Confessions

RWMc1

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I do.  Especially at a Pub I am a regular at for lunch.

I always get better service when I go.

That and students delivering pizza.

I remember hard hard it is when you are not making much money.

I confess I was copying Mr. Pink’s sentiments in Reservoir Dogs.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'm rooting for Matthews to miss out on hitting 70 and Kucherov to miss out on hitting 100 assists 

I hope the final score is 1-0 with Kucherov scoring the winning goal, because that's probably the best way to make sure he doesn't assist on anything 

I think it'd be hilarious 

1/2 ain't bad 

Matthews being stuck at 69 is pretty nice

23 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I only spent a couple of years in restaurant/bar work but I haven't forgotten. We always tip 20%, and are always respectful to staff even when they are having an off day.

Yes I Tip at sit down restaurants, just not fast food places

• Cheers 1

I confess ~

It amazes me how people are protective of their personal space, like not sitting next to people on the bus, placing a backpack to the seat next to them, and so on. It’s the bus - we pay for one seat. I don’t believe in personal space when it comes to public transportation. I sit next to people, especially in the middle seat. I’m like - goody, a spare seat! I’m not much for standing on the bus. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

I confess ~

It amazes me how people are protective of their personal space, like not sitting next to people on the bus, placing a backpack to the seat next to them, and so on. It’s the bus - we pay for one seat. I don’t believe in personal space when it comes to public transportation. I sit next to people, especially in the middle seat. I’m like - goody, a spare seat! I’m not much for standing on the bus. 

putting your backpack on a seat is obnoxious. 

• Like 1

After 5 years of having telus , I just realised I can send my phone to my optik tv....so, all my tunes on my phone can now go through my classic stereo system as it's hooked up to the tv.

Sounds awesome.

#luddite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

After 5 years of having telus , I just realised I can send my phone to my optik tv....so, all my tunes on my phone can now go through my classic stereo system as it's hooked up to the tv.

Sounds awesome.

#luddite. 

I discovered that by accident when in the middle of a movie being watched by someone else, my music started playing through the tv/soundbar! And then I couldn't remember which things I'd been playing with toggles on! 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

putting your backpack on a seat is obnoxious. 

I confess I do it all the time. I am weary of strangers sitting next to me, since a rather large man(easily 400 lbs) sat next to me and was kinda leaning on me. He did this even though the bus was empty besides the driver and us. I was uncomfortable, so I got up to sit somewhere else and that man was offended. He said “Gee sorry I bothered you!”. 

So yeah, I put my backpack on the seat next to me. I’ll put it on my lap if the person won’t squish me or isn’t sketchy at all. However, I’d rather sit by myself because of that one incident. 

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I confess I do it all the time. I am weary of strangers sitting next to me, since a rather large man(easily 400 lbs) sat next to me and was kinda leaning on me. He did this even though the bus was empty besides the driver and us. I was uncomfortable, so I got up to sit somewhere else and that man was offended. He said “Gee sorry I bothered you!”. 

So yeah, I put my backpack on the seat next to me. I’ll put it on my lap if the person won’t squish me or isn’t sketchy at all. However, I’d rather sit by myself because of that one incident. 

I haven't been on public transit in years. But I'm going to hang out with a buddy of mine, and driving in downtown just won't work. So skytrain it is. Hoping I don't have an incident like yours. I very much keep to myself, I might have to end a fucker.......

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

10 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I haven't been on public transit in years. But I'm going to hang out with a buddy of mine, and driving in downtown just won't work. So skytrain it is. Hoping I don't have an incident like yours. I very much keep to myself, I might have to end a fucker.......

You guys need to chill a bit. If you want to be alone then stand. 

17 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I was on a Greyhound once and a lady 300+lbs started sleeping on me.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

Years ago, I got on a Greyhound bus at Mackenzie junction going to PG. There was only one seat next to a guy. He smelled so foul that I had to ask the bus driver to stop. I got out and hitch-hiked the rest of the way to PG. I was given a ride by a friend from work and his wife. Years later my sons played against his sons in a tournament in Mackenzie. We beat them but the team from Tumbler won the tournie.

On 4/17/2024 at 2:23 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

I do.  Especially at a Pub I am a regular at for lunch.

I always get better service when I go.

That and students delivering pizza.

I remember hard hard it is when you are not making much money.

As a former bartender, I tip everyone. Servers, Cabbies, Barbers....

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

We're not announcing yet, so I can't tell anyone IRL, but yesterday I found out we're having a daughter and she's perfectly healthy. Now she's all I think about. 

congratulations!!

picked out a university yet, or are you going to wait a bit? 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Going to be an expensive 3 days.....had to replace the battery in the start/stop button in my Jeep yesterday....$460.

Now the train in front of my garage door is completely plugged up and some water was leaking thru.  So had to move the stereo subwoofer and records etc.  Had someone try a 8 foot long snake but to no avail.  They dug a trench to divert water.

So have to have someone come in the morning with proper equipment to unplug it.

Must be pizza night.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Sad 1

Made a screw up at work. I scribbled out a mistake I made in a log book, I forgot it was considered a 'legal doc'.

i could be in some actual trouble as I am still in my probation period. I'm sad. I am being told that I am excelling as an officer by supervisors but I know management will look at this. I was giving a post with a lot of responsibilty and even though my mistake seemed small inrelation to other serious aspects of the prison, I have let myself down. I drank heavy last night and felt sorry for myself.

Now, I'll get back up like I always do. I have no other choice. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

On 4/18/2024 at 9:51 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

I will put my backpack on a seat until it gets busy and people have to sit next to each other.

I've also had a situation with a stalker downtown who got on the bus after me (even though it wasn't his bus) and so I sat next to the only other person on there. He eventually left when I said I wouldn't add my number in his phone and then sat elsewhere. For reference, I'm also a guy.

I don't blame girls for being protective. I've had a girl co-worker have to notify the bus depot to get security on a bus because of a guy who wouldn't leave her alone.