you and I don't think I've ever been as open-minded as I have ever, and I feel like I'm becoming more open minded as time passes... which has helped me really recognize what kind of person is considered closed minded and why many of them tend to be so unbelievably and incredibly self-centred)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I have never  been judgmental even when I was young...... except to racists....and now conspiracy theorists.....Trump fans and the far right wing nuts:hurhur:

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

25 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I have been judgmental even when I was young...... except to racists....and now conspiracy theorists.....Trump fans and the far right wing nuts:hurhur:

Hmm....maybe my ideological views are just shifting rather than being more open minded, haha.

I suppose you could easily be close-minded while shifting to other perspectives. You could ask, "would I be more open-minded to people who are closed-minded?" Maybe that's a bit too philosophical, haha.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Hmm....maybe my ideological views are just shifting rather than being more open minded, haha.

I suppose you could easily be close-minded while shifting to other perspectives. You could ask, "would I be more open-minded to people who are closed-minded?" Maybe that's a bit to philosophical, haha.

I meant to say never  been judgmental....I really should check before I post lol

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I meant to say never  been judgmental....I really should check before I post lol

Haha, don't worry, I think I still construed your post as you intended for the most part.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:51 AM, Psylocke said:

I have never had Taco Bell. And I keep mixing it up with Taco Time. 

You’re not missing much, the taco shells always break…I’ve never been to taco time but they opened one in South Surrey a few months ago(it used to be a EB Games/GameStop) seems they took forever to open..no idea how it is

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

You’re not missing much, the taco shells always break…I’ve never been to taco time but they opened one in South Surrey a few months ago(it used to be a EB Games/GameStop) seems they took forever to open..no idea how it is

I've been told that they're quite good by a handful of people. But I'm still not really interested in trying, and definitely not going to go out of my way just to try. If I happen to be near one, I might consider it. LOL 

• Cheers 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:11 PM, Cerridwen said:

SO weird that this topic popped up in here today, of all days...

I have dentist PTSD. When I was little, we lived in a remote town that had no resident dentist. The company would fly in one from Vancouver and the one guy was a drunk... had no chair-side manner and it was just him, in an office in the basement of the hospital. One time he was painting fluoride on the teeth of us kids from the school (it was like assembly line) and he forgot to dilute it when he did mine so I ended up with burns on my gums, tongue and the inside of my mouth. I swear the drill was still one of those old foot-operated ones. Which is why, as an adult, I'd rather they actually pulled the tooth instead of fixing it! That said, I have a fabulous, kind and lovely dentist today, all my own teeth still, though I suspect I may lose my last remaining wisdom tooth tomorrow if the toothache today is any indication!

I hate going to the dentist because of bad experiences when I was young.  That and I have the worse gag telex.  My Doctor said its the worst one he had ever seen.  Could even put a tongue depressor in my mouth.

I do have a great dentist now though.  I use sedation dentistry where the put you out completely.  I had to have 2 implants done about 10 years ago.  Along with a root canal.

Don't remember a thing.  I was out for 3 hours I think it was.  Had no bleeding and no swelling.

Had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once also about 20 years ago.  No problems at all.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1